Vichy Capital Soleil SPF 50 mattifying face fluid dry touch

Vichy Capital Soleil SPF 50 mattifying face fluid dry touch

3.9

Aqua, Homosalate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Ethylhexyl Triazone, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Bis-Ethylhexyloxyphenol Methoxyphenyl Triazine, Drometrizole Trisiloxane, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Aluminium Starch OctenylSuccinate, Octocrylene, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Parfum (Fragrance), Caprylyl Methicone, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Caprylyl Glycol, Cinnamomum Cassia Bark Extract, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Inulin Lauryl Carbamate, PEG-8 Laurate, Phenoxyethanol, Inulin Lauryl Carbamate, PEG-8 Laurate, Phenoxyethanol, Potarium Officinale Root Extract, Stearic Acid, Stearyl Alcohol, Terephthalylidene Dicamphor Sulfonuc Acid, Titanium DIoxide, Toicioherokn tromethamine, Xanthan Gum, Zingiber Officinale Root Extract/Ginger Extract.

Oh my gosh what a nice sunscreen. It smells like my ideal perfume, makes me feel clean and fresh especially on days I've just washed my hair, silky to apply and becomes matt and powdery on the skin. I would say though there is still a tiny bitty hint of white cast from the powdery effect but I like that, because it helps to soften and even my face (short term effect) which I now wear alone instead of foundation. When I stroke my face, it feels so soft and velvety. I've found the best way to wear this to make it ideal due to there being lots of contradictory reviews of it being either greasy or too dry.

-This product will remain greasy feeling and not at all mattifying if you apply this after your moisturiser or even from using a toner that leaves a film that may still be slightly sticky to the touch. To fix this problem, wear only this product after you have cleansed your face in the morning. A micellar water such as Simple Micellar water works well to use as a toner, making sure you use a cotton pad to wipe your face. The wet feeling somewhat evaporates too. Or a natural rose water spray. This is when the Vichy lotion performs its best.

-If the product makes you feel too dry by following the above method, then use a hydrating/moisturised cleanser beforehand and keep your skin well moisturised/nourished at night time before bed.

I now like wearing only this product during the day because it makes my skin appear healthy without the shine or sticky feeling. I generally feel like I have to wear lots of foundation but I prefer now just wearing this for the summer.

on 5/15/2016 9:42:00 AM

I needed good sun protection to wear under makeup. Something that would not leave greasy or white film residue. This one isn't working at all. First of, irritates my skin, turns it red. It is also too greasy. I have combination skin, not oily. Both my Cle de Peau and Armani Luminous Silk foundations slide then cake on top of this sunscreen. I have only been able to use it with the Face Shop Power Perfection BB cream, which itself is SPF37/PA++, so it seems like I don't have to be redundant and also use this sunscreen with it. I have tried Shiseido, Clarins, La Roshe Posei sunscreens and found none I could honestly say I like how it works with foundation. I liked Chanel sunscreen but after reading that they reformulated it and that there is alcohol in it (seems it's in every sunscreen anyway) I am considering going without sunscreen at all. I always felt it was a bogus industry claim anyway to sell something lacking any real effect.

To Read all 18 Reviews, Login or Join

This sunscreen goes through the disgusting and annoying process of peeling on my face after drying. It leaves my face, neck, clothes, eyebrows and everything all full of white flakes that look like dandruff. And I spend an hour trying to remove the peel; whenever I try to remove it with my hand or a tissue more will peel.
This is a really terrible sunscreen. All Vichy products are terrible.

