Jane Iredale Glow Time BB Cream

Filtered by skin tone : Other

3.7

Not tested on animals

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I absolutely love this for the winter. It is very heavy, full coverage. I apply it with a damp sponge, often spritzing the product with extra water, and start out by dabbing all over my face and then blending blending blending. As others have noted, it is heavy coverage, a little goes a long way, so blending takes a little more doing than for other foundation. I believe that I am NC25/NC30 (Asian) though I haven't worn MAC in years. I wear Smashbox 15-hr in 2.1, LM in "Nude," Bare Minerals in "Fairly Light." For this foundation I wear BB6 and I love the way it looks; I am lucky in that a salon near me sells the product so I was able to have someone help me and pick out a color. I would never have picked out BB6 online. FWIW I love looking yellow. It evens me out, covers imperfections. When I've taken selfies my sisters have asked if I did "beauty mode." And then, as always, I finish with setting powder and the product stays on all day. I won't, however, wear this in the summer. I can't imagine having this level of coverage in the heat and humidity. The cons are as follows: it literally smells like wet paint when I first squeeze it onto my sponge, which I find alarming. Also, I wanted to try Jane Iredale because I wanted to switch to products with fewer "scary" ingredients. Without researching much and simply trusting the brand, I'm finding that was a mistake because this has a lot of silicone ingredients in it. But I love the coverage so much I will likely re-buy next winter.

I felt compelled to review this as I'm getting ready to purchase my second tube. First, some pros: excellent coverage, natural/dewy finish, good color match (BB3, I'm about an NC20), lasting power, hygienic packaging. Cons: expensive, perhaps too 'dewy' for anyone with oily skin.

For me, this is working great. I was using Colorstay Whipped but it was contributing to my breakouts and also emphasizing flakes (which can be an issue come winter). I've had great success with this and it gives the coverage and finish I'm after. A little definitely goes a long way, and I've found that my tube has lasted about 3 months. For something that gives the results I want, I can justify the price. This is definitely worth a look, even for those usually used to medium-full coverage foundations.

Actually I'm not sure yet if I'd buy this again. I LOVE Jane Iredale's Amazing Base, but was interested in a BB cream, although since the SPF is only 25 (and I use Tazorac,) I would still have to wear additional sunscreen underneath. Her BB creamspreads much better with her primer or with a moisturizer or sunscreen with some slip. It IS quite thick, so you need some slip to spread it out, and again, as everyone's said , you don't need much at all. So, it's expensive for the tube (or for the two tubes, for me), but because so little goes such a long way, it's not expensive in the individual cost per use.

My biggest gripe are the colors. The JI consultants insist that all the colors are yellow-based, but that is Just Not True. I'd ordinarily be a BB3 in terms of lightness (the BB1 is ghostly white,) but because the BB3 shade is pink-toned (yes it is, despite their insistence,) it just looks weird on me (I usually use Bisque Amazing Base, although sometimes it's a little yellow on me.) The BB5 is too dark but at least is yellow-toned, and when spread out, isn't horribly bad. I might have to mix the BB3 and BB5, but that's kind of a pain. Another gripe is that it highlights some pores (see below.)

I really really REALLY like the dewy finish, especially as I get older; I use Tazorac, so I have fewer wrinkles, but the surface of my skin tends to be a bit dry, and JI's BB cream mitigates that look. It's dewy, but definitely not greasy.

That being said, I have an area on my cheeks where liquid/cream foundations highlight my pores, even though the pores there are non-existent when bare, which is why I started with the JI Amazing Base because her AB does not show up there. I was disappointed to see that JI BB cream showed up there even with primer. So, now I'm wondering why I'd even bother with her BB cream, given it doesn't have a strong enough SS AND shows up on my cheek pores, highlighting them (not flattering:lol!)

So, I'm not sure how I feel yet. Haven't used it long enough to see if it's going to break me out, particularly with the 'cones in it, and am not sure yet about the primer except that it smells amazing. I bought it from Nordstroms, though, so can return if I have probs.