MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35

Filtered by skin tone : Fair age: 30-35
MAC Cosmetics Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35
MAC BBPrep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35

3.5

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.40%, Octisalate 4.00%, Oxybenzone 2.50%, Titanium Dioxide 1.10%, Zinc Oxide 3.50% Other Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Glyceryl Sterate, Behenyl Alcohol, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, PEG-40 Stearate, Polyglyceryl-10 Pentastearate, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caffeine, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Urea, Sodium Hyluronate, Squalane, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract,/Extrait D’orge, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Glycerin, Lecithin, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Cholesterol, Trehalose, Sodium PCA, Oryzanol, Ammonium Acryloydimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Sucrose, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Xanthan Gum, Polyquaternium-51, Isopropyl Titanium Triisosterate, Silica, Aluminum Stearate, Linoleic Acid, Stearic Acid, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphensin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 10/16/2015 3:47:00 PM

NO. Just NO! It smells like heavy sunscreen, its texture is heavy and sticky and feels heavy on my skin. You also need to blot it every hour. Not good Mac. no no! I feel sorry for the money I spent on it. It's so bad, I won't even give it away to any of my friends.

on 10/11/2014 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is my first experience with a "foundation" from MAC. I wanted to be colored matched and the gal at MAC was like: BB cream is for you. I matched as Light Plus (that's me with a tan...so I'm fair)

I love this BB cream. I would say it's medium coverage, but buildable. Seldom do I need to add concealer...except when I have a zit that needs a little more coverage. I apply with either my fingers, beauty blender or even with my foundation brush. I love how it looks regards of which technique I used to apply.

I use this with primer, either Hourglass, Smashbox or It Cosmetics. Wear all day at work. I use Tarte's setting powder over this BB cream.

Applies smoothly without tugging at that skin. Sets/dries quickly and doesn't break me out. I do find I like this when my skin isn't behaving due to coverage.

First BB cream I ever tried. I like the packaging and the fact that it packs sun protection. However, it doesn't have very good lasting power. It becomes greasy early on and if I apply powder it accents my pores. I'm not sure why all the good reviews because the coverage is light to medium light and this is definitely not buildable, unless of course you want your pores to show through. I would not recommend nor would I buy again.

on 3/18/2014 1:36:00 AM

I loved this product when I first tried it, it made my skin look so fantastic that I bought one for my sister as well. However, after wearing it for only one week, I broke out with deep cyst like acne on my cheeks. I've broken out before, but never on my cheeks so this was very strange. I saw my sister a week later & her skin was terribly broken out as well. I was shocked to see how bad it was. We're both in out 30's now, and our skin hadn't looked that bad since we were teenagers. To make sure the bb cream was really the culprit, I waited for my skin to clear up & tried it again. After only two days, the acne flared up again. I rarely break out from anything, so I can't even imagine what this could do to someone with acne prone skin. If you're looking for a light, natural foundation, I recommend Make Up For Ever Face & Body. It provides a fresh radiant look without the clogged pores. I love MAC so it pains me to say this, but in my opinion this is a terrible product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I'm loving this BB Cream! Just FYI, it has the same ingredients/different order as Smashbox's and Bobbi Brown's BB Creams so if those weren't quite what you were looking for, I highly recommended MAC's. I have dry very sensitive skin with rosacea. This product hasn't caused any irritation which is always the first test. Luckily other than pink cheeks I don't have much to cover so this provides just enough color to even my color out. It's just glowy enough and I don't even need powder on top unless I want to look a bit more polished. This is my 2nd favorite foundation/TM next to Matchmaster. Also I tried the BB cream in the compact first since I'm so dry but it really made my pores look huge, just didn't work for me. Light is a very good match for my NC15 Matchmaster Shade 1 skin.

I wanted to try a BB cream for the summer since I usually wear the Studio Tech and its very heavy and has no SPF. I really love how my skin looks with this on but I wish that putting it on wasn't such a project. It is very streaky when using a foundation brush but goes on great with a sponge. The problem with using the sponge is it takes up double the product. At $30 a tube that really isn't ideal. The MA at MAC told me to pat it on with the brush and it takes forever:(

on 5/3/2013 11:18:00 PM

This is the first BB that I have tried...and it works great for me. I especially like the amount of SPF protection (35 I think). It matches my skin an looks natural....probably will be my go to for the summer. I wear it alone and set with powder, I would describe it as light coverage. I tried the very light shade as I am quite fair.

I am extremely disappointed in this product. I have only used 2 others, but in comparison this is the worst so far.
It is fairly expensive for the amount you get, in fact I think the cap is made larger so it is even more deceiving just how little product you are getting for $30.
I don't feel that it applies as easily as my others, I use a foundation brush and it was very streaky, and I had to keep blending it out.
What I specifically do not care for though is rather than floating above my skin, giving me a flawless look, it seems to settle into every pore, looks very dry and noticeable. It looks like I have a powder caked on my face, which is definitely not the look I wanted.
My purpose in using a BB is to even out the redness in my cheeks. I have sensitive combination skin, but even on my oily nose this is flaky.

If I had to try and pinpoint some positives, it is slightly luminous rather than overly shiny, so you look healthy not oily. Tone-wise they seem to be more natural rather than the ghost effect some seem to have.

For my needs, this is not the right product, and for this price it needs to be...my search for the perfect BB continues!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I cannot talk about this product highly enough! I just can't! I am over the moon about it. I bought it last weekend at a CCO and just went back today to buy out the stock but they were out :( I have oily skin but really oily in the nose and large pores. No major issues to cover up, just the pores and overall evening out of skin tone.

Foundation (even geared towards oily skin) initially looks good on me (with oil control primer) and then my mid day is not good on my nose area and can look thick or sliding off in other areas.

I have tried everything it feels like.

This product, oh my word! It lasts well into the night for me and looks the same as when I applied it in the morning. It is light but buildable and I usually put two layers on (on top of my primer and Clinique pore cream on my nose) and then a powder (plus other face cosmetics like blush).

This is the first time I actually don't dread looking in a compact at mid-day in horror at what has happened to my face. I honestly don't even need to powder. I have rec'd so many compliments recently, which is so encouraging. I love the SPF, the texture of the product, and the finish.

The one I bought didn't have a color listed on it. When I went on MAC's website right now, there are now a lot of colors. I asked the MAC artist on the chat feature and she said the original launch was in the color Light. It is a great match for me (NW20).

If you are looking for major coverage, this is not it. If you want a light product that you can build, does not add to shine, and you can put many other products on top of, I say give it a try!

on 7/30/2012 6:40:00 PM

I like everything about this product, highly recommended if you are pale. I'm NC 15 and this is perfect. I use it as a tinted moisturizer. The coverage is medium, feels great and looks flawless when I blend with the fingers. No complaints and the price is right too, 30 mLs for $30.

MAC writes:
Prep + Prime Beauty Balm is lightly tinted in a nearly sheer beige tone to work on an array of complexions, it creamily re-texturizes the skin and then goes on to excel at being a face primer with high everyday UVA/UVB SPF 35 defense.

Update- this is being sold in three shades now while originally there was just one option. I used the MAC chat to figure out which one to reorder and apparently, the orig one is now the Light shade.