Jane Iredale Glow Time BB Cream

Filtered by skin tone : Medium

3.8

Not tested on animals

I recently switched all of my makeup over to Jane Iredale per my esthetician's recommendation and I am so happy I did. I purchased the Smooth Affair primer, Glow Time BB cream in BB7 as well as the pure pressed powder. I have oily dry combo skin with yellow undertones.

There are a number of ways to use this BB cream. You can use your fingers, a brush, a beauty blender sponge, or mixed in with your primer. I use this product with my foundation brush but plan on getting a beauty blender. When mixed in with the primer you get a more sheer result and when applied with hands or brush you get more coverage. You only need a very small amount of this product. And I mean small. Think "BB" size. This amount covers my entire face. If I use more, I look cakey and just too much. This is considered a full coverage foundation and it does a wonderful job at covering any redness, skin pigmentation or blemishes.

The finish of this product is very dewy so keep that in mind if you like a more matte finish. Since I have oily skin this *can* accentuate my shine, but since I use such a small amount, it doesn't get too out of control.

I get compliments often on my skin since switching over to Jane Iredale. Since I have acne prone skin, I get so nervous trying new products. When I started using this line (Smooth Affair + Glow Time + Pure Press) I noticed an almost instant difference in my skin. I felt like it could breath. At first I did think the Smooth Affair and Glow Time were causing me to break out, but now my skin is clear and so incredibly soft. It looks and feels so much healthier than before. It does take some patience like with anything else, so give it at least a month to notice results.

This product is so excellent. I love the feeling of BB creams in general but a lot of them are too close to being the same as a tinted moisturizer, however this product was a pleasant surprise. It applies so easily with your fingers, perfectly blended in seconds. I've found with BB creams such as the products from Maybelline and Rimmel they often apply quite patchy. This product is full coverage but is by no means the same as a full coverage foundation, it doesn't apply heavily and is barely felt on the skin. I find that after a few minutes it sinks properly into the skin and features like freckles are still visible so it leaves a very natural finish. The finish is dewy as suggested by the name of the product but doesn't leave a sticky feeling on the face, and lasts all day. With most other BB creams I've noticed that if i touch my face at all throughout the day the product is gone by the end. This product minimizes pores, is water resistant, is completely vegan, and cruelty free. This is on the pricier side however I haven't found a BB cream up to the same standard at the drugstore, so I'm perfectly willing to repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this while visiting a spa, still in a haze of bliss and determined to be treating my skin to the "healthier" options. I was looking for something with more of a glow than my regular double wear that I could use every day but still had a bit of coverage.

When I saw the glowtime I thought great. It has spf, coverage and would give me a glow. All good. The assistant recommended BB6 for me. I also ended up buying the amazing base as a setting powder. Not sure this was the best advice from the assistant as I've since discovered this is a foundation all of its own. But I just used a light dusting to set the BB.

The first thing that struck me was the thickness of the product. A pea sized amount was recommended. So i dotted it on my skin and duly blended using my real techniques expert face brush. I have quite a bit of hyperpigmentation so I found that a pea sized amount well blended is not enough. I had to go back over the worst areas and stipple over these areas.

The colour of this is quite yellow which is great for minimising redness. You have to be careful to blend very well. It does give a lovely glow to the skin and I must say I looked younger and fresher with this.

However after a little while (about an hour) I found that this started to feel very oily on my t-zone area. I found I needed to blot very regularly in order to keep shine at bay and to stop the foundation seperating. By the end of the day it had disappeared form my t-zone but remained everywhere else. Not ideal really.

This may work for me if i used the jane iredale primer and the matt finishing powders but to be honest I was not impressed enough to part with more cash in the hope of making this product work. I think there are plenty more products that can do what this product offers at a more affordable price.

I have a bugbear about these companies like bare minerals and jane iredale in that you cannot just seem to use one product from their lines. If you but one you seem to have to buy a whole range of products to make it work. I had a bad experience of this with bare minerals too a few years ago. Spent an absolute fortune and ended up with a load of products I just couldnt use.

While I'm on a roll another bugbear about these products - they are designed and advertised to be great for acne and rosacea skin types. I went to the jane iredale site for application tips. Not one demo of covering acne or rosacea to be found. Just models with. flawless skin. Not a great inspiration for those with problem skin to invest i think.

All in all I think EUR 104 was enough to part with for what is after all a mediocre product in my opinion.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

It is one of those products that can go opposite ways depending on skin type, but more so, on application. In other words, applied wrongly, it can turn out a disaster. I've since learned that it works best with a foundation brush. And equally important, get to know how much product is required on your skin. In my case, not a lot. Too much, and I look like I am off to a Halloween party.

