Jane Iredale Glow Time BB Cream

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone

3.1

Not tested on animals

I use this on the weekends. It can go on somewhat streaky if you don't moisturize and blend well. It's best to use this as "less is more" strategy and more like a robust tinted moisturizer, not as full foundation option. YOU NEED TO SET THIS WITH A POWDER. It does break down around the t-zone after 6 hours or so. But, if you want a softly tinted moisturizer to just keep it moving on a Saturday afternoon that won't break you out, it's great.

I used to really love this, and I think I'm not sure why. It doesn't have great coverage, you need to really load up to cover blemishes. It does tend toward shiny/oil by end of day, and it transfers to clothing or fingers if you touch your face in the day. But for some reason, I kept using it and still do. Now I just limit it to weekends b/c it's not going to give you the full face professional coverage I like for work.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I absolutely love this for the winter. It is very heavy, full coverage. I apply it with a damp sponge, often spritzing the product with extra water, and start out by dabbing all over my face and then blending blending blending. As others have noted, it is heavy coverage, a little goes a long way, so blending takes a little more doing than for other foundation. I believe that I am NC25/NC30 (Asian) though I haven't worn MAC in years. I wear Smashbox 15-hr in 2.1, LM in "Nude," Bare Minerals in "Fairly Light." For this foundation I wear BB6 and I love the way it looks; I am lucky in that a salon near me sells the product so I was able to have someone help me and pick out a color. I would never have picked out BB6 online. FWIW I love looking yellow. It evens me out, covers imperfections. When I've taken selfies my sisters have asked if I did "beauty mode." And then, as always, I finish with setting powder and the product stays on all day. I won't, however, wear this in the summer. I can't imagine having this level of coverage in the heat and humidity. The cons are as follows: it literally smells like wet paint when I first squeeze it onto my sponge, which I find alarming. Also, I wanted to try Jane Iredale because I wanted to switch to products with fewer "scary" ingredients. Without researching much and simply trusting the brand, I'm finding that was a mistake because this has a lot of silicone ingredients in it. But I love the coverage so much I will likely re-buy next winter.

Love! It is everything I want to cover up my comodones, and more! It is thick but it does not bother me, a light florally smell...and no need to feel like it is bothering your skin because, it is very gentle and healthy as it contains vitamins and minerals.

I find it too dry, too thick & too heavy a consistency. It sat on my skin & was hard to blend it in. I have liked all the Jane Iredale foundations I've tried so far. Especially Amazing Base & pure pressed foundation. Just couldn't get a glow from using this & unfortunately have ended up putting it in the bin.

Good coverage but too expensive.

I wanted to love this product SO much, as I'm looking for a mineral foundation that I know is good for my skin, has high SPF as I live in Australia but also full coverage to hide my bad acne scarring and pigmentation. I have combination skin with hormonal cystic acne breakouts around my jawline and this BB cream covered it perfectly. It does feel quite thick but I applied mine with a beauty blender and it goes on nice and creamy and feels light on the skin. The full coverage and finish is amazing and it does last well on the skin with only a late afternoon touch up required in this humidity at the moment. I found the shades to be quite dark when choosing one and it definitely oxidises but I took a risk and bought it online so clearly mismatched myself....so this was pretty much a great product overall but...and it's a BIG BUT....it broke me out something terrible. When I took my make up off in the evening, some cystic acne had flared up but like never before, my skin had literally formed blisters around my jaw line. This product is the only thing which I had tried differently on my skin so unfortunately it has to be down to this. Like I said, I wanted to love and use it so much but I guess it's just not going to work for me.

I am giving up on this. It pains me because I wanted it to work out so bad. But this breaks me out the typical deep cystic lesions especially on my chin and the sides of my nose-bridge. I kept hearing about Jane Iredale being friendly for the skin. Theese products are hard to come by locally where I am, so I had to look and went for a trial. It looked good so I decided to just buy one.

I don't like wearing makeup because of the (well-founded fear) it breaks me out. So I only wear it on special occasions.
Initially the coverage is quite good (moderate) it blends well. But after a a few hours, it looks cakey, although it still helps mask the redness on my skin. But I broke out so badly, been giving it excuses eg I wore in while on holiday (hence the dry atmosphere was bad for my skin) But the past week, I it's the last straw really. I wore it for 2 separate occasions (a few hours), about 1 week apart. I was trying it without the powder and it broke me out.

Now I'll try the pressed powder (coverage not as good, it's more sheer) and see if that breaks me out too.

anyway, still hunting for something suitable for me :(

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I switched to using Korean BB's from powdered minerals because as I got older I found that the powders accentuated flaws. However, I eventually became concerned about the safety
(and soundness ethically) of some of the ingredients in these Asian brands. Lo and Behold - my previous favourite mineral makeup Jane Iredale had started making a BB! I purchased this in BB3 as this was supposedly a match for Warm Silk, the shade I had been using previously in both the pressed and loose minerals.
This product worked for me similar to MISSHA's Cho Bo Yang where it provides more coverage than a tinted moisturiser but not as much as a full coverage foundation. Also similar to the Asian product, you need to only use a pea sized amount for your whole face and work quickly because it is possible to have it set before it is blended or use too much and have it end up looking mask like. I have had no break outs from it so far even with sensitive an acne prone skin. It does have sort of a light citrus-y scent but this dissipates quickly and I had no allergy issues with it.
The main con I could find with this is that at $48 it's basically double what it costs for other BB creams. This is high enough that it's definitely a consideration when purchasing this product.
Overall though I will purchase this again because I like both the coverage and the fact that it has less questionable ingredients than competitiors.

Edited to add: Forgot to mention that I did not need to use a brush with this. I simply used a pea sized amount, dotted it on and then blended with my fingers like I would any other BB. I did not even need to use powder to set it afterward. I suspect that many of those achieving a super heavy effect with this stuff are simply using too large an amount.

Very good coverage for people who need it, but very heavy as well. It looked a bit cakey on me and it rubbed off on my sunglasses - something I hate! Also, it was quite thick and had to blend it in quickly. Overall it was ok, but I wouldn't repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This caused me to breakout - huge cystic pimples on my chin which only started to disappear once I worked out this bb cream was the culprit. I also found it had poor coverage and was drying. I like jane iredale but this is a no for me.