MAC Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35

Filtered by age: 25-29
MAC Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35
MAC BBPrep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35

3.3

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.40%, Octisalate 4.00%, Oxybenzone 2.50%, Titanium Dioxide 1.10%, Zinc Oxide 3.50% Other Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Glyceryl Sterate, Behenyl Alcohol, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, PEG-40 Stearate, Polyglyceryl-10 Pentastearate, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caffeine, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Urea, Sodium Hyluronate, Squalane, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract,/Extrait D’orge, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Glycerin, Lecithin, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Cholesterol, Trehalose, Sodium PCA, Oryzanol, Ammonium Acryloydimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Sucrose, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Xanthan Gum, Polyquaternium-51, Isopropyl Titanium Triisosterate, Silica, Aluminum Stearate, Linoleic Acid, Stearic Acid, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphensin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 1/21/2017 2:29:00 AM

This is my first BB cream ever, well i have dry skin and didnt have high hopes for this product, but I almost love it! It's really soft and light for my skin, did a good job for fixing discolorations. I use flat top brush with two puff of mac fix plus spray, blends really well. Just i dont like the smell, sunscreen scent! I like wearing it daily when im going to work.

I bought this BB cream long time ago when the craze of BB cream started.
All I can say, I'm not impressed. Meh...

It made my skin flakey everytime I applied it which didn't happen when I used skin79 BB cream. It didn't really give any coverage or evened out my skin tone. I know most BB cream give low-medium coverage but I would expect it to AT LEAST even out my skin tone. I can say I got none from this Mac BB cream.

The texture is thicker than other BB cream which I found hard to blend on my dry skin although I had prepped and moisturized my skin well beforehand. I tried so many methods to make it work, I moisturized my skin 5-10 mins before application being hopeful that the moisturizer would prep my skin first, I tried to apply it right away after moisturizer thinking the moist would help to the BB cream to blend, I tried primer (any kind of primer, silicone based, water based). None of them worked.

The only thing that worked was mixing this BB cream with moisturizer with about 1:1 ratio. It made it easier to apply but then it means it gives even less coverage than before.

I used this BB cream and skin79 alternately. Skin79 is definitely easier to apply and doesn't dry out my skin. This Mac BB cream somehow left a lot of itty bitty gunk on my skin. I would pick this BB cream whenever I wanted to start my day with a disaster and morning rage.

The only thing I like is the packaging, slim and handy. The rest? Meh... I would rather buy cheaper one.

Will I buy this again? No way Jose.

on 2/2/2016 3:57:00 AM

I was using this over a year. I liked the color match (extra light) and the fact that it contains spf made me want to continue using it. But somehow I found it a bit thick and "powdery" upon the application and there was something I disliked about the consistency of this product, despite being a bb cream it always looked like full coverage foundation on me. I finished up the tube last week and decided it is time to say goodbye to this product. Maybe I will repurchase it again one day but I believe there are better options available on the market.

on 1/25/2016 11:19:00 PM

This was such a disappointment, the lightest shade was incredibly yellow and moved around my face - it never set, and was even worse on humid days. It had a very strong sunscreen scent and a similar consistency. I wouldn't recommend it at all, I ended up throwing it in the bin.

I really wanted to love this product too because the packaging design is sleek and convenient.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

So disappointed. I'm very fair (NW 10 in mac) and this just went on so so yellow. I found it heavy and sticky. It kept me fairly matte (with powder on my tzone) but I just hated the heavy sticky feel on my skin. I wouldn't repurchase or recommend this to anyone.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this bb cream and have re-purchased it a few times already. It is very light coverage and I use it at work and after a night of drinking (or anytime my skin isnt great) :P I feel like it improves my skins appearance when I where it several days in a row since it is light and moisturizing. Or it is perfect on days where you dont feel like wearing a lot of makeup but want to improve you skin tone a tad to have that great skin, no makeup needed look :)

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really love this BB. I have used several before this and for my oily skin, this is the only one I can use. I have texture issues from scarring, large pores and some wrinkles on my forever. I want these things to be smoothed and filled so my skin looks more natural and just smooth. I have to stay away from matte foundations because it tends to settle in my texture problems and accentuate them. This product does a beautiful job at making my skin look smooth, natural and lasts wonderfully on my oily skin. I do set my t zone with a powder, but it still looks great. This has exceptional coverage in my opinion for a bb. I think the tool you use makes all the difference. I use a real techniques expert face brush, but the Mac dual fiber foundation brush is great too. Love this so much, especially the mineral spf 35!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this a long time ago but im starting to use it again. This goes on really light, and if you have sensitive skin that gets red easily, like mine, be prepared to use a lot, or use foundation over it because i need to cover my redness up. Also kinda is too creamy that it slides off of where i put it, even with primer.

on 5/12/2015 12:45:00 PM

This is more of a foundation than a BB cream really. The plus side is that it has spf 35 so it eliminates the need for sunscreen. Light to medium coverage. Perfect for everyday.

on 2/26/2015 1:04:00 PM

I saw this in sephora one day and decided to give it a try once my bb cream at home ran out. It is definitely the most expensive bb cream I've gotten but it's pretty good. I use it mainly as a makeup base before applying powder foundation. The coverage is light to medium which doesn't bother me and it is quite long-lasting. It helps my makeup to stay on for most of the day. it's also a bonus that this comes with spf 35 which means I can cut out sunscreen. I like that you don't have to apply a lot to see results. The product also lasts for a long time. I've been using my first tube for more than a year and only just finishing it even though I already have my second tube ready and on standby. It's pricey but worth it.