Jane Iredale Glow Time BB Cream

3.6

Not tested on animals

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

i have caucasian skin that i suppose is olive with a warm undertone. In the winter I still look darker even though I am pale. Impossible to find shade that works for me. Why are Caucasian skin darker foundations damn orangey or damn chalky ? Becca Olive foundation while great coverage is so so chalky on Olive skin at least mine. Tooo light in color. I have been usng shade 9 BB cream for years and will never change. I have dry skin so the moisturizing cream texture makes application supereasy. No streaking and with primer Glow time stays presentable for eight hours. I have really dark circles and some discoloration and Glowtime covers them with a concealer under eyes after application. The shade itself is unique It looks darker in tube for some but on my face its perfect even in winter. No discoloration from neck I absolutely love this foundation it feels moisturizing on my skin and does not separate nor show pores. I do not need setting powder but I have started to use some just under eye area and around nose for winter paleness. Please if your skin tone sounds like mine dont let the shade itself make you run. The undertone leaves no orange and no gray its not warm its not red its kind of neutral but leaves a nice warm tone to skin. The overall effect is totally natural and not a matte finish. The finish is kind of dewy which is awesome.

Amazing. I'm nearly 30 and this makes me look 16 again. Lol but seriously this stuff is worth the price because it is so concentrated. I bet it would take me at least 6 months of daily use to get through the whole bottle. Absolutely full coverage, smoothing, hydrating, but not greasy. Impressive wear time for a BB cream. I even use it as a concealer for minor imperfections and under the eyes. For reference, I have stubborn combination skin that can be oily or dry depending on the climate.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my new HG foundation + sunscreen! So far my favorite has been Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundation, but honestly VD is a little too drying. But JI Glow Time BB has as good of coverage + sun protection as VD but neither drying nor shiny/oily. It also has a better color match. Even the lightest shade "Opal" of VD was a little too dark/yellow/warm for me. Although I am Asian, since my skin is fair-light and cool undertoned, Glow Time "#3", which has a hint of pink, works a lot better for me. When it comes to coverage though, NOTHING outperforms VD. Period.

I recently switched all of my makeup over to Jane Iredale per my esthetician's recommendation and I am so happy I did. I purchased the Smooth Affair primer, Glow Time BB cream in BB7 as well as the pure pressed powder. I have oily dry combo skin with yellow undertones.

There are a number of ways to use this BB cream. You can use your fingers, a brush, a beauty blender sponge, or mixed in with your primer. I use this product with my foundation brush but plan on getting a beauty blender. When mixed in with the primer you get a more sheer result and when applied with hands or brush you get more coverage. You only need a very small amount of this product. And I mean small. Think "BB" size. This amount covers my entire face. If I use more, I look cakey and just too much. This is considered a full coverage foundation and it does a wonderful job at covering any redness, skin pigmentation or blemishes.

The finish of this product is very dewy so keep that in mind if you like a more matte finish. Since I have oily skin this *can* accentuate my shine, but since I use such a small amount, it doesn't get too out of control.

I get compliments often on my skin since switching over to Jane Iredale. Since I have acne prone skin, I get so nervous trying new products. When I started using this line (Smooth Affair + Glow Time + Pure Press) I noticed an almost instant difference in my skin. I felt like it could breath. At first I did think the Smooth Affair and Glow Time were causing me to break out, but now my skin is clear and so incredibly soft. It looks and feels so much healthier than before. It does take some patience like with anything else, so give it at least a month to notice results.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Originally I didn't like this product. I started out using BB3 which looked really heavy, settled in my lines, and just didn't look right. Turns out half the problem was that the color wasn't right. I contacted JI customer service and they sent me a generous sample of BB5. Now, I think these run light, as I wear Bisque in the Amazing Base, which should be MUCH lighter than BB5 according to their descriptions. But BB5 looks good. A good color match is a must. And then there is application. I feel like I was applying way too much, at first. After talking with their customer service and reading lots of reviews, I now use a few small dabs and blend with my fingers or a sponge and it looks really great. Very, very smooth and perfect.
After all the initial bumps in the road, this is now one of my favorite foundations. The coverage is great, I love the color, the SPF is perfect for daily intermittent sun exposure. It's not too glowy or too matte. And I think the tube will last forever with how little I actually need to use. I don't find this terribly thick or hard to blend. My skin is pretty dry but so far it doesn't dry it out any more or anything (this was a problem with JI Dream Tint tinted moisturizer. NOT moisturizing on me by a long shot!). In the winter, I think I can mix the BB3 that I have with the BB5 and it will work nicely (and use up the "too light" color). It is pricey, but really well worth it.
Edited to add: this BB is more than enough coverage for me on its own, but on days when I know I'm going to be needing to look extra polished, or working really late, I use a dusting of Amazing Base mineral powder over this. Looks absolutely perfect all day long that way.

