Lancôme Effacernes Waterproof Protective Undereye Concealer

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Lancôme Effacernes Waterproof Protective Undereye Concealer
Effacernes Waterproof Protective Undereye Concealer

4.7

Aqua / Water / Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Sorbitan Isostearate, Propylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Ozokerite, Hexylene Glycol, Maltodextrin, Mel / Honey / Miel, Magnesium Sulfate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Acrylates Copolymer, Methylparaben, Silica, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Disodium EDTA Urea, Chamomilla Recutita Extract / Matricaria Flower Extract, Glycosaminoglycans, Sodium Hyaluronate, Centaurea Cyanus Extract / Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract. May Contain: CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, Mica.

on 10/22/2017 11:13:00 AM

This is a long lasting concealer best applied with a brush specifically made to apply concealer. It dries quickly as most concealers do so brush it in as soon as you put a speck of it onto your moisturized skin! I bought this to carry in small purse for emergency situation = shadows under my eyes! This was in short supply at better dept. stores the last time I bought it .

on 4/24/2017 7:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I initially bought this for concealing darkness on the undereye area but discovered it works really well for concealing hyperpigmentation as well.

I'm 42 and have fair, very sensitive skin and in the past few years - a whole lot of hyperpigmentation. Upper lip is the worst (and the most embarrassing) but I have it on the tops of my cheeks and between my eyebrows too.

So this has been a nice discovery. I have tried many products. Various heavy-duty foundations (dermablend, dermacol, double-wear maximum cover...) and a ton of concealers (a few from the double-wear line, laura mercier's secret camouflage, makeup forever's heaviest coverage - can't remember the name...mac prolongwear...and so on) I've tried mineral powders too (which cover quite well actually but don't last on the skin).

Some covered well, some lasted well on the skin, some did both, but all of them looked unnatural and noticeable (cakey).

This product is very smoothing and it doesn't accentuate the fine lines on my upper lip area. It does need to be set but the overall effect it far better than what I had been acheiving previously. Sometimes I use it on it's own and sometimes I add a thin layer of Makeup Atelier's waterproof liquid foundation, which is another winner for me and matches my skin perfectly (in the shade flw2b).

Which brings me to the shade range. Not great. I use 02 beige sable, but it is a tad too pink and too dark for me. The lightest shade was too light and the wrong color for concealing darkness and brown patches. Somehow, even though it's too pink and too dark it works very well on the upper lip area and the undereye area but anywhere else it's just wrong. So I add the Makeup Atelier to correct the shade when needed. Doing this makes it a little more cakey though.

I just hope it can make it thru the humid summer months without melting down... if it does I think my search is over.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a really nice concealer for those who are looking for crease free long lasting result. I always had creasing issues and older I get more crease my eyes have.

Pros:
- stays all day long, no need for touch ups
- waterproof but easily goes away with makeup remover
- doesn't crease (huge plus for that!)
- has medium buildable to high coverage
- doesn't irritate my extremely sensitive eyes

Cons:
- it's a bit thick, I can see it being applied (I love melting into skin products)
- it's very matte, shade mismatch will be very noticeable
- require knowledgeable application, sets quickly, can get patchy if you try to blend it
- since it doesn't like to be blended it's good for the eyes only
- very notable on pictures, gives grey cast

Before I saw how do I look like on pictures I thought I'll buy it again, but no, I won't. I think it's better to have more dewy finish around the eyes rather than plain matte.

on 10/24/2016 8:01:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This stuff is fantastic! I've had it almost 2 years, can't think why I'd not reviewed it before, and yes I've already repurchased it and will continue to any time I need to buy something at GWP time. This and the Dual Finish Powder Foundation are my absolute top favourite, keep buying it till they discontinue them products at the Lancome counter.

It is moisturizing, creamy and covers everything. I use it as a concealer but it doubles as the best primer ever. I've had it with those silicone filled primers that dry your eyelids out and do nothing special. This is smooth, easy to apply without stretching delicate eye area skin, and it covers veins, redness, dark circles, age spots, freckles etc.

It doesn't crease. I use a little pressed powder to set it, but then it's good to go all day till I take it off at night, and so is any eye shadows I use on top. Sometimes I just set it with my pressed powder for a wide awake neutral eye (nice with a little liner and mascara when lips are the focus)!

I use it to speed me on my merry way in the morning putting on makeup for the day, I just blast it all over the eye area and under the eyes, around any red nose bits, other red spots or age spots and then if I'm applying foundation (Estee Lauder Double Wear Cushion Stick or Lancome Dual Finish powder foundation) that goes on top. Sometimes all you need is a dusting of pressed powder like Lucidity which is another favourite look for me.

It's a once and done product. Set it and forget it, it will last all day no problems. And it makes eyeshadows perform all day too. No fading, no creasing, last all day.

For what it's worth, I'm NW20 in Mac speak, and I wear it in Clair II.

I travel a LOT and frequently like to just do carry on only. This tiny tube goes right into my 311 TSA liquid allowance bag no problem, and doesn't take up too much precious space in there.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I don't wear foundation because I hate the feeling of it all over my face. It's one of those really intrusive sensations that ruins the rest of the experience, like wearing a mouthguard in hockey. Instead, I aim to keep my bare skin looking as good as possible, along with judicious use of concealer. Undereye circles are my only consistent problem, and this concealer is true to its name. It really covers up dark shadows, doesn't crease, and stays on forever. Also importantly, it comes in pale shades (I use Porcelaine 1).

I've been searching for my hg concealer. I was about to fork over $60 on a different concealer so I'm so glad I found this gem. First, there are plenty of colors I almost couldn't choose! (It was between light bisque and the color the sales person chose for me which was porcelain, I got the bisque). Anyway, it looks fantastic, like you're not wearing anything! It blends perfectly over foundation too. I did have a good cry because of the book I was reading and it held up! I noticed someone below claimed only 4 colors, that's not the case anymore! Will repurchase!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have terrible genetic dark circles exacerbated by my bad sleeping habits, and have tried many, many concealers over the years. Besides lack of performance, it's difficult to find a good shade match (I'm super pale but warm-toned). This concealer is amazing. A pinhead's worth gently patted on and blended with my ring fingertip covers all but the darkest, most prominent veins, and even then only a slight shadow shows through. It looks very natural, not at all heavy or cake-y. As long as I don't use too much, it doesn't crease. Porcelaine #110 is a perfect match for my skin. It also covers redness well, and in general really creates a smoother, more even look. I use it over L'Oreal Revitalift Miracle Blur eye cream, and it goes on perfectly. I look *so* much more awake with this on, even if I don't feel it! I never thought I'd find a concealer I like more than Shiseido The Makeup, but Effacernes Waterproof blows it out of the water! The only thing I don't like is that it's hard to dispense the really tiny, tiny amount I actually need - no matter how carefully I squeeze, I usually end up with excess. As sanitary as the needle-tip squeeze tube is, the product might actually be easier to work with in wand form.