Vichy Capital Soleil SPF 50 mattifying face fluid dry touch

Vichy Capital Soleil SPF 50 mattifying face fluid dry touch
Capital Soleil SPF 50 mattifying face fluid dry touch

Aqua, Homosalate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Ethylhexyl Triazone, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Bis-Ethylhexyloxyphenol Methoxyphenyl Triazine, Drometrizole Trisiloxane, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Aluminium Starch OctenylSuccinate, Octocrylene, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Parfum (Fragrance), Caprylyl Methicone, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Caprylyl Glycol, Cinnamomum Cassia Bark Extract, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Inulin Lauryl Carbamate, PEG-8 Laurate, Phenoxyethanol, Inulin Lauryl Carbamate, PEG-8 Laurate, Phenoxyethanol, Potarium Officinale Root Extract, Stearic Acid, Stearyl Alcohol, Terephthalylidene Dicamphor Sulfonuc Acid, Titanium DIoxide, Toicioherokn tromethamine, Xanthan Gum, Zingiber Officinale Root Extract/Ginger Extract.

on 7/14/2017 11:41:00 AM

This is great to wear on my foundation-free days, it gives the appearance that you are not wearing any sunscreen. I find that all moisturisers tend to make my skin look greasy throughout the day and can make imperfections seem obvious. This really does mattify my complexion whilst giving me the confidence to not wear foundation. The velvety feel once it sets (which it does very quickly) leaves a soft, powdery result thus making my skin appear more soft focus and even toned. It also maintains matt throughout the day so far.

Works well if you have normal, combination to oily skin. The product when used seems like a runny liquid but do not be fooled, it absorbs quickly into the skin. If you use this product over your usual moisturiser - it will lose its matt effect and will start to feel greasy. Best to use after you've just cleansed/toned your skin.

on 11/11/2016 9:06:00 AM

This was my first sunscreen for face so I cant really compare it to others, however I love it and I am not thinking to change it. I use it now for about 8 months and it works for me in hot and as well in colder weather.
It is great foundation under make up, it soaks in super fast, leaving skin soft and matte. It also makes my skin look nice and bright with an even tone, so I can feel comfortable on the days without make up as well.

Some say it is greasy, to me it didn't come greasy at all, unless I'd accidentally put too much of it on my face. I have combination skin with oily T-zone.

Some say it is drying. Well indeed in the first day when I used it, it soaked in my skin immediately and I felt like it didn't moisturize it enough but worse leave me with fine lines even more visible. However I solved that with using good moisturizer under it and together they just make magic. My skin looks perfect, very even, moisturized and not greasy.

My general skincare routine always includes: cleansing + toning + vitamin C serum + (sometimes argan oil) + moisturizer + sunscreen.

on 3/31/2016 12:10:00 PM

When it says dry it means dryyyyyyy....
I've been looking for a mattifying face cream with sunscreen forever. The non mattifying ones cause my foundation to melt off and the cheaper mattifying ones (Neutrogena visibly clear pink grapefruit oil free moisturiser) actually do a decent job but don't contain an SPF which I'm adamant about wearing.
So after seeing the great reviews for this product on here I purchased.
The main thing is when it says dry touch it means dry touch, dry like the dessert gasping for a raindrop dry. Very quickly after applying it's disappeared, leaving my combination skin feeling tight. Once I've applied my foundation that’s when it starts to get really uncomfortable. It leaves my skin feeling stretched and looking crispy, dull and so dry. And at 30 years old this is a real concern, because if my forehead isn’t happily nourished, every little (or large) line shows up. Further into the day it’s really gone for my problem areas, so places where I’m housing recovering comedones (chin) and around my nose are now crispy and flakey. The effect is seriously verging on painful!
I really don’t consider myself to have difficult skin, like one that reacts badly to every new thing it tries. It’s your standard combination type. So my reaction to this is really strange, especially when I see all the good reviews.
It has seriously had a detrimental effect on my skin, one that I’m guessing only a heavy duty moisturising facial can fix.

This sunscreen goes through the disgusting and annoying process of peeling on my face after drying. It leaves my face, neck, clothes, eyebrows and everything all full of white flakes that look like dandruff. And I spend an hour trying to remove the peel; whenever I try to remove it with my hand or a tissue more will peel.
This is a really terrible sunscreen. All Vichy products are terrible.

