Jane Iredale Glow Time BB Cream

Filtered by skin type : Normal

2.9

Not tested on animals

Brought this product because I heard so many great reviews, and have been using this for 4 months, but the product is just not working for me. I use a foundation brush to apply a thin layer of the product, and it looks like it is blended into my skin for the first hour or so, but I then find the product sitting on my skin for the rest of the day. It also moves around a lot even if I set it with a powder or spray, you could literally see a stroke on my face, which is a bit odd as my skin isn't oily at all. I didn't quite get the right shade either as I was only able to order this online in Australia, BB5 is extremely yellow, so unless your skin tone is very yellowish, go for BB3. I love mineral products, and really wished that this would work for me, but sadly I had to switch to another product and chuck this in the bin.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product, probably over a year ago, because I had run out of BB (or CC) cream and was in a fairly rural place where it was the only "luxury" brand I could easily find and buy. I even tried it on and compared it to another Jane Iredale product. It says that it's "full" coverage *(which I didn't know because I didn't read the package before I bought it) but I'd call it heavy industrial and it's very hard to put on and blend. And that's not all: on me, somehow the shade I picked makes me look overly yellow. If you're contemplating appearing as a Kabuki, maybe... All in all, a terrible purchase, and what's more, I really can't blame anyone but myself. Cheap as I am, am contemplating throwing it out because I shouldn't ever be tempted to put it on again.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have pretty normal skin and this just looked like an oilly mess on my face after about 3 hours! The coverage is light to medium and it would've been perfect for days when I wanted a lighter makeup day however the oil slick is a no no.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Really wanted this to work. The color BB6 is perfect for my NC20-25 skin and just a tiny bit blended with my fingers over my sunscreen gives great coverage for my tiny spots and veins but does not look masky (the key is to use very thin layers and go over problem areas). It's yellow enough to cover any redness but doesnt look like egg yolk once it settles and blends in. Lovely natural finish/not greasy. Coverage lasts all day, even in humid weather.

BUT... the ingredients are pure D I S A S T E R for me: Aloe vera, Cyclopentasiloxane ... UGH. Every time I wear this, no matter how scrupulously I double cleanse and use salicylic acid toner>>>a bit zit somewhere forms. I shoulda known!

Honestly, I don't *want* to like this BB cream. It's really expensive, and I hate the idea of loving such a pricey product. But it's just so damn good. I am VERY obsessed with high coverage products and I want a perfect, even complexion to work off of, and inexplicably, this *BB cream* offers that with a minimal amount of product. Like, I can get very decent coverage with a pea-sized amount, probably less.

I started off with the Garnier BB cream, which was...underwhelming and made my eyes burn (LPT: read the freakin' packaging). Then, out of curiosity, I picked this up (it's my mother's). It made a world of difference. It covered like a foundation, blurred out my pores, matched BOTH our skintones (she tans, I don't), and is just overall...awesome.

I'm now venturing into Korean BB creams after trying this. I had a bad experience with one, and to be honest, I'm worried that this product has set the bar impossibly high. Will I find a quality BB cream that's just as good as the Jane Iredale Glow Time (or even better)? Who knows. But for now, this is a HG BB cream...even though it's hideously expensive.

I like this BB cream a lot. In my opinion, it is more like a full on foundation though. My skin feels good and I don't feel like I have a lot on. Matched my skin tone perfectly , which is really hard to find. Only down side is the pricing..... $48.... I only bought it because I get a discount where I work

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I'm a fan of the JI pressed mineral foundation, but was wanting something a bit lighter coverage-wise, so thought I'd give this a try. This isn't a BB cream, it's more like a thick, waterproof concealer that's extremely difficult to blend. It also separates on the skin (especially if there are dry spots like mine). You need a really good cleanser to remove it - I put it on the back of my hand & apply with a brush & it takes several vigorous washes with soap to get most of it off my hand (not all of it!). Luckily, I do have a really good cleanser (Estee Lauder 3 in 1) which does remove it completely. I like a natural look, so this "BB cream" is definitely not for me. It's also ridiculously expensive (NZD99).

In summary
-has a spectrum of choices for fair skin
-full-coverage
-a little can go a long way
-uselessly waterproof
-CAUSES BREAKOUTS!

1. fair shades
The shade BB3 and BB5 work for my light-warm skin tone.
There's nothing orange in it, but both contain a lot of yellow.

2. coverage
95% of my red blemish scars are covered

3. A little goes a long way
About a pea sized amount is more than enough for the whole face.
If you apply too much, you'll look like a clown

4. Waterproof
This makes removing this BB cream very hard!

2. BREAKOUTS!
Diligent and careful skincare helped me reduce the amount of blemishes I have....until I bought this BB cream.
My chin broke out in large cysts in a matter of hours after applying the BB cream every time I use it. I could observe bumps showing up. I didn't even breakout in cysts like that!

a bb cream should perform as advertised. I've bought two shades of this and it makes my skin look chalky and flaky. sorry but I don't think I should have to prop it up with other products. disappointed.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Not a BB cream...i use a moisturizer and a primer under it and I use a jane iredale setting spray to set it for a dewier finish...so it isn't taking the place of other products...has fuller coverage...which is good because most of the BB creams wear off after a few hours...i'm 53 almost...was in the market for a new foundation of some kind...stumbled upon this at a spa recently...heard great things about Jane Iredale products...tried this on..instant love..ALL of the above facial products/steps necessary for the love, though...I can live with that...it/I look very pretty : )