Perricone Vitamin C Ester 15

No Image

on 11/16/2017 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have sensitive acne prone dry/combo skin with hyperpigmentation and leftover reddish acne marks. This did brighten my skin very slightly after two wks use but the texture was hard to spread and dried my skin out terribly so I will be returning this to Sephora. I also got a breakout on my chin. If you’re oily skin this would be a great vitamin c option other skin types especially sensitive or dry use caution. I prefer the Dr. Gross collagen vitamin C serum and algenist genius C serum over this. They spread easier and also have other beneficial ingredients along the vitamin c and haven’t broken me out or dried me out. If they Re-formulated the texture of this product which didn’t cause so much dryness I’d Re consider purchasing.

on 1/27/2013 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Perricone Ester-C does work quite well. My skin is brighter and the dark spots and sun damage on my face have faded a little.

It goes on my face thickly and takes a bit of time to sink in and then tightens my face - sort of like a mask.

The reason I gave it three stars. Usually in the morning, my face is so tight and I have to layer on moisturizer to ease the tightness - sometimes this even happens before I go to bed. I have to layer on something thick like face oil.

It good and if I don't find anything better I will go back to it. I will be disappointed however if I don't find something else.

on 1/12/2013 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I've been using Vitamin C products of some sort or another for at least 8 years, if not longer. I used to use Skinceuticals and then IsClinicals Vitamin C serum. Both are excellent in themselves, but this one is on another level altogether. It not only helps with brightening and evening out skin tone like the others did, and it does it better too, it has a visible firming effect. Do not expect this to moisturise-you will need an additional product for that. I also use Cold Plasma, but am thinking that this works so well that I may give the Cold Plasma a break. It is absorbed very rapidly. My only gripe with the packaging is that I'm sure a little is left behind in the tube each time, and every bit counts with such an expensive product. Since this is supposed to be a stable form of Vitamin C, I don't know why it can't be in one tube instead of 4. He also states that he uses 'environmentally friendly' sources of palm oil, but I am still wondering if orangutan habitats have been destroyed to create this product-he needs to spell it out a bit better. I just wish it was half the price!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a great product. This is not a moisturizer. It is a treatment. How I use it is I cleanse with the Hypoallergenic cleanser. Then, I use the Intensive Pore Minimizer as a toner. When my skin is slightly damp, I like to apply this product because it spreads better. Then, I either apply a treatment on top or a moisturizer from Perricone's line.

What I like about it is that the product is white. My first squirt from the tube had a tinge of yellow to it, showing that the Vitamin C was probably oxidizing (or whatever it is called when it breaks down). My acne scars are greatly reduced, and the age spots or sun spots or whatever that are there -- they are lighter on my skin becuase I have light to medium skin are a little bit reduced. This product is great for tone, and combined with the Pore products, really helps with tightness on my skin as it is getting a little slack.

So far, I think this is my favorite product because of my skin tone. I have tried a lot of products that help with acne over the years, and many of them are expensive/high end. The ones that work better are clinical types of products or medical aesthetics lines, but there have been issues with each line. Jan Marini's products do clear up acne, but my skin gets dry after awhile, and I hate the new packaging where product is wasted. Her prices are too high as well for the oz. you get. Cosmedix has a couple of decent products, but I don't like the overall line as a system because some of the products are not good (in my humble opinion). Kate Somerville has some great products, but I probably just didn't have the overall right products picked for my skin because the acne scars did clear up, my skin was hydrated and refreshed looking and tighter, but I had persistent acne that wouldn't quite clear up. That tells me something isn't exactly right about what I'm using. So, I haven't ruled that line out, but I decided to try something different with Perricone.

I think that this product is a stand out for me. I'm hoping that it will help with the slackness/lack of tone I'm starting to see with my skin these days.

on 7/29/2012 10:47:00 AM

I had been searching for a vitamin c product that my temperamental skin could tolerate. I had tried others, only to break out in red rashes or pimples. The Perricone Vitamin C Ester 15 contains ester c. I learned that there is a difference between vitamin C and vitamin C Ester. Vitamin c ester is fat soluble, non irritating and does not cause inflammation that other forms of vitamin c potentially could. There is information about this on the perricone site and you can google "vitamin c ester" to read up on it. Having super sensitive skin, that reacts negatively to many products, I figured this was worth a try. I'm happy to report success! The Vitamin C Ester 15 is so smartly packaged (4 tubes per box) and application is so easy. I used the "dot" method and applied moisturizer over it. After a month of consistant nighttime use I noticed my skins texture was improved (less bumpy), redness was gone and I had an overall brightness (less dull). I also noticed that my daily morning skin care products seemed to absorb into my skin better. One box lasted me two months.