Perricone Vitamin C Ester 15

Filtered by hair type : Straight
No Image

on 4/22/2013 1:49:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love this vitamin c serum. I've only tried a few other vitamin c serums but I always felt that they oxidize before you're able to use them all up. This product has a thick dry texture and smells like citrus. I really like this product. The only cons are the price and that when you first open the little tubes a lot of the product is orange.

on 10/28/2012 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I rarely give 5 lippies anymore but this one deserves it.
Since I am used to AHA so I don't feel any stinging from this product, as with products of this sort, it does dry out the skin. I usually waited 20-30 minutes before I pressed a heavier moisturizer on my dry skin, except for the T-zone.
I am a side sleeper so the pillow gets some of its beauty benefits.
It comes in a package of 4 tubes, and before I finished the first tube, I do noticed a significant brightening and the sun spots looks somewhat lighter. It recommends using one tube every 2 weeks but I find it's good for more than 3 weeks.
After using products of this sort, they tend to have a ceiling effect, so I planned to finish 1 tube and take a break for about a week before starting to the 2nd one.
Yes, I will re-purchase.

UPDATE: I am updating this a year later, today is Nov 8, 2013. I have been using this product for a little over a year, I am on my 9th tube. I have stopped going for laser at my Derm. since last Christmas. My melisma has lighten significantly. As long as Perricone keep this formula, I will keep buying.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a great product. This is not a moisturizer. It is a treatment. How I use it is I cleanse with the Hypoallergenic cleanser. Then, I use the Intensive Pore Minimizer as a toner. When my skin is slightly damp, I like to apply this product because it spreads better. Then, I either apply a treatment on top or a moisturizer from Perricone's line.

What I like about it is that the product is white. My first squirt from the tube had a tinge of yellow to it, showing that the Vitamin C was probably oxidizing (or whatever it is called when it breaks down). My acne scars are greatly reduced, and the age spots or sun spots or whatever that are there -- they are lighter on my skin becuase I have light to medium skin are a little bit reduced. This product is great for tone, and combined with the Pore products, really helps with tightness on my skin as it is getting a little slack.

So far, I think this is my favorite product because of my skin tone. I have tried a lot of products that help with acne over the years, and many of them are expensive/high end. The ones that work better are clinical types of products or medical aesthetics lines, but there have been issues with each line. Jan Marini's products do clear up acne, but my skin gets dry after awhile, and I hate the new packaging where product is wasted. Her prices are too high as well for the oz. you get. Cosmedix has a couple of decent products, but I don't like the overall line as a system because some of the products are not good (in my humble opinion). Kate Somerville has some great products, but I probably just didn't have the overall right products picked for my skin because the acne scars did clear up, my skin was hydrated and refreshed looking and tighter, but I had persistent acne that wouldn't quite clear up. That tells me something isn't exactly right about what I'm using. So, I haven't ruled that line out, but I decided to try something different with Perricone.

I think that this product is a stand out for me. I'm hoping that it will help with the slackness/lack of tone I'm starting to see with my skin these days.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is a highly concentrated Vitamin C product that has had a tremendous brightening effect on my skin and also done a nice job lightening freckles and sun spots. Despite the fact that it contains a palm oil to stabilize the Vitamin C product, it does not go on oily, which is important to me as I have very oily skin to start with. It tends to go on dry, so I would recommend applying to skin that has been cleansed and allowed to air dry and allowed to sit and "rest" for 10-20 minutes after washing and toning. Apply the product in small sections, rubbing the product into your skin in circular motions. I would recommend this to anyone with aging, dull skin.