Jane Iredale Glow Time BB Cream

Filtered by hair type : Other

3.6

Not tested on animals

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I absolutely love this for the winter. It is very heavy, full coverage. I apply it with a damp sponge, often spritzing the product with extra water, and start out by dabbing all over my face and then blending blending blending. As others have noted, it is heavy coverage, a little goes a long way, so blending takes a little more doing than for other foundation. I believe that I am NC25/NC30 (Asian) though I haven't worn MAC in years. I wear Smashbox 15-hr in 2.1, LM in "Nude," Bare Minerals in "Fairly Light." For this foundation I wear BB6 and I love the way it looks; I am lucky in that a salon near me sells the product so I was able to have someone help me and pick out a color. I would never have picked out BB6 online. FWIW I love looking yellow. It evens me out, covers imperfections. When I've taken selfies my sisters have asked if I did "beauty mode." And then, as always, I finish with setting powder and the product stays on all day. I won't, however, wear this in the summer. I can't imagine having this level of coverage in the heat and humidity. The cons are as follows: it literally smells like wet paint when I first squeeze it onto my sponge, which I find alarming. Also, I wanted to try Jane Iredale because I wanted to switch to products with fewer "scary" ingredients. Without researching much and simply trusting the brand, I'm finding that was a mistake because this has a lot of silicone ingredients in it. But I love the coverage so much I will likely re-buy next winter.

Very good coverage for people who need it, but very heavy as well. It looked a bit cakey on me and it rubbed off on my sunglasses - something I hate! Also, it was quite thick and had to blend it in quickly. Overall it was ok, but I wouldn't repurchase.

In summary
-has a spectrum of choices for fair skin
-full-coverage
-a little can go a long way
-uselessly waterproof
-CAUSES BREAKOUTS!

1. fair shades
The shade BB3 and BB5 work for my light-warm skin tone.
There's nothing orange in it, but both contain a lot of yellow.

2. coverage
95% of my red blemish scars are covered

3. A little goes a long way
About a pea sized amount is more than enough for the whole face.
If you apply too much, you'll look like a clown

4. Waterproof
This makes removing this BB cream very hard!

2. BREAKOUTS!
Diligent and careful skincare helped me reduce the amount of blemishes I have....until I bought this BB cream.
My chin broke out in large cysts in a matter of hours after applying the BB cream every time I use it. I could observe bumps showing up. I didn't even breakout in cysts like that!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I use the amazing base. This $*!#* broke me out. And it looks like crap whenever I see it on a sales girl. I know it's mean to say it, but seriously, they look super caked.

MUA says Swapping is only open to current swappers...But I want to swap this! I have the Glow Time BB Cream #5. Message me/check my notepad if interested!

REVIEW:
So I'm new to Jane Iredale and I have acne prone yet dry skin that, although still in my mid-later 20's, is starting to show signs of aging especially when I smile. Since I'm still struggling with acne, I have been on a long and arduous journey to improve my skin and I've decided to clean up my routine. As a result, I'm trying strictly use products that are healthy and won't break me out, with the exception of the under eye area because I've always needed heavy duty extra coverage due to genetic dark circles and hollowness.

The point: I never thought I could use mineral powder makeup because I'm dry and bareminerals made me peel something fierce. But I must say I am so impressed with Jane Iredale's loose powder; it has not been drying (as long as I moisturizer of course) and I think it is improving my tone. Yet, like most women, I prefer a little more liquid coverage on my nose and certain areas to help cover pores, blemishes, and provide more full coverage. However, I kid you not, in the EXACT areas where I put this BB cream, I developed deep, hard, almost white-head-type beads of congestion...like after one use. The reason I know this is that I only applied the BB cream in tiny specific little areas on my face for the first time so I would be able to gage which products were and weren't working, and I kid you not, it's those exact areas (like the size of a dime) that developed a problem. And I'm actually kind of pissed about it because I just got a medical grade quality light peel that really improved my acne-- until this outrageously priced potion clogged it deeply like a O#$*RU-hole!

The reason I'm only giving this 3 stars and not less though, is that when applying it very very lightly and thinly almost like a concealer (when mixed with moisturizer...I tend to often mix foundations and concealers with moisturizers) it didn't look half bad. But there is no way I would ever put this all over my face the way it is intended. Plus, even with the moisturizer, I found it quite drying...like way more than the powder oddly enough.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have oily skin, acne-prone, medium with golden undertone and quite sensitive to certain foundations and creams. I've tried a lot of BB creams in the past but nothing covers quite like the Jane Iredale BB Cream. It feels almost like a cream foundation or maybe even a concealer. It covers red spots and scars quite well. You only really need a little bit otherwise it will look cakey. Then, I set it with Jane Iredale Pressed Powder and spray it with the Jane Iredale antioxidant spray. It gives my face a glowy look that lasts from 8 am to 1 pm then my face becomes too oily and I'd have to use a blotting paper to take out all the excess oil. Especially if you are in the office for 8-9 hours where the AC is on full blast (the air is so dry that your skin thinks it needs to produce more oil to compensate for the outside factors). So, even though I like how it covers and the fact that it doesn't make me break out, I am stuck with a problem regarding the length of wear I can use this for. I'm going to finish the bottle but I'm going to start looking for alternatives I can use for everyday office use. And then, also find one to use for weddings and special events that require long lasting wear through winter or summer humidity.

