Jane Iredale Glow Time BB Cream

Filtered by eye Color : Black

3.5

Not tested on animals

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

i have caucasian skin that i suppose is olive with a warm undertone. In the winter I still look darker even though I am pale. Impossible to find shade that works for me. Why are Caucasian skin darker foundations damn orangey or damn chalky ? Becca Olive foundation while great coverage is so so chalky on Olive skin at least mine. Tooo light in color. I have been usng shade 9 BB cream for years and will never change. I have dry skin so the moisturizing cream texture makes application supereasy. No streaking and with primer Glow time stays presentable for eight hours. I have really dark circles and some discoloration and Glowtime covers them with a concealer under eyes after application. The shade itself is unique It looks darker in tube for some but on my face its perfect even in winter. No discoloration from neck I absolutely love this foundation it feels moisturizing on my skin and does not separate nor show pores. I do not need setting powder but I have started to use some just under eye area and around nose for winter paleness. Please if your skin tone sounds like mine dont let the shade itself make you run. The undertone leaves no orange and no gray its not warm its not red its kind of neutral but leaves a nice warm tone to skin. The overall effect is totally natural and not a matte finish. The finish is kind of dewy which is awesome.

I am giving up on this. It pains me because I wanted it to work out so bad. But this breaks me out the typical deep cystic lesions especially on my chin and the sides of my nose-bridge. I kept hearing about Jane Iredale being friendly for the skin. Theese products are hard to come by locally where I am, so I had to look and went for a trial. It looked good so I decided to just buy one.

I don't like wearing makeup because of the (well-founded fear) it breaks me out. So I only wear it on special occasions.
Initially the coverage is quite good (moderate) it blends well. But after a a few hours, it looks cakey, although it still helps mask the redness on my skin. But I broke out so badly, been giving it excuses eg I wore in while on holiday (hence the dry atmosphere was bad for my skin) But the past week, I it's the last straw really. I wore it for 2 separate occasions (a few hours), about 1 week apart. I was trying it without the powder and it broke me out.

Now I'll try the pressed powder (coverage not as good, it's more sheer) and see if that breaks me out too.

anyway, still hunting for something suitable for me :(