Oh my gosh what a nice sunscreen. It smells like my ideal perfume, makes me feel clean and fresh especially on days I've just washed my hair, silky to apply and becomes matt and powdery on the skin. I would say though there is still a tiny bitty hint of white cast from the powdery effect but I like that, because it helps to soften and even my face (short term effect) which I now wear alone instead of foundation. When I stroke my face, it feels so soft and velvety. I've found the best way to wear this to make it ideal due to there being lots of contradictory reviews of it being either greasy or too dry.

-This product will remain greasy feeling and not at all mattifying if you apply this after your moisturiser or even from using a toner that leaves a film that may still be slightly sticky to the touch. To fix this problem, wear only this product after you have cleansed your face in the morning. A micellar water such as Simple Micellar water works well to use as a toner, making sure you use a cotton pad to wipe your face. The wet feeling somewhat evaporates too. Or a natural rose water spray. This is when the Vichy lotion performs its best.

-If the product makes you feel too dry by following the above method, then use a hydrating/moisturised cleanser beforehand and keep your skin well moisturised/nourished at night time before bed. Or you could just use a light emulsion that you know is not greasy for some extra hydration after cleansing.

I now like wearing only this product during the day because it makes my skin appear healthy without the shine or sticky feeling. I generally feel like I have to wear lots of foundation but I prefer now just wearing this for the summer.

on 5/15/2016 9:42:00 AM

I needed good sun protection to wear under makeup. Something that would not leave greasy or white film residue. This one isn't working at all. First of, irritates my skin, turns it red. It is also too greasy. I have combination skin, not oily. Both my Cle de Peau and Armani Luminous Silk foundations slide then cake on top of this sunscreen. I have only been able to use it with the Face Shop Power Perfection BB cream, which itself is SPF37/PA++, so it seems like I don't have to be redundant and also use this sunscreen with it. I have tried Shiseido, Clarins, La Roshe Posei sunscreens and found none I could honestly say I like how it works with foundation. I liked Chanel sunscreen but after reading that they reformulated it and that there is alcohol in it (seems it's in every sunscreen anyway) I am considering going without sunscreen at all. I always felt it was a bogus industry claim anyway to sell something lacking any real effect.

on 4/15/2015 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Ive been struggling to find my Holy Grail sunscreen since I was a teenager. Magazine do repeat multiple times that we need to use sunscreen daily to prevent aging. I do believe the sun is our biggest enemy and I do want to use sunscreen daily. But its so hard to find one that best for your skin type. It is nearly an impossible task. Ive tried so many brands from Korea, Japan and US but they all broke me out after just one use, some of them absorb into the skin so fast because they have a lot of alcohol which will dry out your skin and your skin will react by producing my oil, causes clog pores and break out. My finding finally stopped when I thought of Vichy. What took me so long to try their sunscreen? Their stores are everywhere and easy to buy products, plus Vichy is a well brand name. This is the best sunscreen ever! At first, it quite hard to blend to my skin because it dry fast, now I found a way, I dont rub it in, I flap it into my face. It has a matte finish and control my face shine free for whole day. I dont break out either. Two birds with just one stone. I am very pleased with my purchase and definitely recommend to everyone.

Have been using this day in, day out for about 5 years now and would not be without it. I'm very pale (don't tan at all) but have quite oily skin and this matifies perfectly without making me look like a ghost. It feels quite thick on application but soaks in well, so that you can actually wear enough to feel you are getting SPF50 protection. Mexoryl sunscreen means it's photo-stable and works all day - and I haven't had a problem with 'bobbling' or breakouts. I had a wobble last year when it became very difficult to find in the UK for a while (had to import it from France!) - but it now seems to have been re-launched as "Ideal Soleil" and it's back in stock. Phew!!

I've been using this sunscreen daily for about six months, and it's definitely the best I've tried! I have quite dry skin and this sunscreen feels moisturizing without being greasy or oily. It dries in seconds and leaves hardly any white cast (though you must be sure to rub it in properly). As others have said, I does have a fragrant smell, which might put some off but I think it's nice. For the price (9 here in France), I'll buy it again every time.

The best sunscreen ever💟💟💟 never breaks me out .
Has no white cast, not greasy at all, plus I like wearing it under my satin finish foundation bc it makes the foundation lasts longer, it works like a primer.
Ladies with oily skin it's for you!!

Tip: buy the ideal soleil version it has thermal water to it , it moisturizes ,light weight and glides like a dream.this new release is much better than the old capital soliel one which is the opposite.