The Body Shop Scents Of The World ~ Indian Night Jasmine

No Image

3.7

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Indian Night Jasmine is a lovely sweet jasmine fragrance. This version is quite soft and musky, with a touch of power thrown in also. It is a very inoffensive scent which is perfect for the office, or similarly conservative environments. It is a sweet floral, quite a simple fragrance really. It is a compliment getter and a people pleaser. The staying power is quite average for Body Shop fragrances, about 3-4 hours. It lasts longer when paired with the matching lotion and shower gel, though is still strong and pleasant enough on its own. This is a nice quality product for the price, and whilst it is a sweet floral, it is not too immature or sickly sweet. A lovely fragrance with a hint of the exotic. I would recommend it to lovers of jasmine who are looking for a more toned version of the intense flower.

on 2/21/2016 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

The scent itself is lovely. It's the sweet jasmine I've been searching for. However for the mist, it literally lasts 10 minutes. I'm buying the edt next & hoping that has better staying power.

*update:
I bought the edt., and it, too, completely disappears after 5-10 minutes. It's a shame, because I've been looking for a perfume that smells like this for a very long time, and it smells beautiful, for five minutes....

on 2/27/2015 1:56:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Picked this up in the small travel size for $6, which is a great idea if you want to try out these scents. This one didn't quite work for me, not terrible, I'll use it up eventually but it dries down a bit too musky for my taste. I bought it hoping it would mix well with the Wild Argan Oil body butter, it's not a bad combo but not for me. Would not repurchase.

on 12/16/2014 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Very sweet. The sweetness completely overwhelms the jasmine, which smells too synthetic anyway. The overall effect is artificial and cloying, like a bad celebrity fragrance. I'm getting a lot of baby powdery white musk under it? Despite its grown-up name this smells like something a teenager might wear. Their Moringa fragrance has a lot more jasmine in it and it smells miles better.

My complaint with a lot of the reviews I've seen for INJ (both on and off MUA) is that nearly all of them compare the Indian Night Jasmine fragrance to the Neroli Jasmine. GUYS PLS CAN WE JUST LOVE THIS FOR WHAT IT IS AND NOT WHAT WE WANT IT TO BE. PLSSS GUYS.

Anyway, the INJ fragrance itself has base notes mostly of sandalwood, then jasmine, and violet and orange blossom. I don't really detect the orange blossom and the violet is just barely there. I'd say it's mostly sandalwood, and I actually really like that because it's definitely very Indian in essence (maybe I'm taking this whole brown-Aladdin thing too far? eh, probably, but I digress) and very exotic.

My boyfriend is Bengali and he has this natural sandalwood toothbrush (not too OT I hope) that smells (because yes I go around smelling my boyfriend's toothbrush) very close to the EDT, which is what attracted me to the scent in the first, except the EDT of course is more feminine and floral overall. After smelling INJ on me, he commented I smell like "sandalwood, but prettier." With that comment, does that make HG perfume status? I THINK SO.

Since I bought the EDT and eau de parfum (body mist) in March or so, I've bought the perfume oil (love!!) and the travel spray (because running miles in gym class gets me icky at eight in the morning *cries*). I really, REALLY want to get the new body butter and try the other body lotion. Haven't tried any of TBS' body butters just yet! Maybe it's time to start :P

I commented on what someone else was wearing and it was this. I tried some on myself and the smell was nice, bit nicer than the Nero li jasmine spray from body shop I have that I like. Pretty smell. However it made my nose feel tickle y and my eyes water for ages which I never remember experiencing with a scent before or I would have bought it.

on 3/10/2014 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a beautiful fragrance that really is jasmine. Some fragrances that say jasmine aren't really jasmine, they tend to have a lot of other scents mixed in.

This is jasmine, sandalwood, orange, and violet. I get the jasmine right off the bat and dries down to jasmine and sandalwood with a little violet. I don't detect the orange on myself.

It's a moderate silage and does trail a little. Nothing over the top though and it lasts for an average amount of time, about 5-6 hours. Very feminine.

on 11/30/2013 5:42:00 PM

One of my fav perfumes. Smells nice, lasts a long time and is very feminine. Is also not expensive at all and better than most 70-80$ perfumes (I pay 12,50€ for a bottle, which is about 20 dollars).

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Why aren't there more reviews for this eau de toilette? Why are the two sole reviews not in favour of this fragrance? I am in love with Indian Night Jasmine. I usually side towards more floral, fresh scents, but this heavier musky bottle of lush has won my heart. I wouldn't wear it in the summer or spring, but it's a good thing fall is coming so I can make this my signature scent!

on 2/15/2013 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

UPDATE April 2013. I fell out of love with this. It started to feel too sweet/heady and cloying on me. I don't hate it but I definitely don't love it or even like it.

ORIGINAL: On me, this smells warm and sonewhat sweet. Not really floral (which is OK by me). People on the frag boards have suggested that this is the old Neroli Jasmine re-packaged, but I disagree; I hated the neroli in that one (too sharp and citrusy) and I don't smell it in INJ. BTW I have the perfume oil, and I prefer that for spot application to pulse points.

Popular Fragrances