Perricone Vitamin C Ester 15

3.9

on 11/16/2017 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have sensitive acne prone dry/combo skin with hyperpigmentation and leftover reddish acne marks. This did brighten my skin very slightly after two wks use but the texture was hard to spread and dried my skin out terribly so I will be returning this to Sephora. I also got a breakout on my chin. If you’re oily skin this would be a great vitamin c option other skin types especially sensitive or dry use caution. I prefer the Dr. Gross collagen vitamin C serum and algenist genius C serum over this. They spread easier and also have other beneficial ingredients along the vitamin c and haven’t broken me out or dried me out. If they Re-formulated the texture of this product which didn’t cause so much dryness I’d Re consider purchasing.

I give 3 lip stick to this product.It is a love and hate relationship..I do not know why but I have been using this ptds more than 2years and it make my skin feel smooth and fade acne scar but sometime it cause my skin to have break out.After completing 1 tube,i will let my skin rest before starting off a new tube again.I realize if I do it continueously,i will have redness and small bumps.It is a great treatment for people who want smoother and brighter skin but beware it might not be compatible for all so do a patch test first.I am not sure whether i will continue to purchase this products,price tag
sgd 198.

on 4/22/2013 1:49:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love this vitamin c serum. I've only tried a few other vitamin c serums but I always felt that they oxidize before you're able to use them all up. This product has a thick dry texture and smells like citrus. I really like this product. The only cons are the price and that when you first open the little tubes a lot of the product is orange.

on 10/20/2013 2:30:00 AM

one of the worst product ever tried. i am not sure of its whiting effects because it broke me out the next day (big pimples). all i can say is that it has good packaging (tube ones)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Like another reviewer mentioned, you need to give the Perricone products some time. I use this and the AG Eyelid Serum. It sounds silly, but just a few days ago I was applying the eyelid serum (I use I on my lids AND my undereye area) and I realized that the skin under my eyes has truly changed - for the better.

But this review is for the Vitamin C Ester 15 and it too has evened my skintone considerably. I have huge areas of melasma and this has really made a significant difference in he appearance of my skin, it is so even toned and firmer. I am super oily, so the drying out aspect is a bonus for me (and it will dry out your skin).

I decided to splurge on this and the eyelid serum to see if my two main problem areas could be helped. I am as surprised as can be that the answer was yes, they can! Will save my pennies to repurchase this.

on 6/20/2013 9:46:00 AM

As others have mentioned, this is a dry serum with a dry finish. It exacerbated the dryness in my skin, causing flakes around my mouth. I wish it had worked for me because it has a great concentration of C and a really nice texture. If you have combo/oily skin, it's worth a try. Dry skin be careful! Even though I moisturize liberally, I couldn't make it work for me.

on 1/12/2013 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I've been using Vitamin C products of some sort or another for at least 8 years, if not longer. I used to use Skinceuticals and then IsClinicals Vitamin C serum. Both are excellent in themselves, but this one is on another level altogether. It not only helps with brightening and evening out skin tone like the others did, and it does it better too, it has a visible firming effect. Do not expect this to moisturise-you will need an additional product for that. I also use Cold Plasma, but am thinking that this works so well that I may give the Cold Plasma a break. It is absorbed very rapidly. My only gripe with the packaging is that I'm sure a little is left behind in the tube each time, and every bit counts with such an expensive product. Since this is supposed to be a stable form of Vitamin C, I don't know why it can't be in one tube instead of 4. He also states that he uses 'environmentally friendly' sources of palm oil, but I am still wondering if orangutan habitats have been destroyed to create this product-he needs to spell it out a bit better. I just wish it was half the price!

on 10/28/2012 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I rarely give 5 lippies anymore but this one deserves it.
Since I am used to AHA so I don't feel any stinging from this product, as with products of this sort, it does dry out the skin. I usually waited 20-30 minutes before I pressed a heavier moisturizer on my dry skin, except for the T-zone.
I am a side sleeper so the pillow gets some of its beauty benefits.
It comes in a package of 4 tubes, and before I finished the first tube, I do noticed a significant brightening and the sun spots looks somewhat lighter. It recommends using one tube every 2 weeks but I find it's good for more than 3 weeks.
After using products of this sort, they tend to have a ceiling effect, so I planned to finish 1 tube and take a break for about a week before starting to the 2nd one.
Yes, I will re-purchase.

UPDATE: I am updating this a year later, today is Nov 8, 2013. I have been using this product for a little over a year, I am on my 9th tube. I have stopped going for laser at my Derm. since last Christmas. My melisma has lighten significantly. As long as Perricone keep this formula, I will keep buying.

on 1/27/2013 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Perricone Ester-C does work quite well. My skin is brighter and the dark spots and sun damage on my face have faded a little.

It goes on my face thickly and takes a bit of time to sink in and then tightens my face - sort of like a mask.

The reason I gave it three stars. Usually in the morning, my face is so tight and I have to layer on moisturizer to ease the tightness - sometimes this even happens before I go to bed. I have to layer on something thick like face oil.

It good and if I don't find anything better I will go back to it. I will be disappointed however if I don't find something else.

on 3/26/2013 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

So far so good!!!! I've been getting a lot of compliments on my skin since starting this product!