Tarte Clean Slate 360 Creaseless 12-Hour Smoothing Eye Primer

Tarte Clean Slate 360 Creaseless 12-Hour Smoothing Eye Primer

4.3

Isododecane, Mica, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Propylene Carbonate, Cera Alba/Beeswax/ Cire D'abeille, PEG-40 Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Phenoxyethanol, Boron Nitride, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 8/17/2017 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I always thought primer was mostly hype. Afterall, I'd tried the Holy Primer Grail UDPP and a holy grail it was not. My eyeliner still smudged and I would look like a raccoon at the end of the day. Way to go to accentuate dem dark circles - smudge on new ones! I bought this only because I needed to make up the difference in a Tarte haul and wasn't expecting much.

Holy Batman, this stuff is amazeballs! I'd put on my usual Mac eyeshadow with mascara and at the end of the day, NO SMUDGE. In fact, the colours remained vibrant. Next I tried that with crayon eyeliner, which is usually a smudge city guarantee. Guess what? After 6 hours, NO SMUDGE. NO KIDDING.

I loved it so much I used it to prime my undereye area as well, before concealer. For the first time (what a waste of all those smudgey makeup wearing decades!), I'm confident I won't look like Jack Sparrow after a long day.

PS I used to have oily eyelids but I think my complexion has changed over the years. This reveal is only to say that I don't know if it would work as well on young, oily lids.

on 8/2/2017 2:54:00 PM

Loving this. I have always had oily lids and had to use more drying primers. Now that I am 49 I need the smoothness this primer provides. I also use it along my lower lash lines.

on 1/8/2017 4:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

Got this recently based on reviews saying it's good for dry skin, and am VERY glad I did! I have a LOT of eye primers, and very sensitive and dry eyes. I love doing complex eye looks, but can't use some of the more drying primers. Have used two days now, and man, it works great! I applied just a tiny bit (have found that too much primer is worse than none) and my shadow is still 95% after 14 hours! No itching, irritation, or dryness; shadows went on/blended like a dream over this. I really can't fault it in any way; even the $20 price is well worth it. HG!!!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been hearing that this product was discontinued by Tarte with no replacement. I have one left in reserve. So we will have to test some different ones.

on 8/5/2016 5:13:00 PM

I took the plunge on purchasing this product after reading rave reviews on it. I have tried it for about a month and I'm unimpressed. I have oily eyelids and decided to switch up my routine of using Urban Decay Primer Potion (which I can get about 6 hours of solid wear out of.) I was looking for something that would give me a longer wear time- where I didn't have to be looking in the mirror constantly to see if my eye shadow had creased yet throughout my day. I was lucky to get two hours of wear with this primer. It went on smooth, and I liked the look of it with shadow over top, but it didn't live up to it's creaseless claim on my skin. I've switched back to UDPP until I find something I like better.

I recently bought this online, and I would definitely buy again. Just a little bit of this, and my eye shadow holds for at least 12 hours. Blending works well on this eye primer, as well as fancy designs.
This product is costly (about $20 in the us, at sephora.) but well worth the money because of how long it lasts.

on 12/12/2014 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this primer! I have oily hooded eyes, so liner and shadow crease and smudge on me in minutes!! But I apply this at 9am and by the time I take off my makeup at 10pm my shadow is just barely creased in the inner corner but otherwise perfect! It doesn't bother my sensitive eye lids and the bottle has lasted me quite a while!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am surprised how impressed I am by this product. I have hooded eyes and aging eyes (45 years old), so creepiness is setting in with my eyelids. Add in oily eyelids, and it makes eyeshadow application not only challenging, but wear-time can be abysmal. So I tried this thinking, here we go again, another so-so primer..but I was wrong.

First off, what I notice is this just somehow makes my eyelids look more youthful and SMOOTH, even without eyeshadow. But then applying shadow, this helps make the eyeshadows look more pigmented once applied. My shadows last all day with this, no creasing, they look about the same at the end of 10 hours (or even more!) as they did when I first applied them. And, this amazingly helps with the creepiness I have, it just makes my eyelids look 25 years old again..yay!!!! :)

I will add that if you have trouble blending shadows, this may be something you might want to check out. It makes my shadows seemless; they all blend together flawlessly.

This is a tube application, which although I know wands are not very sanitary, i wish this was a wand applicator. But that obviously bears no merit on the performance or my rating. The opening of the tube is a very small hole, about the size of a pinpoint, so either you get a teeny tiny amount or enough for 4 people at a time, so you have to be careful, as that can be a little annoying to get 'too much' product out at once.

This currently retails for $20.00 USD. I find a dab will do ya, so this should last a good 6 months, so I suggest and plan on waiting for the sales to pick this up. But even so, the price point is not terrible, especially compared to other primers that to me do not work as well. This is a white cream, reminds me of the Nars primer. But the white shade has no bearing on the shadow look, imo..it disappears and melts right into the skin, and I am currently tanned, so if the white shade were to show up, I would 'notice'.

But even with those very minor trivial complaints, the product itself is worth the very minor hassle of the tube application. You do get the 'hang' of how gently you need to squeeze the tube, so it is no biggie. I just wish they would use a more forgiving/softer type of plastic like the Urban Decay tube, this Tarte plastic seems 'hard' and is easy to get 'too much' out at a time. But again, you just learn to be careful....No biggie. To me and for me, it works better than any other shadow primer I have tried, and I am pretty sure I have tried them all. This is holy grail for me, even though the tube is a bit of a pain. And really, I am making the tube to be more of a pain that it actually is. But I just want to mention all the good and the bad.

But seriously to have 12 or more hours with shadow looking as good as when first applied and even the eyelids themselves looking better..yes, please!! And, thank you!! :) :)

on 2/20/2015 8:44:00 PM

This is by far the best eye primer! I love the fact that it is "flesh" colored. It does not add any color to your lids, nor does it take away any discoloration. If you are looking for something that will even out the skin tone, this is NOT it. This product provides a nice base for your eyeshadows. I have fairly oily lids, and this primer is the only one that makes my shadow stay on for 15+ hours without creasing. A little bit goes a long way. I have been using mine for 6 months pretty much every day, and I still have quite a bit of the product left.

on 3/4/2016 11:36:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I bought this together with the Tarte's Clean Slate 12hr Poreless Primer (which I just reviewed).

Much like that primer, this works for me too. I spot-apply it on my eyelids and under my eyes when I forget to prime that area too.

My mineral powder foundation and concealer hadn't creased since I started using this primer, so I'm pretty chuffed about this product.

Some drawbacks: like all Tarte primers, it's not as natural as it purported to be. It had dimethicone in it, an ingredient I'm still undecided on. But it didn't caused me to break out or my skin to secrete even more sebum, so I think it's better than the last primer I tried which was from Urban Decay. It's also not cheap, but since I only use a tiny amt each time, I believe this tube can last me between 6mths to a year, so that isn't too bad.