Lancôme Effacernes Waterproof Protective Undereye Concealer

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Lancôme Effacernes Waterproof Protective Undereye Concealer
Effacernes Waterproof Protective Undereye Concealer

3.7

Aqua / Water / Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Sorbitan Isostearate, Propylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Ozokerite, Hexylene Glycol, Maltodextrin, Mel / Honey / Miel, Magnesium Sulfate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Acrylates Copolymer, Methylparaben, Silica, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Disodium EDTA Urea, Chamomilla Recutita Extract / Matricaria Flower Extract, Glycosaminoglycans, Sodium Hyaluronate, Centaurea Cyanus Extract / Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract. May Contain: CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, Mica.

on 3/14/2017 11:16:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

PROS

- hydrating
- blends easily

CONS

- coverage very light
- not buildable

COMMENTS: This doesn't provide enough coverage at all, nor is it buildable. I like the creamy consistency; very easy to blend. I just don't think it's worth the money considering it doesn't make much of a difference when on.

Will not repurchase.

on 1/23/2017 8:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

ok its not cheap- but this is ultimate concealer! hides dark circles, stays put and feels light. Def a yes from me!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have dark circles and often times my under eyes are dry, I have tried countless concealors and this one is the BEST one! It has great coverage ( I apply it with a beauty blender) and its moisturizing. Highly recommend it!

on 5/14/2016 7:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

In short this is the best concealer I have tried.. Absolutely worth a try. I've never used anything quite like it. It looks like skin, like healthy beautiful skin, doesn't transfer onto everything, doesn't sink into skin and make you look 100 years old. . plus is so easy to work with.

Now the long version plus some background info to give you an idea about my skin/concerns/preferences and shade matches below:

*My skin - Combination, dehydration-prone. Oily t-zone. Sensitive mainly to fragrance ingredients.essential oils and sunscreen filters. Warm golden yellow and olive undertones. Slight redness around the nose.

*Current Shade Matches include MAC NC42, Becca in Bamboo, MUFE Ultra HD in #153 = Y405 - Golden Honey or Duo Mat in #209, L'Oreal True Match Lumi Cushion in 5.5, Maybelline Fit Me in #240, NARS in Barcelona, Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Flawless Fluide in Chai, UD Naked Skin powder in Medium Warm/Foundation in #6. I prefer soft, natural make-up for daytime without SPF and work in a fast-paced environment (healthcare) so it must last with minimal or no touch-ups for 8-10 hours at least.

*Concealers I've tried and LIKE: NYX HD Photogenic Concealer, Maybelline Fit Me (seriously lacking in good shades though), NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer, MAC Conceal and Correct Duo, Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage, Burberry Cashmere Concealer
*Tried and HATE: MUFE Full Cover (thick, unnatural, feels like gum on my face, totally visible in daylight) and MAC Studio Finish in the pot (wayyy too thick, drying), CG TruBlend Concealer Crayon (stinks like really old pencil lead,waxy, creases, blends like expired paint, awful shades), BeneFit Boi-ing (just meh. . .creases too much)

Review: Overall product/formula 5/5, Packaging 5/5 (easy to travel with, not messy) Price 3/5 (good value, not insanely over-priced)

Using - Bronze IV (though this shade no longer available I think or maybe the name has changed?, will check Lancome counter and update if I find out)

Coverage/Finish - Coverage is medium not heavy. Very light silky slippery texture, feels and blends like a lightweight foundation - not waxy or thick at all. Love the formula, I prefer natural make-up and this is so easy to work with and looks great in photos and in real life. Smooth and easy to apply with just about anything: brush, fingers, damp sponge. I prefer a damp sponge misted with a bit of glycerin/rosewater. Buildable but don't expect heavy duty coverage from this. Suitable for most imperfections/brightening around eyes. I use this mainly under my eyes and sometimes around my nose where I have some redness which this covers well while looking natural. Sets to a semi-matte/natural matte finish on my skin. I usually set with MAC's MSFN or Marcelle's Translucent powder. Some days I skip powder altogether and it's fine though doesn't last as long. I would recommend setting with some type of powder for best results. I also love that it DOES NOT emphasize the skins texture but rather smooths it out and is basically like a skin colour "veil" - so it's not like every bump or tiny pore is magnified.

Wear/Longevity - Wear is superb. Very comfortable, doesn't dry nor irritate my sensitive skin. Doesn't cause those horrible dehydration lines I get from many cakey concealers. I don't notice any separation even towards the end of the day - it does fade slightly but very evenly. I usually apply make-up in the morning and wash it off with an oil-cleanser (Kose's Softymo) after work or in the evenings. On average this lasts about 7-8 or so hours before fading slightly. I don't experience any creasing/cracking or sinking into pores etc. It does fade more quickly in humidity or extreme heat/sun - then again so does any make-up.

Cons?- None really. . but colour range desperately needs to be expanded, at the store there were like two or three darker shades out of 13 total? Most options are in the fair-medium light range. . .hello lancome its 2016 not 1940.. .if they can make a decent shade range for foundation why not this concealer?

Packaging: Squeeze tube, great for travel or tossing in your bag. I prefer tubes like this because it is more hygienic than doe foot applicators or brush tips/click pens, also less waste.

Repurchase/Recommend?- yes. Would recommend this to anyone who wants to cover minor imperfections such as redness, dark circles, or just to brighten up the eye area.

on 5/1/2016 2:56:00 PM

Please please please do not waste your money on this! I made this mistake after reading good reviews and was looking for a better concealer than the one I've been using for few years now (Estee Lauder Double Wear). First of all, it just doesn't sit well on the skin. It's kind of powdery and it just does not look good under the eyes, especially if you have some fine lines (I'm 31). It doesn't melt into the skin, the texture is just wrong, very unnatural finish. The coverage is pretty poor. I've got pretty bad dark circles and even after a second coat some darkness still shows. Second of all, it creases like crazy after like 2 hrs wear, and that's provided you haven't smiled or squinted a lotl! And that takes us to longevity- creases and fades quickly, even when set with powder, which I really didn't want to do as it only added to an already dry and wrinkly look I got with this overpriced piece of sh**... The only positive is the amount of product you get for your money, but if the product is cr*p then that doesn't really matter!

on 10/16/2015 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I was excited to try this after reading all of the reviews here in mua. I purchased this concealer at Shopper's here in Canada and it cost me about 40 dollars with tax, which is the same price as the MUFE concealer I was eyeing up. I'll be honest, I'm underwhelmed. I've been using it for a while and it just doesn't perform any better than any of the other concealer a I've used, and I've tried applying this multiple ways to see if I was just applying it wrong. I've tried fingers, brush, sponge, and it always seems too sheer and has an almost ashen pigment to it that makes me appear tired. I have the shade porcelain so maybe it's just the color. I do like that it's hydrating, however, as I have dry eyes and they sting when I apply anything over them (this stings too, but not as bad as others). I feel as though it's an average under eye concealer and will not be repurchasing.

on 7/19/2015 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I am a fan of this under eye concealer, I have tried several drugstore concealers and nothing compare's to the Lancme Effacernes Waterproof concealer. I have very dark under eye circle's. I love how sheer the formula is and how light it feels on the skin, I normally use a cream concealer from a pot, but love this concealer in the summer months. A tiny amount goes a long way. It is definitely worth the investment! It's a keeper in my house!