Jane Iredale Glow Time BB Cream

3.4

Not tested on animals

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this at the Nordstrom Spa in downtown Seattle and they walked me through various ways of applying either for full coverage (apply without blending with any lotion) or light coverage. For a matte, polished look I use the face powder by the same brand. My skin is nether oily or dry from it's use and it hasn't caused any breakouts. For application I use the pink beauty blender sponge.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

It is one of those products that can go opposite ways depending on skin type, but more so, on application. In other words, applied wrongly, it can turn out a disaster. I've since learned that it works best with a foundation brush. And equally important, get to know how much product is required on your skin. In my case, not a lot. Too much, and I look like I am off to a Halloween party.

I like that it provides a full coverage (and it really does this), and it does give off a glow-ish finish, which perks my normally tired looking skin. And finally, it lasts ALL day. The shade range, as many have found, is a bit biased towars the lighter side. I would say even, the VERY light side. I wear the BB05 shade, because the next shade available in Europe was a bit too dark. I am olive, with a beige-yellowish tone (a lot more beige than yellow though), and the BB05 is simply too light and yellow-y. I finish it with powder and bronzers to correct the colour, which is a bit tiresome, and thus un-does the way in which BB creams are supposed to make skin care and makeup routines easier, I think it is not so much the consistency of the product, but the shade itself that makes it look 'chalky' on the face, as some people have found. I really wish they'd do something about that.

Would I repurchase? My answer is really a 'maybe'. It is quite hard to get hold of JI products in Europe. I often buy mine from feelunique (though I also purchase from US sites - which would include a hefty shioping charge), but I find they never have the full range of JI products, often not the full range of shades available. The other thing is, this BB cream is way tooo expensive, It costs euros 51!!! That's way more expensive than full bottles of my other favourites: Dior and YSL. A good product that could potentially get better with better shade offerings, bu for these reasons, repurchasing is a big 'maybe' for me.

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I desperately wanted to love this (at least like it enough to use it!) as, although it contains some nasties (all higher SPF BB creams & sunscreens are dependent on titanium dioxide & other oxides in order to block UV rays), it has far less in the way of the plethora of other truly nasty additives than other BB creams.

The only virtues of the Glow Time range is that there is a reasonable selection of shades in order to find the best match for your skin tone. I started out getting 05 as 03 was too light for me, but the 05 has so much yellow in it that I was shocked when I was blotting my face in full daylight the first day I wore it, so I foolishly bought the 03 to mix with it. Well, I did end up with a shade that looks fairly natural (although still weirder than any other BB creams I've tried) but, consequently, now have 2 tubes of expensive BB cream I don't want to touch again.

WHY I HATE IT: This 'stuff' leaves my face looking like a lunar landscape, even with wads of primer & a good dusting with my favourite setting powder. It rides into my fine lines & pores throughout the course of the day and sets there... and the blotting! By mid-way through the day I'm having to blot every hour just to keep the grease around my nose, chin & forehead from trickling down. I've gone through a packet of ELF blotting paper over the course of a couple of weeks of experimenting with mixing half a pea-sized amount with different moisturisers, using different primers, no primers, etc. in the hopes of making it work for me.

WHO IT MAY WORK FOR: Bearing in mind that I'm 54, I'd prefer to bypass foundations & use powder to even out my complexion nowadays as, unless they're extremely sheer, I don't think we older lasses can carry off foundation during the day without it calling attention to every crepey area of the face & our ever-growing pores. It would possibly work on younger skin and I have to note that, once dusted over with a setting powder to eliminate the glittery effect, it doesn't have that strange vinyl mask finish other BB creams do.

As for me, however, I still stand firm on disliking it. Aside from not appreciating the coarse appearance this products gives my skin, I can't stand being so aware of my face due to the pooling oil slicks all day.

The two lippies are for the sunscreen factor. I'm sticking with my Gowoonsesang (Dr. G), thank you very much.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I received a sample with my latest order of Jane Iredale mineral base. I'm glad they sent it because now I know it's not for me. I prefer a very matte look to my makeup and this made me very shiny. I looked in the mirror at work around 11:00 and talk about a shine-fest! Did not work for me.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I really like this BB cream. It's hideously expensive where I live (75$) and I've yet to find out if it's really that much better in terms of performance and how it treats my skin than a regular high-end foundation. Time will tell. For now though, after a few days of wearing it, I must say that I really like it. I got the color BB3, which is absolutely perfect for my NC15-20, slightly peach toned skin. It covers everything and gives me a slightly dewy finish. All the reviewers who have said that you need only a tiny amount are absolutely right you need very little for a full face application! I've tried applying it with my fingers, but I prefer using a wedge sponge, as I feel it gives less opaque coverage and spreads more easily that way. I love the faint citrusy-floral smell and my skin feels soft after I wash it at night. I love the squeeze tube and it does contain 50ml, as opposed to regular foundations that usually come in 30ml bottles, so this will last a very long time. Great product, I just wish it wasn't so expensive! Be aware that this contains several silicones high up on the ingredient list, just like any regular foundation and many other BB creams which are not marketed as "natural".