Revlon Colorstay - Coastal Surf

Revlon Colorstay - Coastal Surf

on 9/29/2017 7:25:00 PM

Revlon polishes are growing on me, other brands get all the hype and blog posts, but Revlon are a steady performer putting out a lot of great polishes at affordable prices.

This is a great bright blue cream, i love the colour, its bright, its cheery, its fun, its a summer weekend on your nails.

The formula was great, it was two thin coats to opaque for me, but it wasn't streaky on the first coat, and its glossy. The brush is nice and short and wide, making it very easy to apply and get a lovely finish. If you see this around, or any other polishes from this line around, pick them up, they are great.

on 7/18/2013 1:34:00 PM

I loved the color of this polish, perfect for summer. However that was all there was to love for me, because it chipped after 2 days. I used Orly Bonder and Won't Chip, and the Revlon website said to use their brand base and topcoat, so maybe that was the problem?

on 11/24/2012 4:20:00 PM

Beautiful color.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This polish is great quality, affordable, and slim packaging. I like how smooth it goes on with pigmentation and dries rather quickly. Plus, it takes many days for it to fade or chip. This color is a bright pastel baby blue that reminds me of the ocean. Great for day or night looks.

on 9/20/2012 4:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is a bright sky blue with a very nice shine, no top coat needed. As previously said i find it a bit boring myself, so i tend to top it off with some kind of glitter. I like the formula and it truly is, a one-coat polish. I love it. When i bought it there weren't many colors left(it was on sale) so didn't see all the colors available....next time i will definitely stock up, this color isn't my favorite. I think these are far superior than the old school revlon which are a nightmare to work with(i've tried various). I also like the brush, i found it very easy to work with and minimal clean up required.

on 8/13/2012 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I really like this nailpolish. It dries much, much faster than the typical nailpolish. The consistency is great, too. Not too thin or thick. I find it easy to apply. On the label it says it lasts for eleven days when used with a base and top coat. So for the first time I used it, I tried it without either to see what it would do. Without a base or a top coat, this polish lasted six days, which to me is very impressive. Then I took it off and painted with the extra coatings and I'm going on nine days (I used a Sally Hansen Double Duty base/topcoat). I only had to touch up my thumbs because I work at a drugstore and on shipment days some of the products come in lots of little cardboard boxes and opening them chips my polish. However, the touch up was minimal; it's not like half of my nail chipped off. The color also holds up very well. It hasn't gotten dull. It's still shiny like I just painted them. I'm definitely picking up more colors next time it goes on sale. Lasts long, dries fast, color stays bright, great sale price. Everything I could want in a nailpolish!

on 7/27/2012 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

PIcked this up at CVS yesterday for 99 cents after my CVS coupons/Extra Bucks. I have to say that so far I'm very impressed. This is a pretty sky blue creme which is hardly original, but it's pretty, and is a dupe of Zoya's Yummy colorwise. The formula was a little thick, but it's a one-coater (the label says to use two coats though). I LOVE one-coaters. It also dried quicker than average. If this actually lasts for 11 days, I'll bump it up to five lippies, but I'm not holding my breath.

By the way, this is a dupe of L'oreal's Ocean Breeze, colorwise. Revlon's formula is far superior. It takes three coats of OB to equal one coat of CS.

Popular Polishes