Perricone Vitamin C Ester 15

4.3

on 11/16/2017 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have sensitive acne prone dry/combo skin with hyperpigmentation and leftover reddish acne marks. This did brighten my skin very slightly after two wks use but the texture was hard to spread and dried my skin out terribly so I will be returning this to Sephora. I also got a breakout on my chin. If you’re oily skin this would be a great vitamin c option other skin types especially sensitive or dry use caution. I prefer the Dr. Gross collagen vitamin C serum and algenist genius C serum over this. They spread easier and also have other beneficial ingredients along the vitamin c and haven’t broken me out or dried me out. If they Re-formulated the texture of this product which didn’t cause so much dryness I’d Re consider purchasing.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Like another reviewer mentioned, you need to give the Perricone products some time. I use this and the AG Eyelid Serum. It sounds silly, but just a few days ago I was applying the eyelid serum (I use I on my lids AND my undereye area) and I realized that the skin under my eyes has truly changed - for the better.

But this review is for the Vitamin C Ester 15 and it too has evened my skintone considerably. I have huge areas of melasma and this has really made a significant difference in he appearance of my skin, it is so even toned and firmer. I am super oily, so the drying out aspect is a bonus for me (and it will dry out your skin).

I decided to splurge on this and the eyelid serum to see if my two main problem areas could be helped. I am as surprised as can be that the answer was yes, they can! Will save my pennies to repurchase this.

on 10/28/2012 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I rarely give 5 lippies anymore but this one deserves it.
Since I am used to AHA so I don't feel any stinging from this product, as with products of this sort, it does dry out the skin. I usually waited 20-30 minutes before I pressed a heavier moisturizer on my dry skin, except for the T-zone.
I am a side sleeper so the pillow gets some of its beauty benefits.
It comes in a package of 4 tubes, and before I finished the first tube, I do noticed a significant brightening and the sun spots looks somewhat lighter. It recommends using one tube every 2 weeks but I find it's good for more than 3 weeks.
After using products of this sort, they tend to have a ceiling effect, so I planned to finish 1 tube and take a break for about a week before starting to the 2nd one.
Yes, I will re-purchase.

UPDATE: I am updating this a year later, today is Nov 8, 2013. I have been using this product for a little over a year, I am on my 9th tube. I have stopped going for laser at my Derm. since last Christmas. My melisma has lighten significantly. As long as Perricone keep this formula, I will keep buying.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a great product. This is not a moisturizer. It is a treatment. How I use it is I cleanse with the Hypoallergenic cleanser. Then, I use the Intensive Pore Minimizer as a toner. When my skin is slightly damp, I like to apply this product because it spreads better. Then, I either apply a treatment on top or a moisturizer from Perricone's line.

What I like about it is that the product is white. My first squirt from the tube had a tinge of yellow to it, showing that the Vitamin C was probably oxidizing (or whatever it is called when it breaks down). My acne scars are greatly reduced, and the age spots or sun spots or whatever that are there -- they are lighter on my skin becuase I have light to medium skin are a little bit reduced. This product is great for tone, and combined with the Pore products, really helps with tightness on my skin as it is getting a little slack.

So far, I think this is my favorite product because of my skin tone. I have tried a lot of products that help with acne over the years, and many of them are expensive/high end. The ones that work better are clinical types of products or medical aesthetics lines, but there have been issues with each line. Jan Marini's products do clear up acne, but my skin gets dry after awhile, and I hate the new packaging where product is wasted. Her prices are too high as well for the oz. you get. Cosmedix has a couple of decent products, but I don't like the overall line as a system because some of the products are not good (in my humble opinion). Kate Somerville has some great products, but I probably just didn't have the overall right products picked for my skin because the acne scars did clear up, my skin was hydrated and refreshed looking and tighter, but I had persistent acne that wouldn't quite clear up. That tells me something isn't exactly right about what I'm using. So, I haven't ruled that line out, but I decided to try something different with Perricone.

I think that this product is a stand out for me. I'm hoping that it will help with the slackness/lack of tone I'm starting to see with my skin these days.