Jane Iredale Glow Time BB Cream

Filtered by skin type : Normal

3.4

Not tested on animals

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Really wanted this to work. The color BB6 is perfect for my NC20-25 skin and just a tiny bit blended with my fingers over my sunscreen gives great coverage for my tiny spots and veins but does not look masky (the key is to use very thin layers and go over problem areas). It's yellow enough to cover any redness but doesnt look like egg yolk once it settles and blends in. Lovely natural finish/not greasy. Coverage lasts all day, even in humid weather.

BUT... the ingredients are pure D I S A S T E R for me: Aloe vera, Cyclopentasiloxane ... UGH. Every time I wear this, no matter how scrupulously I double cleanse and use salicylic acid toner>>>a bit zit somewhere forms. I shoulda known!

Honestly, I don't *want* to like this BB cream. It's really expensive, and I hate the idea of loving such a pricey product. But it's just so damn good. I am VERY obsessed with high coverage products and I want a perfect, even complexion to work off of, and inexplicably, this *BB cream* offers that with a minimal amount of product. Like, I can get very decent coverage with a pea-sized amount, probably less.

I started off with the Garnier BB cream, which was...underwhelming and made my eyes burn (LPT: read the freakin' packaging). Then, out of curiosity, I picked this up (it's my mother's). It made a world of difference. It covered like a foundation, blurred out my pores, matched BOTH our skintones (she tans, I don't), and is just overall...awesome.

I'm now venturing into Korean BB creams after trying this. I had a bad experience with one, and to be honest, I'm worried that this product has set the bar impossibly high. Will I find a quality BB cream that's just as good as the Jane Iredale Glow Time (or even better)? Who knows. But for now, this is a HG BB cream...even though it's hideously expensive.

I like this BB cream a lot. In my opinion, it is more like a full on foundation though. My skin feels good and I don't feel like I have a lot on. Matched my skin tone perfectly , which is really hard to find. Only down side is the pricing..... $48.... I only bought it because I get a discount where I work

I'm a fan of the JI pressed mineral foundation, but was wanting something a bit lighter coverage-wise, so thought I'd give this a try. This isn't a BB cream, it's more like a thick, waterproof concealer that's extremely difficult to blend. It also separates on the skin (especially if there are dry spots like mine). You need a really good cleanser to remove it - I put it on the back of my hand & apply with a brush & it takes several vigorous washes with soap to get most of it off my hand (not all of it!). Luckily, I do have a really good cleanser (Estee Lauder 3 in 1) which does remove it completely. I like a natural look, so this "BB cream" is definitely not for me. It's also ridiculously expensive (NZD99).

In summary
-has a spectrum of choices for fair skin
-full-coverage
-a little can go a long way
-uselessly waterproof
-CAUSES BREAKOUTS!

1. fair shades
The shade BB3 and BB5 work for my light-warm skin tone.
There's nothing orange in it, but both contain a lot of yellow.

2. coverage
95% of my red blemish scars are covered

3. A little goes a long way
About a pea sized amount is more than enough for the whole face.
If you apply too much, you'll look like a clown

4. Waterproof
This makes removing this BB cream very hard!

2. BREAKOUTS!
Diligent and careful skincare helped me reduce the amount of blemishes I have....until I bought this BB cream.
My chin broke out in large cysts in a matter of hours after applying the BB cream every time I use it. I could observe bumps showing up. I didn't even breakout in cysts like that!

a bb cream should perform as advertised. I've bought two shades of this and it makes my skin look chalky and flaky. sorry but I don't think I should have to prop it up with other products. disappointed.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Not a BB cream...i use a moisturizer and a primer under it and I use a jane iredale setting spray to set it for a dewier finish...so it isn't taking the place of other products...has fuller coverage...which is good because most of the BB creams wear off after a few hours...i'm 53 almost...was in the market for a new foundation of some kind...stumbled upon this at a spa recently...heard great things about Jane Iredale products...tried this on..instant love..ALL of the above facial products/steps necessary for the love, though...I can live with that...it/I look very pretty : )

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

UPDATE 10/20/12: I have downgraded this foundation to three stars. After more than a month of daily wear, I no longer care for it. It's just too opaque and heavy, more than I am used to wearing, and certainly more like a full-coverage foundation than a BB cream. I also started to get a couple underground acne bumps, and this "cream" is the only new skin product I introduced into my routine. When I tried using less in targeted areas (nose, chin), I ended up with little divots of beige in my pores by midday, so I need full coverage or none at allor I have to wear it over a silicone-based primer, and that violates my makeup policy where anything I buy needs to be able to stand on its own. If I am going to wear a BB cream, to date, nothing beats MISSHA #21.

ORIGINAL REVIEW: I have been wearing Jane Iredale PurePressed powder foundation since 2000 and adore it, but I have lately wanted something with a tiny bit more coverage that is neither masklike nor a concealer, to hide the pink on my cheeks and chin (mild rosacea). A friend directed me to the excellent reviews here, and I decided to try Jane Iredale's Glow Time Full Coverage Mineral BB Cream.

I called Dermstore for assistance in selecting a color, and I chose BB1, which is beige with the barest whisper of pinka good match for my light skin (NW 15-20). The texture was initially quite disappointing: heavy, thick, and so stiff it dragged across my skin with my fingertips, reminding me of JI's Dream Tint, which I did not like. So I have been dotting it around my face, feathering out as gently as possible with my fingertips, and then bouncing a damp Beautyblender sponge over the surface to smooth over my pores. I CANNOT use this product without finishing with a damp sponge. Period. A pea size truly is all you need, and I mean a petite pea.

Applying the BB cream causes initial surface redness; there's no way to avoid it because the cream is hard to spread. Once on, and after the redness calms down, I get complete coverage of all traces of red and hyperpigmentation. I set it with a light dusting of JI PurePressed powder, which is probably overkill because the BB cream does not budge. It contains 'cones, so I will have to be vigilant about clarifying my skin to avoid blockages or milia. I still have combination skin, and I did not notice any excess oil. In fact, my skin seems less oily throughout the day when I am wearing this cream.

I feel like I need a double wash to get this off at the end of the day. JI claims we can sleep in mineral makeup, but that just isn't my thing. I make a first pass with Bioderma Crealine (or an oil or cream cleanser that I tissue off) and then follow up with a liquid or foaming cleanser, which seems to do the trick.

I am enjoying this so far and might consider buying again, but a single tube should last years.

INGREDIENTS: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) 20%. Aqua/Water/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Stearoxymethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Maltodextrin, Camellia Sinensis (White Tea) Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Fruit Extract, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Glycerin, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Pectin, Chlorella Vulgaris/Lupinus Albus Protein Ferment, Sodium Ascorbate, Tocopherol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Raphanus Sativus (Radish) Root Extract, Lecithin, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract (and) Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Aluminum Hydroxide, Xanthan Gum, May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77489, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288).