Jane Iredale Glow Time BB Cream

Filtered by skin type : Combination

4.2

Not tested on animals

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I'm 53 with a true olive undertone (Japanese mix) and very hard to match. My skin was very oily but has become more "normal" with age. I have some redness showing up on my cheeks from broken capillaries/dark circles under my eye and I needed more coverage than the Pressed powder (Jane Iredale, golden glow) could offer. LOVED the powder but needed more coverage. I would say that this might not be a good match for someone with oily skin, it's very moisturizing. Probably would slide off and gather in places. Normal to dry skin would be a better fit. I detect no odor at all. It has great coverage and does oxidizes very natural, unlike a mask. Gives a kind of dewy look on the skin. Applying can be troublesome since it's very thick and hard to spread with brush or hands. I suggest applying very soon after putting on your moisturizer to help spread out evenly. But once it has some time, it melts into your skin very nicely and looks natural. So far my skin seems to like it and I have no breakouts.

What I like: Yellow shades (Oxides into a true yellow and not peach color), Stuff does not move, stays on all day with or without a setting powder, smooth FULL coverage, gives a nice natural finish, not matte but not too shiny.

What I don't like: Really thick and dry, hard to smooth out with brush or fingers, kind of hard to remove but that's what you pay for long lasting foundation.

So I got a sample of this from a salon - it was the lightest shade, and ended up being too light for me, but the store was out of the next shade, bb 5, I think? I went back and got a sample of that one, and talk about weird. When first applied, it was beautiful. A good color match, lightly mattifying, great coverage, great under concealer and blush, and it felt good. But wow, none of that lasts very long. I only had about a nine hour day, and it was a patchy mess by the end of it, with some spots flaking off and others greasy and slick. I'm busy at work, and don't have much time for touch ups except lip products, so that doesn't work for me. The kicker, though, was washing it off to a good sized spot of raised, itchy skin on my cheek, and a new zit forming by the corner of my mouth - and I rarely break out, except occasionally along my jaw. I was hoping this product would work for me, because it has more coverage than the average bb cream and a high percentage of physical sunscreen. For a bb cream, it's very expensive at 48 bucks a tube. I won't be buying this, though.

I recently switched all of my makeup over to Jane Iredale per my esthetician's recommendation and I am so happy I did. I purchased the Smooth Affair primer, Glow Time BB cream in BB7 as well as the pure pressed powder. I have oily dry combo skin with yellow undertones.

There are a number of ways to use this BB cream. You can use your fingers, a brush, a beauty blender sponge, or mixed in with your primer. I use this product with my foundation brush but plan on getting a beauty blender. When mixed in with the primer you get a more sheer result and when applied with hands or brush you get more coverage. You only need a very small amount of this product. And I mean small. Think "BB" size. This amount covers my entire face. If I use more, I look cakey and just too much. This is considered a full coverage foundation and it does a wonderful job at covering any redness, skin pigmentation or blemishes.

The finish of this product is very dewy so keep that in mind if you like a more matte finish. Since I have oily skin this *can* accentuate my shine, but since I use such a small amount, it doesn't get too out of control.

I get compliments often on my skin since switching over to Jane Iredale. Since I have acne prone skin, I get so nervous trying new products. When I started using this line (Smooth Affair + Glow Time + Pure Press) I noticed an almost instant difference in my skin. I felt like it could breath. At first I did think the Smooth Affair and Glow Time were causing me to break out, but now my skin is clear and so incredibly soft. It looks and feels so much healthier than before. It does take some patience like with anything else, so give it at least a month to notice results.

I like this foundation. It's great to have a perfect color match. Most foundations are too dark on me. I have a NC10-15 neck, and NW20 face, so I have to match my foundation to my neck. I was not sure if I needed BB1 or BB3. Fortunately, if you email Jane Iredale they will send you samples in the mail. I found out I am a perfect match to BB1, a yellow based shade. Many of the lightest shades in a foundation range in other brands run pink and I am unable to buy them.

This BB cream has great coverage, like a medium to heavy coverage foundation. I like that. You don't need much product. I have to apply with a Real Techniques beauty blender sponge to blend it evenly over my face. I think that is the best application method. Wear is all day. Product did not have any smell that I could detect. I have oily combination skin, and did experience some oil breakthrough so have to blot during the day, but that is not unusual for me.

It is on the pricey side for foundation, but you get 1.7 oz, instead of the standard 1 oz. I plan to repurchase.

