Jane Iredale Glow Time BB Cream

Filtered by eye Color : Green

3.1

Not tested on animals

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Originally I didn't like this product. I started out using BB3 which looked really heavy, settled in my lines, and just didn't look right. Turns out half the problem was that the color wasn't right. I contacted JI customer service and they sent me a generous sample of BB5. Now, I think these run light, as I wear Bisque in the Amazing Base, which should be MUCH lighter than BB5 according to their descriptions. But BB5 looks good. A good color match is a must. And then there is application. I feel like I was applying way too much, at first. After talking with their customer service and reading lots of reviews, I now use a few small dabs and blend with my fingers or a sponge and it looks really great. Very, very smooth and perfect.
After all the initial bumps in the road, this is now one of my favorite foundations. The coverage is great, I love the color, the SPF is perfect for daily intermittent sun exposure. It's not too glowy or too matte. And I think the tube will last forever with how little I actually need to use. I don't find this terribly thick or hard to blend. My skin is pretty dry but so far it doesn't dry it out any more or anything (this was a problem with JI Dream Tint tinted moisturizer. NOT moisturizing on me by a long shot!). In the winter, I think I can mix the BB3 that I have with the BB5 and it will work nicely (and use up the "too light" color). It is pricey, but really well worth it.
Edited to add: this BB is more than enough coverage for me on its own, but on days when I know I'm going to be needing to look extra polished, or working really late, I use a dusting of Amazing Base mineral powder over this. Looks absolutely perfect all day long that way.

I find it too dry, too thick & too heavy a consistency. It sat on my skin & was hard to blend it in. I have liked all the Jane Iredale foundations I've tried so far. Especially Amazing Base & pure pressed foundation. Just couldn't get a glow from using this & unfortunately have ended up putting it in the bin.

This product is so excellent. I love the feeling of BB creams in general but a lot of them are too close to being the same as a tinted moisturizer, however this product was a pleasant surprise. It applies so easily with your fingers, perfectly blended in seconds. I've found with BB creams such as the products from Maybelline and Rimmel they often apply quite patchy. This product is full coverage but is by no means the same as a full coverage foundation, it doesn't apply heavily and is barely felt on the skin. I find that after a few minutes it sinks properly into the skin and features like freckles are still visible so it leaves a very natural finish. The finish is dewy as suggested by the name of the product but doesn't leave a sticky feeling on the face, and lasts all day. With most other BB creams I've noticed that if i touch my face at all throughout the day the product is gone by the end. This product minimizes pores, is water resistant, is completely vegan, and cruelty free. This is on the pricier side however I haven't found a BB cream up to the same standard at the drugstore, so I'm perfectly willing to repurchase.

Good coverage but too expensive.

Terrible. Broke me out so badly! The colour range is also limited... Chucking it.

Honestly, I don't *want* to like this BB cream. It's really expensive, and I hate the idea of loving such a pricey product. But it's just so damn good. I am VERY obsessed with high coverage products and I want a perfect, even complexion to work off of, and inexplicably, this *BB cream* offers that with a minimal amount of product. Like, I can get very decent coverage with a pea-sized amount, probably less.

I started off with the Garnier BB cream, which was...underwhelming and made my eyes burn (LPT: read the freakin' packaging). Then, out of curiosity, I picked this up (it's my mother's). It made a world of difference. It covered like a foundation, blurred out my pores, matched BOTH our skintones (she tans, I don't), and is just overall...awesome.

I'm now venturing into Korean BB creams after trying this. I had a bad experience with one, and to be honest, I'm worried that this product has set the bar impossibly high. Will I find a quality BB cream that's just as good as the Jane Iredale Glow Time (or even better)? Who knows. But for now, this is a HG BB cream...even though it's hideously expensive.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

It is one of those products that can go opposite ways depending on skin type, but more so, on application. In other words, applied wrongly, it can turn out a disaster. I've since learned that it works best with a foundation brush. And equally important, get to know how much product is required on your skin. In my case, not a lot. Too much, and I look like I am off to a Halloween party.

I like that it provides a full coverage (and it really does this), and it does give off a glow-ish finish, which perks my normally tired looking skin. And finally, it lasts ALL day. The shade range, as many have found, is a bit biased towars the lighter side. I would say even, the VERY light side. I wear the BB05 shade, because the next shade available in Europe was a bit too dark. I am olive, with a beige-yellowish tone (a lot more beige than yellow though), and the BB05 is simply too light and yellow-y. I finish it with powder and bronzers to correct the colour, which is a bit tiresome, and thus un-does the way in which BB creams are supposed to make skin care and makeup routines easier, I think it is not so much the consistency of the product, but the shade itself that makes it look 'chalky' on the face, as some people have found. I really wish they'd do something about that.

