Jane Iredale Glow Time BB Cream

Filtered by hair type : Straight

3.2

Not tested on animals

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I'm 53 with a true olive undertone (Japanese mix) and very hard to match. My skin was very oily but has become more "normal" with age. I have some redness showing up on my cheeks from broken capillaries/dark circles under my eye and I needed more coverage than the Pressed powder (Jane Iredale, golden glow) could offer. LOVED the powder but needed more coverage. I would say that this might not be a good match for someone with oily skin, it's very moisturizing. Probably would slide off and gather in places. Normal to dry skin would be a better fit. I detect no odor at all. It has great coverage and does oxidizes very natural, unlike a mask. Gives a kind of dewy look on the skin. Applying can be troublesome since it's very thick and hard to spread with brush or hands. I suggest applying very soon after putting on your moisturizer to help spread out evenly. But once it has some time, it melts into your skin very nicely and looks natural. So far my skin seems to like it and I have no breakouts.

What I like: Yellow shades (Oxides into a true yellow and not peach color), Stuff does not move, stays on all day with or without a setting powder, smooth FULL coverage, gives a nice natural finish, not matte but not too shiny.

What I don't like: Really thick and dry, hard to smooth out with brush or fingers, kind of hard to remove but that's what you pay for long lasting foundation.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my new HG foundation + sunscreen! So far my favorite has been Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundation, but honestly VD is a little too drying. But JI Glow Time BB has as good of coverage + sun protection as VD but neither drying nor shiny/oily. It also has a better color match. Even the lightest shade "Opal" of VD was a little too dark/yellow/warm for me. Although I am Asian, since my skin is fair-light and cool undertoned, Glow Time "#3", which has a hint of pink, works a lot better for me. When it comes to coverage though, NOTHING outperforms VD. Period.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hard to match the right color, I have bb1 which is super pink and bb5 which is really yellow,I'm hoping mixing will help neutralize it. I guess I didn't pay attention when I originally bought it because it's full of -cones which break me out.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

The coverage is amazing for this product. I'm sensitive to a lot of products, but not this one. I find by itself if can get a bit cake-y, so I set it with a powder. I have rosacea, so coverage is very important. Buying this from professional makeup stores makes it so the price doesn't effect me as much as others, but the regular price is high. One bottle lasts me over a year, though!! I find that balances everything out. My staple foundation.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Really wanted this to work. The color BB6 is perfect for my NC20-25 skin and just a tiny bit blended with my fingers over my sunscreen gives great coverage for my tiny spots and veins but does not look masky (the key is to use very thin layers and go over problem areas). It's yellow enough to cover any redness but doesnt look like egg yolk once it settles and blends in. Lovely natural finish/not greasy. Coverage lasts all day, even in humid weather.

BUT... the ingredients are pure D I S A S T E R for me: Aloe vera, Cyclopentasiloxane ... UGH. Every time I wear this, no matter how scrupulously I double cleanse and use salicylic acid toner>>>a bit zit somewhere forms. I shoulda known!

Terrible. Broke me out so badly! The colour range is also limited... Chucking it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This caused me to breakout - huge cystic pimples on my chin which only started to disappear once I worked out this bb cream was the culprit. I also found it had poor coverage and was drying. I like jane iredale but this is a no for me.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Not a BB cream...i use a moisturizer and a primer under it and I use a jane iredale setting spray to set it for a dewier finish...so it isn't taking the place of other products...has fuller coverage...which is good because most of the BB creams wear off after a few hours...i'm 53 almost...was in the market for a new foundation of some kind...stumbled upon this at a spa recently...heard great things about Jane Iredale products...tried this on..instant love..ALL of the above facial products/steps necessary for the love, though...I can live with that...it/I look very pretty : )

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Settles in pores big time. Nothing like other BB creams, more like heavy foundation. The only way I could use this is if I mixed it with moisturizer & made a TM out of it, but that defeats the purpose of the spf. The sample BB5 was an ok match for my nc20 skin tone, though a bit too yellow.

ME: MAC = NC15; EM = Fairly Light; Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 hour = #100 Ivory; Revlon ColorStay = #150 Buff; Avon Smooth Minerals Pressed Foundation = T04 Nude. I'm in my mid 40s, slightly drier cheeks, slightly oiler t-zone, not super sensitive to breakouts, redness/slight rosacea on cheeks, nose, chin, several melasma spots.

I received a sample of this BB cream (B5). It covers my redness on my cheeks/nose/chin beautifully, but it is a tad dark for me. I have not tried other shades, not sure if I will.

No breakouts = :). I did learn that I MUST a primer due to the thickness of this stuff or it won't spread properly (it dries quickly) and settles into my fine lines. A pea size covers my entire face and lasts about 6 hours w/out UD All Nighter and then I have to powder or blot my nose/chin.

I said I'd re-purchase, but its actually a "maybe" as I'm now researching CC creams... if I do decide to purchase, I will get samples of the BB1 and BB3 to see if better color match.