Jane Iredale Glow Time BB Cream

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel

3.6

Not tested on animals

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I'm 53 with a true olive undertone (Japanese mix) and very hard to match. My skin was very oily but has become more "normal" with age. I have some redness showing up on my cheeks from broken capillaries/dark circles under my eye and I needed more coverage than the Pressed powder (Jane Iredale, golden glow) could offer. LOVED the powder but needed more coverage. I would say that this might not be a good match for someone with oily skin, it's very moisturizing. Probably would slide off and gather in places. Normal to dry skin would be a better fit. I detect no odor at all. It has great coverage and does oxidizes very natural, unlike a mask. Gives a kind of dewy look on the skin. Applying can be troublesome since it's very thick and hard to spread with brush or hands. I suggest applying very soon after putting on your moisturizer to help spread out evenly. But once it has some time, it melts into your skin very nicely and looks natural. So far my skin seems to like it and I have no breakouts.

What I like: Yellow shades (Oxides into a true yellow and not peach color), Stuff does not move, stays on all day with or without a setting powder, smooth FULL coverage, gives a nice natural finish, not matte but not too shiny.

What I don't like: Really thick and dry, hard to smooth out with brush or fingers, kind of hard to remove but that's what you pay for long lasting foundation.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I was excited to try the BB Cream, thinking it must be fantastic for the price I payed. I was so disappointed. It was so thick and settled into every little wrinkle. My husband told me I looked like I should be in a casket for viewing!! Really it did remind me of that. I'll stick with my Loreal or Rimmel.

Love! It is everything I want to cover up my comodones, and more! It is thick but it does not bother me, a light florally smell...and no need to feel like it is bothering your skin because, it is very gentle and healthy as it contains vitamins and minerals.

First of all, the one bad thing first: it is a bit pricey. BUT ... the amount you need to use is so small that it seems to lasts forever. And because the opening is small, there is less chance for contamination making it less likely to be a bacterial haven so it can last longer. (I had mine for 2 years before I had to get another one - I use it Monday thru Friday and weekends if I go out.)

Be prepared that if you use as much as you would use a typical liquid foundation you will be disgusted because it is thick. My application consists of mixing a tiny amount of the BB cream with a vitamin C serum/cream that I use as a moisturizer and it goes on beautifully and evenly. If I don't mix it, it goes on really thick like a sunscreen.

Up until a few years ago, I really struggled with my skin and would try every product (cleansers, makeup, topical, anything made for acne prone skin) which got extremely pricey and discouraging since nothing was working. Almost three years ago, my mom turned me onto a specific cleansing line and at the same time I came across JI products and, although the occasional breakouts still surface, have seen such an improvement.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

The palest shade is very, very pale! Paler than all bobbi brown foundations, and mac ( duh) it's looks like mac fb c1 and white in a 1:2 ratio

It's pretty full coverage but not cakey or matte. I like the finish and coverage a lot! It transfers a lot, but I've never found a foundation that isn't grossly matte and doesn't transfer a lot so I don't care much. It def needs a touch up in the afternoon.

I love it though, almost HG for me.. almost!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Awful. Not sure if this, or that gawd-awful Nerium product, was the culprit behind my worst breakout in years. Regardless...this product sits in pores, making them look even bigger. It accentuates dry, flaky spots. It is difficult to spread, although it is easier to do so immediately after applying moisturizer. Awful.

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I desperately wanted to love this (at least like it enough to use it!) as, although it contains some nasties (all higher SPF BB creams & sunscreens are dependent on titanium dioxide & other oxides in order to block UV rays), it has far less in the way of the plethora of other truly nasty additives than other BB creams.

The only virtues of the Glow Time range is that there is a reasonable selection of shades in order to find the best match for your skin tone. I started out getting 05 as 03 was too light for me, but the 05 has so much yellow in it that I was shocked when I was blotting my face in full daylight the first day I wore it, so I foolishly bought the 03 to mix with it. Well, I did end up with a shade that looks fairly natural (although still weirder than any other BB creams I've tried) but, consequently, now have 2 tubes of expensive BB cream I don't want to touch again.

WHY I HATE IT: This 'stuff' leaves my face looking like a lunar landscape, even with wads of primer & a good dusting with my favourite setting powder. It rides into my fine lines & pores throughout the course of the day and sets there... and the blotting! By mid-way through the day I'm having to blot every hour just to keep the grease around my nose, chin & forehead from trickling down. I've gone through a packet of ELF blotting paper over the course of a couple of weeks of experimenting with mixing half a pea-sized amount with different moisturisers, using different primers, no primers, etc. in the hopes of making it work for me.

WHO IT MAY WORK FOR: Bearing in mind that I'm 54, I'd prefer to bypass foundations & use powder to even out my complexion nowadays as, unless they're extremely sheer, I don't think we older lasses can carry off foundation during the day without it calling attention to every crepey area of the face & our ever-growing pores. It would possibly work on younger skin and I have to note that, once dusted over with a setting powder to eliminate the glittery effect, it doesn't have that strange vinyl mask finish other BB creams do.

As for me, however, I still stand firm on disliking it. Aside from not appreciating the coarse appearance this products gives my skin, I can't stand being so aware of my face due to the pooling oil slicks all day.

The two lippies are for the sunscreen factor. I'm sticking with my Gowoonsesang (Dr. G), thank you very much.

I received this BB cream as a sample when I purchased some lipstick from Nordstrom. The first time I put it on, I didn't read the instructions and used way, way, way too much. It was awful. It looked like I had a mask on. I was about to toss it, when I saw on the instructions that the sample should last for at least 3 applications. I tried it again the next day, using just a pea size amount and applying it just like the video on Jane Iredale's website shows and it was absolutely amazing. I am hooked. I have redness on my face and this hides EVERYTHING. I don't need any concealer at all. And if you apply it right, using just the tiniest amount, you will get the perfect coverage without it looking like you're wearing a lot of makeup. The sample I received has lasted me for 5 or 6 applications and I still have some left. Every time I wear this, I receive compliments on my appearance. Not to mention, it is waterproof, so I can put it on when I know I'm going to the pool that day. I love, love, love this BB cream. It does tend to make me a little shiny, so I don't use moisturizer when I wear it and that way it gives me the most perfect dewy finish. It is a bit pricey, but I imagine with how little product that you have to use, that it will last for a year. I am definitely buying this when my sample runs out.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am basing this review on the samples I received from the Jane Iredale website-received them really quickly too. I got BB1, BB3 and BB5. BB1 is extremely light more on the neutral side, BB3 is slightly cool, BB5 is darker and much more yellow shade. I found the perfect color putting a drop of the BB5 in with a little of the BB1 and mixing. Perfect light warm color. I tried it out yesterday for the first time. It went on great and I set it with powder. Only tried around my chin/mouth area only to see if it would break me out. I thought it would be good but by the end of the day it started to separate and didn't look good. Looked a little chalky in that area. Glad I only got a sample.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I received a sample with my latest order of Jane Iredale mineral base. I'm glad they sent it because now I know it's not for me. I prefer a very matte look to my makeup and this made me very shiny. I looked in the mirror at work around 11:00 and talk about a shine-fest! Did not work for me.