on 3/31/2016 12:10:00 PM

When it says dry it means dryyyyyyy....
I've been looking for a mattifying face cream with sunscreen forever. The non mattifying ones cause my foundation to melt off and the cheaper mattifying ones (Neutrogena visibly clear pink grapefruit oil free moisturiser) actually do a decent job but don't contain an SPF which I'm adamant about wearing.
So after seeing the great reviews for this product on here I purchased.
The main thing is when it says dry touch it means dry touch, dry like the dessert gasping for a raindrop dry. Very quickly after applying it's disappeared, leaving my combination skin feeling tight. Once I've applied my foundation that’s when it starts to get really uncomfortable. It leaves my skin feeling stretched and looking crispy, dull and so dry. And at 30 years old this is a real concern, because if my forehead isn’t happily nourished, every little (or large) line shows up. Further into the day it’s really gone for my problem areas, so places where I’m housing recovering comedones (chin) and around my nose are now crispy and flakey. The effect is seriously verging on painful!
I really don’t consider myself to have difficult skin, like one that reacts badly to every new thing it tries. It’s your standard combination type. So my reaction to this is really strange, especially when I see all the good reviews.
It has seriously had a detrimental effect on my skin, one that I’m guessing only a heavy duty moisturising facial can fix.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

The best sunscreen ever💟💟💟 never breaks me out .
Has no white cast, not greasy at all, plus I like wearing it under my satin finish foundation bc it mattifies my face.
Ladies with oily skin it's for you!!

Tip: buy the ideal soleil version it has thermal water to it , it moisturizes well, light weight and glides like a dream.this new release is much better than the old capital soliel one which is the opposite.

Have been using this day in, day out for about 5 years now and would not be without it. I'm very pale (don't tan at all) but have quite oily skin and this matifies perfectly without making me look like a ghost. It feels quite thick on application but soaks in well, so that you can actually wear enough to feel you are getting SPF50 protection. Mexoryl sunscreen means it's photo-stable and works all day - and I haven't had a problem with 'bobbling' or breakouts. I had a wobble last year when it became very difficult to find in the UK for a while (had to import it from France!) - but it now seems to have been re-launched as "Ideal Soleil" and it's back in stock. Phew!!

on 6/18/2015 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I'm very hard to please with sunscreen but this is one of the better I've tried for sure.
The texture is classic cream but lightweight. It goes on nicely, can't feel it on my skin, really mattifies without looking flat and doesn't clump under foundation.
The scent is quite noticeable and fairly summery. Hasn't broken me out. Classic tube packaging, readily available and fairly priced.
The only reason for knocking a lippie off is that I absolutely adore cooling gel-cream sunscreens so this inevitably comes second. Still a great product though.

on 4/15/2015 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Ive been struggling to find my Holy Grail sunscreen since I was a teenager. Magazine do repeat multiple times that we need to use sunscreen daily to prevent aging. I do believe the sun is our biggest enemy and I do want to use sunscreen daily. But its so hard to find one that best for your skin type. It is nearly an impossible task. Ive tried so many brands from Korea, Japan and US but they all broke me out after just one use, some of them absorb into the skin so fast because they have a lot of alcohol which will dry out your skin and your skin will react by producing my oil, causes clog pores and break out. My finding finally stopped when I thought of Vichy. What took me so long to try their sunscreen? Their stores are everywhere and easy to buy products, plus Vichy is a well brand name. This is the best sunscreen ever! At first, it quite hard to blend to my skin because it dry fast, now I found a way, I dont rub it in, I flap it into my face. It has a matte finish and control my face shine free for whole day. I dont break out either. Two birds with just one stone. I am very pleased with my purchase and definitely recommend to everyone.

I've been using this sunscreen daily for about six months, and it's definitely the best I've tried! I have quite dry skin and this sunscreen feels moisturizing without being greasy or oily. It dries in seconds and leaves hardly any white cast (though you must be sure to rub it in properly). As others have said, I does have a fragrant smell, which might put some off but I think it's nice. For the price (9 here in France), I'll buy it again every time.

on 12/4/2014 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a very nice sunscreen for oily skin. My skin is very oily but I also sometimes get dry patches and it can get very dehydrated, especially during the winter. This sunscreen although very thick in consistency, dries quite matte and can stick to any area of dryness (not a nice look). Also this has to be blended very quickly and quite hard or it will leave whiteish lines. I first bought this product during the summer and quite liked it, but with colder weather I must say it's just too drying even for my oily skin,

Over all I would recommend this for people with combination/oily/very oily skin who don't have a problem with dehydration or dry patches. Great UVB/UVA protection and if blended good does not leave white marks.