Jane Iredale Glow Time BB Cream

3.6

Not tested on animals

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I was excited to try the BB Cream, thinking it must be fantastic for the price I payed. I was so disappointed. It was so thick and settled into every little wrinkle. My husband told me I looked like I should be in a casket for viewing!! Really it did remind me of that. I'll stick with my Loreal or Rimmel.

I find it too dry, too thick & too heavy a consistency. It sat on my skin & was hard to blend it in. I have liked all the Jane Iredale foundations I've tried so far. Especially Amazing Base & pure pressed foundation. Just couldn't get a glow from using this & unfortunately have ended up putting it in the bin.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Really wanted this to work. The color BB6 is perfect for my NC20-25 skin and just a tiny bit blended with my fingers over my sunscreen gives great coverage for my tiny spots and veins but does not look masky (the key is to use very thin layers and go over problem areas). It's yellow enough to cover any redness but doesnt look like egg yolk once it settles and blends in. Lovely natural finish/not greasy. Coverage lasts all day, even in humid weather.

BUT... the ingredients are pure D I S A S T E R for me: Aloe vera, Cyclopentasiloxane ... UGH. Every time I wear this, no matter how scrupulously I double cleanse and use salicylic acid toner>>>a bit zit somewhere forms. I shoulda known!

Terrible. Broke me out so badly! The colour range is also limited... Chucking it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This caused me to breakout - huge cystic pimples on my chin which only started to disappear once I worked out this bb cream was the culprit. I also found it had poor coverage and was drying. I like jane iredale but this is a no for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Awful. Not sure if this, or that gawd-awful Nerium product, was the culprit behind my worst breakout in years. Regardless...this product sits in pores, making them look even bigger. It accentuates dry, flaky spots. It is difficult to spread, although it is easier to do so immediately after applying moisturizer. Awful.

This cream pools in the pores on my nose, making me look polka-dotted. It sits on top of the skin instead of sinking in, so it looks really obvious no matter how little I use. I have to give it a long time to settle before it starts to look natural. Even then, the polka-dots remain. If you have invisible pores, then this might work for you.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I've seen a lot of good reviews on this, but I almost died laughing when I put it on my face! It looked like I covered myself with yellow chalk. The worse thing was that I had some on my hands, and when I went to wash my hands it wouldn't come off with soap. So I got my facial cleanser, washed my face and hands twice, and it still didn't come off. Then I got a bar of soap and had to wash twice more and scrub with a washcloth. Clearly, this is not for me!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Okay, I absolutely hate writing this review because I am a HUGE fan of everything the PurePressed powder has done for my face... But I had to face the truth that this BB cream was literally the only thing I added to my skin and makeup routine in the last 2 weeks during which my face has been breaking out like a volcano. I don't remember the last time my face went through such a COMPLETE meltdown. Since getting on the skincare regimen I have been on for the last 2 years, I haven't had much more than the occasional bump here and there concentrated around the time of month. But since trying out the BB cream, my face has been erupting like it's on an agenda to completely drive me insane. Unfortunately, the blame simply has to be placed on this product because literally everything else has remained the same. Perhaps it is going through a purging phase... I don't ever hear this being a sideeffect of BB cream though (or, makeup in general honestly). So, this is going back to the store and I am going to try tame my poor face down. This is what I get for trying something new out!

Also, if your face is in anyway what you'd consider "very oily," steer VERY clear. This product goes on very dewy, which is great for someone with normal skin because it looks natural, but for us oilier gals, it pretty much spells disaster within an hour.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

EDIT: NEVERMIND. Have been using this off and on for a year and I JUST figured out that it's the cause of my sporadic breakouts. Because I wasn't using it consistently, I couldn't figure out what was causing me to break out so badly. But lately I've been using this more and more, and the more I use it, the worse my skin gets. I'm talking breakouts like I haven't had since my teens-- I had to start using Proactiv again! I finally threw this in the trash and within a week my skin was 90% better. I'm actually ANGRY at this product and at the people at Jane Iredale who won my trust with their pressed mineral foundation and then threw this silicone bomb at me. Garbage. Absolute garbage.

I bought this as a happy accident- I was actually in my salon looking for a slightly darker shade of pressed powder for summer when they showed me this new product. I ended up getting both the Smooth Affair and this BB cream and I have to say, all three used together (primer, bb, pressed powder) creates an airbrushed, natural look that I've never been able to achieve before. Other reviewers have noted that there's not a huge color selection, but the great thing about this product is that it sort of adapts to your skin tone after a few minutes. I've been wearing this daily for several weeks and it looks just as good five hours after I put it on as it does twenty minutes after. I will say that I'm super oily and this definitely doesn't do anything to help that; I'm used to blotting throughout the day, though, so that's not really a big deal. Another thing- reviewers keep mentioning that a little goes a long way? Yeah. A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY. Think half a pea. Just a teeny, teeny bit. I apply this with my fingers (it seems to melt better and spread more easily this way) and anything more than the smallest amount will look cakey. Oh! And this doesn't break me out AT ALL. That's how I found Jane Iredale in the first place- EVEYTHING breaks me out except Jane Iredale and Jan Marini, and this product is no exception. I really love it.