Jane Iredale Glow Time BB Cream

3.5

Not tested on animals

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I like this BB cream. It's not perfect, but it's a lot better than several other BB or CC creams I've tried.

Pros: I have sensitive skin that is easily irritated, but this doesn't break me out in a rash or make my face itchy or tight. If you have sensitive, reactive skin, give this a try. BB 3 is as close as I've found to a perfect match for my fair skin. I don't typically wear full makeup, so this is heavy coverage for me. It covers spots well and gives me a nice even skin tone. I get the most natural looking application when I blend with a brush. For me, it works nicely as an under-the-eye concealer as well.

Cons: It makes my laugh lines look more pronounced, but that's not a huge deal-breaker for me.

I tend to like slightly lighter coverage. So far, I like the finish of Nars tinted moisturizer (Finland) better, but the color match is a little better with the Jane Iredale BB cream.

Amazing. I'm nearly 30 and this makes me look 16 again. Lol but seriously this stuff is worth the price because it is so concentrated. I bet it would take me at least 6 months of daily use to get through the whole bottle. Absolutely full coverage, smoothing, hydrating, but not greasy. Impressive wear time for a BB cream. I even use it as a concealer for minor imperfections and under the eyes. For reference, I have stubborn combination skin that can be oily or dry depending on the climate.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hard to match the right color, I have bb1 which is super pink and bb5 which is really yellow,I'm hoping mixing will help neutralize it. I guess I didn't pay attention when I originally bought it because it's full of -cones which break me out.

I am NC20 to NC25 with strong yellow undertone s nd the shade BB5 was the perfect match for me.
- It has good coverage (medium to high).
- I have oily skin and even though it lasts on my skin, it starts after a few hours to look very greasy.
- It's non comedogenic and I have to say that it didn't cause me any break outs.
- A little bit goes a looooong way with this product.
I think people with dry and sensitive skin would like this product. If you have oily skin try her foundation powders.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

The coverage is amazing for this product. I'm sensitive to a lot of products, but not this one. I find by itself if can get a bit cake-y, so I set it with a powder. I have rosacea, so coverage is very important. Buying this from professional makeup stores makes it so the price doesn't effect me as much as others, but the regular price is high. One bottle lasts me over a year, though!! I find that balances everything out. My staple foundation.

Good coverage but too expensive.

Terrible. Broke me out so badly! The colour range is also limited... Chucking it.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I have been using this for just under a year in shade BB5 and I LOVE IT! It has an amazing coverage, makes my skin look flawless and glowing (which is quite a feat as I do not have naturally perfect skin!) I apply a pearl sized amount using the Beauty Blender Pro. This formula also smells amazing and no synthetic fragrance, it's amazing fruity smell comes from all the fruit extracts inside. When I wear this I know that it is not harming my skin or clogging my pores which is always nice. I have combination,spot prone skin and find that applied over primer and set with powder this lasts around 12 hours (I am going to test it with the Urban Decay Make up Setting Spray to see if this elongates the wear at all, will report back!)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Really like this with a fine dusting of the loose powder on top. I have red cheeks and little red blood vessels under my eyes. I am 41, and am always balancing that knife edge of under eye concealment and too much under eye concealment. (if you are over 40, you know ) I find this to be one of those product lines that eases those woes. I am porcelain with ruddiness. ( NW European) Darkest auburn/brunette and green eyes Skin is dry and flaky around nose not oily, and the rest is normal. I use an OIL moisturizer. Usually a single oil not a blend mixed with other ingredients. OR Ecco Bella has an herbal oil in a round jar that is also a good moisture backdrop. I put this on with my fingers one section at a time. I find that the BB3 is great with the light beige powder on top. (tap and swirl the powder brush so as to not look cakey) This lasts all day long. In winter I am BB1 and Ivory powder. I have to say that if you have any patchiness the BB1 is going to cling to it more than the BB3. I just make sure to use the washcloth in the shower and use the moisture first, and it is not a problem. I have been using this for a month now, and have had no issues with my skin. I use mychelle creamy pumpkin cleanser, and it comes off with ease. I can not wear foundations with alcohol, because of the sensitive sides of nose. This does not end up causing any sensitivity. It is also CRUELTY FREE! I am going back for more of this and the loose powder. I have heard good things about their circle delete. I am #2.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I switched to using Korean BB's from powdered minerals because as I got older I found that the powders accentuated flaws. However, I eventually became concerned about the safety
(and soundness ethically) of some of the ingredients in these Asian brands. Lo and Behold - my previous favourite mineral makeup Jane Iredale had started making a BB! I purchased this in BB3 as this was supposedly a match for Warm Silk, the shade I had been using previously in both the pressed and loose minerals.
This product worked for me similar to MISSHA's Cho Bo Yang where it provides more coverage than a tinted moisturiser but not as much as a full coverage foundation. Also similar to the Asian product, you need to only use a pea sized amount for your whole face and work quickly because it is possible to have it set before it is blended or use too much and have it end up looking mask like. I have had no break outs from it so far even with sensitive an acne prone skin. It does have sort of a light citrus-y scent but this dissipates quickly and I had no allergy issues with it.
The main con I could find with this is that at $48 it's basically double what it costs for other BB creams. This is high enough that it's definitely a consideration when purchasing this product.
Overall though I will purchase this again because I like both the coverage and the fact that it has less questionable ingredients than competitiors.

Edited to add: Forgot to mention that I did not need to use a brush with this. I simply used a pea sized amount, dotted it on and then blended with my fingers like I would any other BB. I did not even need to use powder to set it afterward. I suspect that many of those achieving a super heavy effect with this stuff are simply using too large an amount.