This product is so excellent. I love the feeling of BB creams in general but a lot of them are too close to being the same as a tinted moisturizer, however this product was a pleasant surprise. It applies so easily with your fingers, perfectly blended in seconds. I've found with BB creams such as the products from Maybelline and Rimmel they often apply quite patchy. This product is full coverage but is by no means the same as a full coverage foundation, it doesn't apply heavily and is barely felt on the skin. I find that after a few minutes it sinks properly into the skin and features like freckles are still visible so it leaves a very natural finish. The finish is dewy as suggested by the name of the product but doesn't leave a sticky feeling on the face, and lasts all day. With most other BB creams I've noticed that if i touch my face at all throughout the day the product is gone by the end. This product minimizes pores, is water resistant, is completely vegan, and cruelty free. This is on the pricier side however I haven't found a BB cream up to the same standard at the drugstore, so I'm perfectly willing to repurchase.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I have been using this for just under a year in shade BB5 and I LOVE IT! It has an amazing coverage, makes my skin look flawless and glowing (which is quite a feat as I do not have naturally perfect skin!) I apply a pearl sized amount using the Beauty Blender Pro. This formula also smells amazing and no synthetic fragrance, it's amazing fruity smell comes from all the fruit extracts inside. When I wear this I know that it is not harming my skin or clogging my pores which is always nice. I have combination,spot prone skin and find that applied over primer and set with powder this lasts around 12 hours (I am going to test it with the Urban Decay Make up Setting Spray to see if this elongates the wear at all, will report back!)

I've been using JI Glow Time for a month. It gives me very good coverage for my hyperpigmentation. The cream is very thick and a little goes a long way. The first few times, I applied way too much. It's not like applying regular foundation.

I put about half a pea size on the back of my hand. I add more as needed, but start small. I use a Sigma Flat Top Kabuki brush F80 to apply Glow Time. I find a flat top brush is better to use than a regular foundation brush. I lightly tap the brush on cream and gently dot the cream on my face. I use a swirling motion to apply the makeup. Don't press too hard. It took me about a week or so to get the hang of using the swirling motion and determining the right pressure to applying the cream. I wasn't experienced using a flat top brush.

I also use JI Enlighten concealer over the darkest hyperpigmentation areas before applying Glow Time. Be careful not to use too much of the concealer. This is where I had to adjust the pressure amount when applying Glow Time. I wait a few minutes for concealer to set before applying the cream.

I let Glow Time set for a minute before applying blush. I do my eyes then finish off with blush, etc. I don't usually use a powder unless it's for an evening outing. Sometimes I use a facial spray to set the makeup with or without powder.

I marked it's expensive, but a little does go a long way.

Note: My mother in law gave me a compliment. She liked my makeup.

First of all, the one bad thing first: it is a bit pricey. BUT ... the amount you need to use is so small that it seems to lasts forever. And because the opening is small, there is less chance for contamination making it less likely to be a bacterial haven so it can last longer. (I had mine for 2 years before I had to get another one - I use it Monday thru Friday and weekends if I go out.)

Be prepared that if you use as much as you would use a typical liquid foundation you will be disgusted because it is thick. My application consists of mixing a tiny amount of the BB cream with a vitamin C serum/cream that I use as a moisturizer and it goes on beautifully and evenly. If I don't mix it, it goes on really thick like a sunscreen.

Up until a few years ago, I really struggled with my skin and would try every product (cleansers, makeup, topical, anything made for acne prone skin) which got extremely pricey and discouraging since nothing was working. Almost three years ago, my mom turned me onto a specific cleansing line and at the same time I came across JI products and, although the occasional breakouts still surface, have seen such an improvement.

I have been using this BB Cream for 3 weeks now - it was a stocking stuffer from my wish list. :) I have seen a tremendous change in my skin. Prior to using this I had been using JI Pure Pressed powder and liked it but wanted to try a liquid again. Not wanting to invest the $$$ I bought Revlon Age Defying foundation. The skin around my eyes was becoming very dry and even flaky. I assumed it was the change in season's and dry winter air and added more moisturing to the area - which didn't really help. But lo and behold I changed foundation products and within a week or so no more dry flaky skin around my eyes.

I have this in BB1 based on the Ivory shade of pure pressed powder I had used. It is perfect for my skin tone. I find it takes very little to go a long ways. I apply it in one area at a time as it does dry very quickly and dotting it all over at once would be inadvisable. I apply with my fingers and pat it more than rub.

For me it is worth the money and I will repurchase when I need to.

This is the perfect product combined as a foundation, concealer and SPF. 3 products in 1 justifies the price point and the packaging is brilliant bc it allows you to squeeze every ounce out. The amount of product u get is spectacular and u need very little. However the product dries quickly and is heavy so I suggest spritzing some toner on ur brush or sponge b4 applying so it provides "slip " for easier and lighter application. The BEST concealer EVER. I have Melasma so I've struggled finding the best product to minimizing the pigmentation. Highly recommended!!!!!!!