I like that it provides a full coverage (and it really does this), and it does give off a glow-ish finish, which perks my normally tired looking skin. And finally, it lasts ALL day. The shade range, as many have found, is a bit biased towars the lighter side. I would say even, the VERY light side. I wear the BB05 shade, because the next shade available in Europe was a bit too dark. I am olive, with a beige-yellowish tone (a lot more beige than yellow though), and the BB05 is simply too light and yellow-y. I finish it with powder and bronzers to correct the colour, which is a bit tiresome, and thus un-does the way in which BB creams are supposed to make skin care and makeup routines easier, I think it is not so much the consistency of the product, but the shade itself that makes it look 'chalky' on the face, as some people have found. I really wish they'd do something about that.

Would I repurchase? My answer is really a 'maybe'. It is quite hard to get hold of JI products in Europe. I often buy mine from feelunique (though I also purchase from US sites - which would include a hefty shioping charge), but I find they never have the full range of JI products, often not the full range of shades available. The other thing is, this BB cream is way tooo expensive, It costs euros 51!!! That's way more expensive than full bottles of my other favourites: Dior and YSL. A good product that could potentially get better with better shade offerings, bu for these reasons, repurchasing is a big 'maybe' for me.

This is the perfect product combined as a foundation, concealer and SPF. 3 products in 1 justifies the price point and the packaging is brilliant bc it allows you to squeeze every ounce out. The amount of product u get is spectacular and u need very little. However the product dries quickly and is heavy so I suggest spritzing some toner on ur brush or sponge b4 applying so it provides "slip " for easier and lighter application. The BEST concealer EVER. I have Melasma so I've struggled finding the best product to minimizing the pigmentation. Highly recommended!!!!!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have oily skin, acne-prone, medium with golden undertone and quite sensitive to certain foundations and creams. I've tried a lot of BB creams in the past but nothing covers quite like the Jane Iredale BB Cream. It feels almost like a cream foundation or maybe even a concealer. It covers red spots and scars quite well. You only really need a little bit otherwise it will look cakey. Then, I set it with Jane Iredale Pressed Powder and spray it with the Jane Iredale antioxidant spray. It gives my face a glowy look that lasts from 8 am to 1 pm then my face becomes too oily and I'd have to use a blotting paper to take out all the excess oil. Especially if you are in the office for 8-9 hours where the AC is on full blast (the air is so dry that your skin thinks it needs to produce more oil to compensate for the outside factors). So, even though I like how it covers and the fact that it doesn't make me break out, I am stuck with a problem regarding the length of wear I can use this for. I'm going to finish the bottle but I'm going to start looking for alternatives I can use for everyday office use. And then, also find one to use for weddings and special events that require long lasting wear through winter or summer humidity.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Great coverage, but my face starts shining after an hour!! Even when I am just applying a very thin layer. I feel like this BB cream is too much of a foundation. Even though it should not clog my pores, I fell like my skin becomes more blemish prone when I use this product. I stopped using it, and my skin cleared after just 2 days of just using a mineral powder. I then tried the BB cream again, to give it another go, but was left disapointed yet again. I get this reaction both when I use it by itself or with a layer of powder on top.
My face does have a tendency to shine, but this product definitely stimulates the oil production further.
I cannot recommend this product for people with blemish prone and/or oily skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

This is my go-to foundation in the winter months. BB7 is a great match for my half-asian skin with yellow undertones. I'll repeat what other reviewers have already said -- a little goes a very long way.

I have acne-prone skin and I always have red marks left over from previous breakouts. I tend to go through a lot of makeup to even out that redness. But one tube of this stuff has already lasted me four months, and I still have plenty left. I use less than half a pea-sized drop for my whole face. And that amount gives me full -- and I mean full -- coverage. It completely covers all of my red marks. For this foundation, I find I get better coverage when I use my fingers for application. It's expensive, but because it has lasted so long, I feel like I've gotten my money's worth.

I do like to finish with a very light dusting of Jane Iredale's PurePressed Base. For me, the formulation is just a bit too moist for my oily skin to use on its own. If I don't set it with powder, it slides off after a few hours. Even with the powder, I still have to blot after a few hours, but I have to do that no matter what I use.

I do find this formulation a little bit clogging for my skin. Since it gives fantastic coverage, I feel like it's an acceptable tradeoff for now. I just make sure I wash it off completely every night before bed.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I've seen a lot of good reviews on this, but I almost died laughing when I put it on my face! It looked like I covered myself with yellow chalk. The worse thing was that I had some on my hands, and when I went to wash my hands it wouldn't come off with soap. So I got my facial cleanser, washed my face and hands twice, and it still didn't come off. Then I got a bar of soap and had to wash twice more and scrub with a washcloth. Clearly, this is not for me!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I made the switch from JI Dream Tint to the BB cream and I am very happy. The cream is thick, so a little goes a long way. I really like the coverage and that it is very moisturizing on the skin. My recommendation is that you exfoliate because it will enhance the little flakes around the nose area. Jane Iredale's primer makes this BB cream look amazing, as it does make the skin glow. I do find myself setting it with a thin layer of the pressed powder only to keep oil at bay.