I LOVE this BB cream! I have never tried one until now! Beautiful, buildable coverage and gives you a healthy glow! I use the Jane Brightening Primer underneath, and then the Pressed Base over top with a spray of the Balance Antioxidant spray and it looks beautiful! My skin never looked so healthy! And with such amazing ingredients too that will help my skin. Loving breathable, mineral make up.

I felt compelled to review this as I'm getting ready to purchase my second tube. First, some pros: excellent coverage, natural/dewy finish, good color match (BB3, I'm about an NC20), lasting power, hygienic packaging. Cons: expensive, perhaps too 'dewy' for anyone with oily skin.

For me, this is working great. I was using Colorstay Whipped but it was contributing to my breakouts and also emphasizing flakes (which can be an issue come winter). I've had great success with this and it gives the coverage and finish I'm after. A little definitely goes a long way, and I've found that my tube has lasted about 3 months. For something that gives the results I want, I can justify the price. This is definitely worth a look, even for those usually used to medium-full coverage foundations.

Really wanted to love this. It was my first foray into BB cream so I can't compare it to other brands, but unfortunately I will be returning it. The first day I wore it over Kate Somerville Goat Milk moisturizer (a light weight cream). Once I had blush and bronzer on - it did initially look fresh and it does cover well so I was encouraged. The second day I tried it without applying anything prior and followed with powder but was shiny by midday and could already see a breakout brewing on my cheek. Pros: full coverage, (mostly) natural ingredients, nice smell and packaging. Cons: heavy texture, does not blend easily and feels heavy on - I felt like I was wearing chapstick on my face. If this is what BB's are all about, not sure they're for me. Love Jane Iredale products, but for this price and feel, I'd rather have a good foundation.

Actually I'm not sure yet if I'd buy this again. I LOVE Jane Iredale's Amazing Base, but was interested in a BB cream, although since the SPF is only 25 (and I use Tazorac,) I would still have to wear additional sunscreen underneath. Her BB creamspreads much better with her primer or with a moisturizer or sunscreen with some slip. It IS quite thick, so you need some slip to spread it out, and again, as everyone's said , you don't need much at all. So, it's expensive for the tube (or for the two tubes, for me), but because so little goes such a long way, it's not expensive in the individual cost per use.

My biggest gripe are the colors. The JI consultants insist that all the colors are yellow-based, but that is Just Not True. I'd ordinarily be a BB3 in terms of lightness (the BB1 is ghostly white,) but because the BB3 shade is pink-toned (yes it is, despite their insistence,) it just looks weird on me (I usually use Bisque Amazing Base, although sometimes it's a little yellow on me.) The BB5 is too dark but at least is yellow-toned, and when spread out, isn't horribly bad. I might have to mix the BB3 and BB5, but that's kind of a pain. Another gripe is that it highlights some pores (see below.)

I really really REALLY like the dewy finish, especially as I get older; I use Tazorac, so I have fewer wrinkles, but the surface of my skin tends to be a bit dry, and JI's BB cream mitigates that look. It's dewy, but definitely not greasy.

That being said, I have an area on my cheeks where liquid/cream foundations highlight my pores, even though the pores there are non-existent when bare, which is why I started with the JI Amazing Base because her AB does not show up there. I was disappointed to see that JI BB cream showed up there even with primer. So, now I'm wondering why I'd even bother with her BB cream, given it doesn't have a strong enough SS AND shows up on my cheek pores, highlighting them (not flattering:lol!)

So, I'm not sure how I feel yet. Haven't used it long enough to see if it's going to break me out, particularly with the 'cones in it, and am not sure yet about the primer except that it smells amazing. I bought it from Nordstroms, though, so can return if I have probs.

WHOA this is pretty amazing. I love this stuff. I seriously only use a pea size amount for my face. I apply it over my already moisturized skin (tarte maracuja oil) and find this combo works super well for me. I really am amazed at how well it covers. It instantly brightens my face and hides what needs to go away. It lasts pretty well I do touch up about mid day with JI pressed base on my nose. I haven't broken out at all if anything my face is getting better. I definitely will repurchase but this this tube will last a while.