Clinique High Impact Extreme Volume

Clinique High Impact Extreme Volume

3.2

on 3/1/2017 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Bad mascara. Exactly the same as others have said - the mascara is all clumped and gloopy on the wand so it goes on unevenly and makes it look as if I have thick spider legs instead of lashes. It doesn't lengthen or separate at all. Overall, a very unflattering look.I was trying to save money by not getting my usual nice Estee Lauder one, but guess what's going in the bin? What a waste of money!

on 12/15/2016 6:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Cons
Expensive
Dries out too quickly
Pros
Gives the ultimate false lash effect

on 8/17/2016 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is my HG mascara. I get comments on my lashes every time I use this. It doesn't flake or smudge & both lengthens & thickens. The up front cost may seem pricey but it lasts 3 times longer than the drug store alternatives so cheaper in the long run. Be warned, it us a very wet mascara which I personally prefer, but if you like a dry mascara you won't like this.

on 3/22/2016 11:11:00 AM

I am in the minority here but, I think this mascara is a good one. My lashes are pretty long but, they need definition and thickness. This mascara adds definition, curl and thickness. I find it to be very similar to the original HIgh Impact but, this one has a round tip that allows you to get in the corners of your eyes. I do not find it to be very lengthening. So if you are needing lengthening, you won't like this. For me, this adds volume and thickness. Please note: basic black will not be dark enough. You have to ask for the very, extreme black! The sales clerk didn't tell me there were two options in the black category. So, I would up changing the color. But, I am happy with the extreme black. As far as smudging-- yes, it smudges. I have discovered that all mascaras smudge to some degree but, this one is better than other Clinique mascaras. I will repurchase. For 19.00 it's a keeper. The tube is awkward because it's so large and cumbersome but, I have learned to use it. It would be better if it was thinner with the same point on the end but, I will repurchase. Overall, this is one of Clinique's better ones.

on 2/29/2016 6:22:00 PM

This mascara was terrible from the start. It was gloopy on the brush, so I had to wipe it off before applying. Once you wipe it off, the dramatic look is gone. What a waste of money, only used it twice before tossing.

on 2/13/2016 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Really dislike this product, I don't like the formula, the wand nor the packaging. I'm Specially annoyed as on 2 occasions it has ruined my makeup by smudging and I was in a hurry. There are much much better drugstore options.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This mascara was not worth the cost. It was clumpy and sticky and made my lashes look spiky. It dried out in the tube pretty quickly. It was also very difficult to remove. I would not purchase it again.

on 12/14/2015 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm a drug store mascara user but now and then I go in for a dept. store brand. This one is rather good - very black and shiny. It gives great volume but no clumps and it is easy to bring a comb through it to separate lashes. One big benefit is that it doesn't have that dried out look that most mascaras have which is so aging.

UPDATE: reduced the rating because with a second coat this looks spikey.

This mascara sucks. The tube is pretty, but that's really the only good thing about it. The wand is HUGE, and it holds so much mascara on it that it makes my eyelashes look goopy and clumpy. It works ok after wiping off the excess mascara on a tissue, but that seems like such a waste for how much this product costs. I always reach for my other mascaras over this one, and I'm debating just throwing it out.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I don't even know where to begin. This wand was clearly designed by someone who has never had to use it. It's straight across with no curve to the silicone bristles, and it's soo skinny. As a consequence, if you try to use it like a regular mascara wand, you will poke yourself in the eye. This means I have to apply mascara to my lashes in 2 or 3 sections, which is OBNOXIOUS. For all this trouble, the wand doesn't even work any better than the fatter curved kind. The formula itself is a misnomer because it added ZERO volume to my lashes. It did help lengthen them a bit, but that's not what the product claims to be. You're better off buying any drugstore mascara-- most of them are better than this product.