Derma E Hydrating Cleanser with Hyaluronic Acid

Derma E Hydrating Cleanser with Hyaluronic Acid

3.9

Water (aqua), decyl glucoside, glycerin, xanthan gum, allantoin, panthenol, sodium hyaluronate (hyaluronic acid; actimoist® bio-2), ascorbyl palmitate (C-ester), tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E), retinyl palmitate (vitamin A), organic cymbopogon schoenanthus (lemon grass) extract*, organic chamomila recutita (matricaria) flower extract*, equisetum arvense (horsetail) extract, carica papaya (papaya) fruit extract, gluconolactone, polysorbate 20, polysorbate 60, sodium benzoate, natural and fragrant oils.

on 1/15/2017 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This has been my favorite cleanser for about 2 years now. I have tried so many cleansers in an effort to find one that does not break me out. So far this cleanser is the only one I can use without breaking out. It's not really hydrating like it says, but I don't find it all that drying either. I really love how after you wash it off it really feels like it's gone. There's no annoying film left. The one thing I dislike about this cleanser is the pump. It's not travel friendly because I can't seem to lock the pump.

on 1/12/2017 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I decided to try this cleanser because I've been using Purpose for a few years. Purpose never fully takes my makeup off and I have to use a makeup wipe after, so I decided to try this one instead. It works great to remove all makeup to the point that you can see it melt off into the water.

The smell is really nice and so is the consistency. It is also all natural and cruelty free.

I bought this one specifically since it has hyaluronic acid but my only gripe is that it doesn't seem to be too hydrating. It doesn't dry my skin out but it definitely doesn't hydrate. Still a nice cleanser overall.

on 9/16/2016 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So awful for my very sensitive skin. After one use my skin was on fire...red, irritated..clearly not for me!
beware if u are very sensitive/reactive

on 9/20/2016 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

This was so bad for me I had a freak out the other night because I'm just so sick of trying every product that exists and having it blow up in my face, quite literally. Just a little disclaimer, I have really sensitive skin, so I realize that most people like this, but I feel like I should add what happened to me.

I tried this from a recommendation and was excited/hesitant because I do react quite badly to a lot of things. I also didn't love the smell in the store but I liked that it was affordable. I had been using foaming aloe based cleansers which sometimes would leave me a little tight but I would have a normal amount of breakouts (for me). When I try a new product that's "bad" I know by the out of the ordinary break outs I'll get and fairly quickly too. Either a lot of cysts or a major increase in bumps. Well that's what happened with this. Like usual, I love a product the first few times but then I got like red and rashy in just a few days. My skin was really hot. That kind of reaction is not something that goes away or gets better. I had a very similar reaction to glycolic acid. It wasn't like a poison ivy rash, but enough that it was noticeable and ugly, and very upsetting. I'm not sure if it was an ingredient thing for me, or just that this stripped me too much and caused my skin to freak out. But remember that if a product feels drying, it doesn't reverse. You won't suddenly feel more moisturized with further use, it just gets worse. I have doubts about 'purging' phases, but of this (the drying), I'm sure.

I've already returned this. However, it helped me realize that for my skin I'm moving away from foaming cleansers all together. None are gentle enough for me and my mantle is too messed up. Personally, I think no foaming cleansers are good if you have that issue/dehydrated/sensitve skin. Forget makeup cleaning, that shouldn't be a cleansers job. I'm going to try a completely different method of cleansing (2 step/oil cleansers/creamy cleansers). I know some people have luck with this but I wouldn't comfortably recommend it to anyone.

I usually look for cleansers that are targeted towards specific skin needs, in my case I have a very dry skin and most cleansers tend to dry me out severely.

So when I found this Derma E cleanser, I have instantly decided to give it a go. Good thing about the company is that they don't test on animals and there are no harsh chemicals in their products, which is always an instant bonus in our poor ecology these days.

The cleanser looks and feels like a gel, it does glide on easily and you can really massage it into your skin in order to remove all the impurities. It doesn't foam as much and has a nice floral scent. Once rinsed off - my skin feels so refreshed and not as dry as with other cleansers. I do follow up with creams right away though, but looking at how good it looks after all - I am giving this product a B+!

If you want to read an in-depth review on this and other Derma E products check the blog post review below. Hope it helps!

on 1/8/2017 6:13:00 AM

I have purchased this product numerous times as it removes makeup fantastically without drying out my already dehydrated skin. I also love the pump and the fact that they're cruelty free! My only gripe is they're isn't a lot of hyaluronic acid in it so I will be on the hunt for a new cleanser which is more hydrating.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

I bought this on the strength of other reviews, but it did not work for my combination, sensitive skin at all. It was the opposite of hydrating; my skin was left parched and tight afterwards, and it aggravated my mild rosacea and small patches of SD. I would have returned it, but I purchased it online, and it comes in a bottle with one of those screw-open pump tops which are impossible to close. Very disappointed.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I ran out of my HG Purity cleanser. Needed something so I picked up this gem from Meijer after looking at the reviews here. It's winter and my skin is dry & aging so it seemed like a good fit. This stuff is incredible. Super pampering yet removes light applications of make-up. I Use it over my eyes to remove mascara with no irritation & minimal raccoon eyes when using certain mascaras, tho it completely removes others. When I wear my MAC Face & Body I just wash twice and everything is gone. It's easy to find and not expensive, natural and cruelty free! If your skin needs some extra pampering this is a must have product for sure.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

I absolutely love and highly recommend this product. It is the first cleanser that did not dry out my combination/acne prone skin. It really normalized my skin and keeps me well hydrated all year and especially during the dry winter season. I purchased a few other cleansers from this brand but this one by far my favorite. It has a clear, gel like consistency but it does not offer much lather. Also, this product has a great ingredient list, unlike so many of the offerings on drugstore shelves. I feel you get a lot of product for the price and you only need to use a nickel size amount. I don't wear makeup often but when I do it has done a good job getting my face clean. I am also finished with my first bottle and I will be purchasing a replacement.

Currently oily/combo/dehydrated with mild acne recently rearing it's ugly head. Although I don't always agree with Paula Begoun, I liked her description of this face wash and decided to try it out. I really like it - texture, smell, the way it leaves the skin soft and supple. It also gives me a slight tingle which makes me feel it's doing my skin good. The only thing I'm not so keen on is the fragrance which, although not really unpleasant, irritates me slightly. I don't normally go for foaming cleansers as I've had bad experiences with them in the past - tightness, dryness etc. but this one, along with the Derma E Vitamin A and Glycolic face wash, buck the trend. I'd like to keep this cleanser on standby for when my skin just needs a gentle cleanse and I don't fancy lugging my lovely but enormous Cerave cleanser around with me. And it lathers well with my Clarisonic. Not sure it's HG but I'm done looking for cleansers for my troublesome skin - I like to have a small range of cleansers and scrubs to choose from - and this one will also do for when my skin is back to normal (normal for me, at least!). UPDATE: I couldn't be without this now; it leaves my skin so clean and soft when I use it as stage 2 of a double cleanse. A definite re-purchase.