MAC Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35

Filtered by age: 19-24
MAC Prep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35
MAC BBPrep + Prime BB Beauty Balm SPF 35

3.8

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.40%, Octisalate 4.00%, Oxybenzone 2.50%, Titanium Dioxide 1.10%, Zinc Oxide 3.50% Other Ingredients: Water/Aqua/Eau, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Glyceryl Sterate, Behenyl Alcohol, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, PEG-40 Stearate, Polyglyceryl-10 Pentastearate, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caffeine, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Urea, Sodium Hyluronate, Squalane, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract,/Extrait D’orge, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Glycerin, Lecithin, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Cholesterol, Trehalose, Sodium PCA, Oryzanol, Ammonium Acryloydimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Sucrose, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Xanthan Gum, Polyquaternium-51, Isopropyl Titanium Triisosterate, Silica, Aluminum Stearate, Linoleic Acid, Stearic Acid, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphensin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Love this bb cream! Have combination skin that has improved so much since I've been using this, doesn't dry out my dry patches but stops my face feeling oily as the day goes on.

on 8/6/2017 11:55:00 PM

I purchased this for an everyday use as a light coverage compared to a foundation.
I do not like it, even when the women at MAC put it on me in the store it didn't look good, it was patchy, and stuck to areas more than others and just didn't blend very well. But she promised that it would look good once I have cleansed and moisturized my face (as I came in after a whole day at work), so I bought it.
But she wasn't correct. I have tried this more than 20 times and each time after having it on for only a few hours it was coming off, super oily and unflattering on the skin, just like it was in the store.
I would not recommend this product to any one in the market for a healthy looking bb cream.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I find it kinda difficult to apply. I tried BB, brushes and fingers but it always goes on really patchy especially if you don't blend it out fast and it builds up really bad where my skin is dry. I avoid using it all over my face and mainly use it on blemishes.

This is my go to! I find it has a fair amount of coverage for a BB cream, which is great for my skin. It is light but build able. I do get oily in my T zone as the day goes on so if you're looking at a long makeup day it would probably need a touch up after 8 hours. I always set my BB cream with my MAC Studio Fix powder to keep my face looking matte and that usually works for me! The price is a little high but that is to be expected with MAC and honestly if I find something that works for me I don't mind paying a little extra for a good product. I don't use this every single day (maybe 3-5 days a week) and so it does last me almost a full year which is great!

I'm giving this 4/5 lippies because although I personally enjoy this product and have repurchased it, I do not find it *amazing* and would be open to considering other products especially at a more affordable price. I do, however, recommend this to anyone looking for a nice BB cream or if you are curious about this say go for it!

on 2/22/2016 2:09:00 PM

I have this in medium. I don't like smell first. It is ok for every day use and if you have not probem with acne etc... If you are combination to oily like me, you must set powder and it will stay. I am sure that you can find better bb cream for this money.

on 1/9/2016 3:40:00 AM

I have used this product for around 3 years,
I would not be without it, I use it as an every day foundation. Despite what other users say I do not have to top this up at all throughout the day. If you want something with heavy coverage this isn't the product for you! It gives a lovely dewy finish and a natural look it also goes on very easily. Plus its non comedogenic! Never caused me a breakout.

I love this BB cream! I have very pale skin and I don't like wearing heavy foundations; they look unnatural, can feel cakey heavy etc. This BB cream is a lovely lightweight It glides on easily and doesn't have too much coverage (but can when combined with a concealer) so it looks like your real skin but more flawless. When I wear this out people comment using words such as "radiant" and "glowing" which are perfect because it has such a lovely finish. All I use on my face now is a bit of Nars Creamy Concealer under this cream and my face is natural, radiant and flawless! Definitely recommend A+++

on 5/2/2015 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Being a solid MAC customer, I immediately purchased the Beauty Balm when it was released. Since I personally like light weight foundation I always opt of a BB/CC cream or my ultimate favourite the Studio Fix both in liquid and compact. For this Beauty Balm, I've purchased both the compact and liquid. The liquid being a matte finish for oily skin and the compact for dry skin. I got both because in Sydney the weather is ridiculous so sometimes my face is oily, sometimes extremely dry (perhaps also because of my psoriasis). In mentioning that, I always use organic products on my skin; in fear that chemicals will damage my super sensitive skin.

As of the compact, it comes with a round sponge applicator. I must admit that it's completely pointless. It acquires so much product and barely applies on the skin. I always use a stipling brush to apply the BB which saves a whole lot more product and also applies WAY better. However, the liquid one (despite the fact they both come in 40mL) lasts 10 times (okay a little exaggerated) more longer than the compact. A little bit goes a long way, you just need a peanut drop which shows a decent coverage.

I pair this with the Studio Fix foundation and always spray the Fix+ solution prior to application of ANY product when going clubbing or if I have a long day ahead of me. It lasts forever, I don't necessarily need to reapply. I think it's a good buy, cheaper than most of MAC's foundations and delivers a light to medium coverage. Perfect for day to day use if you only have a short amount of time you can dedicate to doing your make up.

on 3/28/2015 7:47:00 PM

Horrible product! I really hated this stuff! Did nothing for my skin what soever. Do not waste your money on this stuff!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have been using this product for 5 years. This BB Cream was my first ever real make-up product and it's still part of my daily make-up to this day. This is my HG BB Cream, I adore it!
The texture is the perfect consistency and is easy to smooth onto the face. A little bit goes a long way! It provides a light/medium coverage, with a slightly dewy finish. It makes my skin look natural and flawless. It doesn't cake up and doesn't cause me to break out even though my skin has changed in the 5 years. I definitely recommend this BB Cream.
My only complaint is that I wish it were in a pump bottle. But I wish everything was in a pump bottle.