Jane Iredale Glow Time BB Cream

Filtered by skin tone : Olive

4.2

Not tested on animals

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I'm 53 with a true olive undertone (Japanese mix) and very hard to match. My skin was very oily but has become more "normal" with age. I have some redness showing up on my cheeks from broken capillaries/dark circles under my eye and I needed more coverage than the Pressed powder (Jane Iredale, golden glow) could offer. LOVED the powder but needed more coverage. I would say that this might not be a good match for someone with oily skin, it's very moisturizing. Probably would slide off and gather in places. Normal to dry skin would be a better fit. I detect no odor at all. It has great coverage and does oxidizes very natural, unlike a mask. Gives a kind of dewy look on the skin. Applying can be troublesome since it's very thick and hard to spread with brush or hands. I suggest applying very soon after putting on your moisturizer to help spread out evenly. But once it has some time, it melts into your skin very nicely and looks natural. So far my skin seems to like it and I have no breakouts.

What I like: Yellow shades (Oxides into a true yellow and not peach color), Stuff does not move, stays on all day with or without a setting powder, smooth FULL coverage, gives a nice natural finish, not matte but not too shiny.

What I don't like: Really thick and dry, hard to smooth out with brush or fingers, kind of hard to remove but that's what you pay for long lasting foundation.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Okay do love this product and being a beauty therapist, product junky and counter manager myself I do believe this is a really lovely addition to any girls make up bag who is looking for nice natural products that don't harm the skin or cause break outs. And if used correctly could take the place of many foundations. However! I would highly recommend adding this product to a lighter version of a BB cream as it is so thick and full that it can look cakey if applied incorrectly and can be difficult to work with.
I currently use this product in the number 7 added with my kiehl's BB cream in the medium colour I think it is (I have previously done a review on this product if you want the full name for it). I add the tiniest bit of my glow time to a glob of my kiehl's as that's all you need. Because my glow time is the wrong colour for me when tanned it works well with my kiehl's to make it darker then I use my number 7 on it's own to correct my under eye area as it is stark enough on it's own I think to be used as a concealer!
Pros-
Skin loving ingredients
Not too oily for the product type (I do set this with a setting powder)
It lasts forever as you only need the smallest amount! (I have had mine for a 1.5 years and still going ! )
The coverage !!
The packaging (lovely big tube!! With lots of product)
Cons-
Price (although you do get a lot of product and it lasts for ages so can't really complain)
It can be hard to work with if used purely on it's own.
The coverage can be a bit heavy (if used in correctly)

Over all would 100% by this again!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this at the Nordstrom Spa in downtown Seattle and they walked me through various ways of applying either for full coverage (apply without blending with any lotion) or light coverage. For a matte, polished look I use the face powder by the same brand. My skin is nether oily or dry from it's use and it hasn't caused any breakouts. For application I use the pink beauty blender sponge.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

So upset this broke me out and has major silicones plus it makes my skin mask like and oily.

I previously reviewed this product and I still believe it is the best bb cream I have used. The lasting power is fantastic and coverage is great. I only use a pea size for my face so although it is pricey, it lasts a long time. I tried many ways to apply this and found the best way is to buff this in with a brush. I used the Real Techniques expert face brush which is perfect. I used to suffer from severe acne and this has really helped! I use bb7 and I am a mac nc35.