I like this foundation. It's great to have a perfect color match. Most foundations are too dark on me. I have a NC10-15 neck, and NW20 face, so I have to match my foundation to my neck. I was not sure if I needed BB1 or BB3. Fortunately, if you email Jane Iredale they will send you samples in the mail. I found out I am a perfect match to BB1, a yellow based shade. Many of the lightest shades in a foundation range in other brands run pink and I am unable to buy them.

This BB cream has great coverage, like a medium to heavy coverage foundation. I like that. You don't need much product. I have to apply with a Real Techniques beauty blender sponge to blend it evenly over my face. I think that is the best application method. Wear is all day. Product did not have any smell that I could detect. I have oily combination skin, and did experience some oil breakthrough so have to blot during the day, but that is not unusual for me.

It is on the pricey side for foundation, but you get 1.7 oz, instead of the standard 1 oz. I plan to repurchase.

This product is so excellent. I love the feeling of BB creams in general but a lot of them are too close to being the same as a tinted moisturizer, however this product was a pleasant surprise. It applies so easily with your fingers, perfectly blended in seconds. I've found with BB creams such as the products from Maybelline and Rimmel they often apply quite patchy. This product is full coverage but is by no means the same as a full coverage foundation, it doesn't apply heavily and is barely felt on the skin. I find that after a few minutes it sinks properly into the skin and features like freckles are still visible so it leaves a very natural finish. The finish is dewy as suggested by the name of the product but doesn't leave a sticky feeling on the face, and lasts all day. With most other BB creams I've noticed that if i touch my face at all throughout the day the product is gone by the end. This product minimizes pores, is water resistant, is completely vegan, and cruelty free. This is on the pricier side however I haven't found a BB cream up to the same standard at the drugstore, so I'm perfectly willing to repurchase.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I have been using this for just under a year in shade BB5 and I LOVE IT! It has an amazing coverage, makes my skin look flawless and glowing (which is quite a feat as I do not have naturally perfect skin!) I apply a pearl sized amount using the Beauty Blender Pro. This formula also smells amazing and no synthetic fragrance, it's amazing fruity smell comes from all the fruit extracts inside. When I wear this I know that it is not harming my skin or clogging my pores which is always nice. I have combination,spot prone skin and find that applied over primer and set with powder this lasts around 12 hours (I am going to test it with the Urban Decay Make up Setting Spray to see if this elongates the wear at all, will report back!)

Honestly, I don't *want* to like this BB cream. It's really expensive, and I hate the idea of loving such a pricey product. But it's just so damn good. I am VERY obsessed with high coverage products and I want a perfect, even complexion to work off of, and inexplicably, this *BB cream* offers that with a minimal amount of product. Like, I can get very decent coverage with a pea-sized amount, probably less.

I started off with the Garnier BB cream, which was...underwhelming and made my eyes burn (LPT: read the freakin' packaging). Then, out of curiosity, I picked this up (it's my mother's). It made a world of difference. It covered like a foundation, blurred out my pores, matched BOTH our skintones (she tans, I don't), and is just overall...awesome.

I'm now venturing into Korean BB creams after trying this. I had a bad experience with one, and to be honest, I'm worried that this product has set the bar impossibly high. Will I find a quality BB cream that's just as good as the Jane Iredale Glow Time (or even better)? Who knows. But for now, this is a HG BB cream...even though it's hideously expensive.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this at the Nordstrom Spa in downtown Seattle and they walked me through various ways of applying either for full coverage (apply without blending with any lotion) or light coverage. For a matte, polished look I use the face powder by the same brand. My skin is nether oily or dry from it's use and it hasn't caused any breakouts. For application I use the pink beauty blender sponge.