Clinique High Impact Extreme Volume

Clinique High Impact Extreme Volume

3.1

on 3/22/2016 11:11:00 AM

I am in the minority here but, I think this mascara is a good one. My lashes are pretty long but, they need definition and thickness. This mascara adds definition, curl and thickness. I find it to be very similar to the original HIgh Impact but, this one has a round tip that allows you to get in the corners of your eyes. I do not find it to be very lengthening. So if you are needing lengthening, you won't like this. For me, this adds volume and thickness. Please note: basic black will not be dark enough. You have to ask for the very, extreme black! The sales clerk didn't tell me there were two options in the black category. So, I would up changing the color. But, I am happy with the extreme black. As far as smudging-- yes, it smudges. I have discovered that all mascaras smudge to some degree but, this one is better than other Clinique mascaras. I will repurchase. For 19.00 it's a keeper. The tube is awkward because it's so large and cumbersome but, I have learned to use it. It would be better if it was thinner with the same point on the end but, I will repurchase. Overall, this is one of Clinique's better ones.

on 2/29/2016 6:22:00 PM

This mascara was terrible from the start. It was gloopy on the brush, so I had to wipe it off before applying. Once you wipe it off, the dramatic look is gone. What a waste of money, only used it twice before tossing.

To Read all 54 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/13/2016 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Really dislike this product, I don't like the formula, the wand nor the packaging. I'm Specially annoyed as on 2 occasions it has ruined my makeup by smudging and I was in a hurry. There are much much better drugstore options.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This mascara was not worth the cost. It was clumpy and sticky and made my lashes look spiky. It dried out in the tube pretty quickly. It was also very difficult to remove. I would not purchase it again.

on 12/14/2015 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm a drug store mascara user but now and then I go in for a dept. store brand. This one is rather good - very black and shiny. It gives great volume but no clumps and it is easy to bring a comb through it to separate lashes. One big benefit is that it doesn't have that dried out look that most mascaras have which is so aging.

UPDATE: reduced the rating because with a second coat this looks spikey.

This mascara sucks. The tube is pretty, but that's really the only good thing about it. The wand is HUGE, and it holds so much mascara on it that it makes my eyelashes look goopy and clumpy. It works ok after wiping off the excess mascara on a tissue, but that seems like such a waste for how much this product costs. I always reach for my other mascaras over this one, and I'm debating just throwing it out.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I don't even know where to begin. This wand was clearly designed by someone who has never had to use it. It's straight across with no curve to the silicone bristles, and it's soo skinny. As a consequence, if you try to use it like a regular mascara wand, you will poke yourself in the eye. This means I have to apply mascara to my lashes in 2 or 3 sections, which is OBNOXIOUS. For all this trouble, the wand doesn't even work any better than the fatter curved kind. The formula itself is a misnomer because it added ZERO volume to my lashes. It did help lengthen them a bit, but that's not what the product claims to be. You're better off buying any drugstore mascara-- most of them are better than this product.

I got this as a gift, and it is just the worst mascara ever. Another reviewer said it's like applying mascara with a stick- that is true. It goes on in GLOBS and it doesn't even comb through and distribute nicely. I can only make this work by combing it through with a different mascara head, or wiping an excessive amount of product off the brush before applying. You have to wipe off EACH side individually, going ALL THE WAY around the brush, to get off the extra product. You know that little plastic ring inside most mascara tubes that closely surrounds the stem, so that when you pull the wand out the excess mascara doesn't come with it? You know how sometimes if the tube is faulty or gets screwed up and that ring comes out with the lid, you get a gloppy mess of product on the wand? It's like that. It's like this mascara doesn't even have a ring to blot off the extra product.

It's just way too difficult to work with. Just awful. I would never buy this for myself. I hated the original High Impact, and this is certainly no improvement.

on 3/4/2015 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

My favourite Clinique mascara High Definition mascara was discontinued, which made me sad, so I decided to see what the next best thing was. Two things I don't compromise on are foundations and mascaras. I've used the Maybelline, I've used Rimmel, but I feel a good quality mascara that won't clump your eyelashes is well worth the investment, so I will stay with Clinique. This mascara has a thick brush with tiny even bristles which acts more like a brush than most. The formula allows the brush to glide well over your lashes and the tightly packed bristles can catch any stray ones that don't want to be tamed. Same mascarary smell, like most. Attractive mirrored casing, very chic. Great for dramatic makeup looks.

on 2/9/2015 3:26:00 PM

$19.50 USD. One of the worst mascaras ever. I'm still searching for the HG mascara and this was definitely the worst of the high- and low-end mascaras combined during my search. The brush - I think they tried to copy the CG Lash Blast line - is so blunt and thick that it doesn't separate or add volume - it's literally like putting on mascara with a thick stick. You might as well smear the product on with a qtip and still get better results. On top of that, the formula is runny, smears, and weighs down your lashes. WORST ever!