Would I repurchase? My answer is really a 'maybe'. It is quite hard to get hold of JI products in Europe. I often buy mine from feelunique (though I also purchase from US sites - which would include a hefty shioping charge), but I find they never have the full range of JI products, often not the full range of shades available. The other thing is, this BB cream is way tooo expensive, It costs euros 51!!! That's way more expensive than full bottles of my other favourites: Dior and YSL. A good product that could potentially get better with better shade offerings, bu for these reasons, repurchasing is a big 'maybe' for me.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Really like this with a fine dusting of the loose powder on top. I have red cheeks and little red blood vessels under my eyes. I am 41, and am always balancing that knife edge of under eye concealment and too much under eye concealment. (if you are over 40, you know ) I find this to be one of those product lines that eases those woes. I am porcelain with ruddiness. ( NW European) Darkest auburn/brunette and green eyes Skin is dry and flaky around nose not oily, and the rest is normal. I use an OIL moisturizer. Usually a single oil not a blend mixed with other ingredients. OR Ecco Bella has an herbal oil in a round jar that is also a good moisture backdrop. I put this on with my fingers one section at a time. I find that the BB3 is great with the light beige powder on top. (tap and swirl the powder brush so as to not look cakey) This lasts all day long. In winter I am BB1 and Ivory powder. I have to say that if you have any patchiness the BB1 is going to cling to it more than the BB3. I just make sure to use the washcloth in the shower and use the moisture first, and it is not a problem. I have been using this for a month now, and have had no issues with my skin. I use mychelle creamy pumpkin cleanser, and it comes off with ease. I can not wear foundations with alcohol, because of the sensitive sides of nose. This does not end up causing any sensitivity. It is also CRUELTY FREE! I am going back for more of this and the loose powder. I have heard good things about their circle delete. I am #2.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This caused me to breakout - huge cystic pimples on my chin which only started to disappear once I worked out this bb cream was the culprit. I also found it had poor coverage and was drying. I like jane iredale but this is a no for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm an Iredale fan, but not because of this BB Cream. I use their PureBase pressed powder in Satin and it's the Best pressed powder I've used (and I compare with Bare Minerals and Cover Fx).

First off, ''Glow Time'' is not a BB Cream. It's a full-fledged FULL coverage foundation. It will cover everything, which is a plus, but with major drawbacks. The poor choice of color, combined with opaqueness and poor blendability, restricts the number of potential contented users. If, by chance, you are a perfect match for one of their 6 shades, then perhaps you will like it. But you have to be experienced in applying makeup, because it dries quickly and needs to be spread out with a foundation brush.

But even then, you will need to have no pores and no dry skin. As most of us gals have either oily skin (thus pores) or dry skin (thus dry patches), or both, this further restricts the possibility of this foundation suiting you.

As I bought a color that was wrong for me, and have both pores and dry patches, this was a terrible choice for me and I regret very much that I bought it from a spa that is loath to take returns. Still, I appreciate the absence of skin irritants (it does have silicones, which are not irritants per se, but I read on this forum that some find them bothersome). I also appreciate the SPF. For that reason alone, I give it two lippies.

CAUTION : You will need a heavy-duty cleanser to get rid of this. It does indeed work as advertised as water-resistant. If that's what you need, then you may have found your HG, but for daily ''normal'' use, that's another problem with this product because even though it might not be irritant to sensitive skin by itself, the arduous process of taking it off might very well irritate your skin. It made mine more red than it had been in a few weeks. I used minence's clear skin cleanser as usual, and it was still ALL there. No kidding! Then I SCRUBBED with a handtowel with more minence cleanser, and painstakingly it started to come off. I never scrub my skin and I don't use makeup-up remover either, usually for lack of a need for it. THEN, as there was STILL much visible ''BB cream'', I made myself a kaolin white clay mask. Absorbent properties of clay would surely do away with the rest of the cream, I thought. I waited 10 minutes, took off the mask, then indeed looked makeup-free (and it was a relief as the ''BB cream'' had given my skin horrible fake texture!).

The next morning, I gently washed my face with minence Stone Crop gel wash to remove nighttime oil/sweat. Then I sat in front of my mirror. That's when, thanks to full daylight, I saw there was STILL a spot on my face where the darn BB Cream stuck!!! I had to massage the area with pure argan oil to have it come off and I could see the yellow/orange very clearly on the tissue I used.

If you cleanse with oil, then this might not be a huge problem, as the argan oil seemed to be able to take it off my skin. Still, I'm miffed the spa assistant did not mention this. Anyhow, for those who have found this product to cause breakouts, I believe it's because it might not come off fully at night, not because any of its ingredients are bad or comedogenic.

Bottom line : do try it out in a store, but apply it on your full face to see how it appears on your skin texture and how easily it comes off at night. I would not recommend buying this before trying to wash it off at least once.