Jane Iredale Glow Time BB Cream

3.6

Not tested on animals

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I absolutely love this for the winter. It is very heavy, full coverage. I apply it with a damp sponge, often spritzing the product with extra water, and start out by dabbing all over my face and then blending blending blending. As others have noted, it is heavy coverage, a little goes a long way, so blending takes a little more doing than for other foundation. I believe that I am NC25/NC30 (Asian) though I haven't worn MAC in years. I wear Smashbox 15-hr in 2.1, LM in "Nude," Bare Minerals in "Fairly Light." For this foundation I wear BB6 and I love the way it looks; I am lucky in that a salon near me sells the product so I was able to have someone help me and pick out a color. I would never have picked out BB6 online. FWIW I love looking yellow. It evens me out, covers imperfections. When I've taken selfies my sisters have asked if I did "beauty mode." And then, as always, I finish with setting powder and the product stays on all day. I won't, however, wear this in the summer. I can't imagine having this level of coverage in the heat and humidity. The cons are as follows: it literally smells like wet paint when I first squeeze it onto my sponge, which I find alarming. Also, I wanted to try Jane Iredale because I wanted to switch to products with fewer "scary" ingredients. Without researching much and simply trusting the brand, I'm finding that was a mistake because this has a lot of silicone ingredients in it. But I love the coverage so much I will likely re-buy next winter.

Amazing. I'm nearly 30 and this makes me look 16 again. Lol but seriously this stuff is worth the price because it is so concentrated. I bet it would take me at least 6 months of daily use to get through the whole bottle. Absolutely full coverage, smoothing, hydrating, but not greasy. Impressive wear time for a BB cream. I even use it as a concealer for minor imperfections and under the eyes. For reference, I have stubborn combination skin that can be oily or dry depending on the climate.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my new HG foundation + sunscreen! So far my favorite has been Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundation, but honestly VD is a little too drying. But JI Glow Time BB has as good of coverage + sun protection as VD but neither drying nor shiny/oily. It also has a better color match. Even the lightest shade "Opal" of VD was a little too dark/yellow/warm for me. Although I am Asian, since my skin is fair-light and cool undertoned, Glow Time "#3", which has a hint of pink, works a lot better for me. When it comes to coverage though, NOTHING outperforms VD. Period.

So I got a sample of this from a salon - it was the lightest shade, and ended up being too light for me, but the store was out of the next shade, bb 5, I think? I went back and got a sample of that one, and talk about weird. When first applied, it was beautiful. A good color match, lightly mattifying, great coverage, great under concealer and blush, and it felt good. But wow, none of that lasts very long. I only had about a nine hour day, and it was a patchy mess by the end of it, with some spots flaking off and others greasy and slick. I'm busy at work, and don't have much time for touch ups except lip products, so that doesn't work for me. The kicker, though, was washing it off to a good sized spot of raised, itchy skin on my cheek, and a new zit forming by the corner of my mouth - and I rarely break out, except occasionally along my jaw. I was hoping this product would work for me, because it has more coverage than the average bb cream and a high percentage of physical sunscreen. For a bb cream, it's very expensive at 48 bucks a tube. I won't be buying this, though.

I recently switched all of my makeup over to Jane Iredale per my esthetician's recommendation and I am so happy I did. I purchased the Smooth Affair primer, Glow Time BB cream in BB7 as well as the pure pressed powder. I have oily dry combo skin with yellow undertones.

There are a number of ways to use this BB cream. You can use your fingers, a brush, a beauty blender sponge, or mixed in with your primer. I use this product with my foundation brush but plan on getting a beauty blender. When mixed in with the primer you get a more sheer result and when applied with hands or brush you get more coverage. You only need a very small amount of this product. And I mean small. Think "BB" size. This amount covers my entire face. If I use more, I look cakey and just too much. This is considered a full coverage foundation and it does a wonderful job at covering any redness, skin pigmentation or blemishes.

The finish of this product is very dewy so keep that in mind if you like a more matte finish. Since I have oily skin this *can* accentuate my shine, but since I use such a small amount, it doesn't get too out of control.

I get compliments often on my skin since switching over to Jane Iredale. Since I have acne prone skin, I get so nervous trying new products. When I started using this line (Smooth Affair + Glow Time + Pure Press) I noticed an almost instant difference in my skin. I felt like it could breath. At first I did think the Smooth Affair and Glow Time were causing me to break out, but now my skin is clear and so incredibly soft. It looks and feels so much healthier than before. It does take some patience like with anything else, so give it at least a month to notice results.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hard to match the right color, I have bb1 which is super pink and bb5 which is really yellow,I'm hoping mixing will help neutralize it. I guess I didn't pay attention when I originally bought it because it's full of -cones which break me out.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Originally I didn't like this product. I started out using BB3 which looked really heavy, settled in my lines, and just didn't look right. Turns out half the problem was that the color wasn't right. I contacted JI customer service and they sent me a generous sample of BB5. Now, I think these run light, as I wear Bisque in the Amazing Base, which should be MUCH lighter than BB5 according to their descriptions. But BB5 looks good. A good color match is a must. And then there is application. I feel like I was applying way too much, at first. After talking with their customer service and reading lots of reviews, I now use a few small dabs and blend with my fingers or a sponge and it looks really great. Very, very smooth and perfect.
After all the initial bumps in the road, this is now one of my favorite foundations. The coverage is great, I love the color, the SPF is perfect for daily intermittent sun exposure. It's not too glowy or too matte. And I think the tube will last forever with how little I actually need to use. I don't find this terribly thick or hard to blend. My skin is pretty dry but so far it doesn't dry it out any more or anything (this was a problem with JI Dream Tint tinted moisturizer. NOT moisturizing on me by a long shot!). In the winter, I think I can mix the BB3 that I have with the BB5 and it will work nicely (and use up the "too light" color). It is pricey, but really well worth it.
Edited to add: this BB is more than enough coverage for me on its own, but on days when I know I'm going to be needing to look extra polished, or working really late, I use a dusting of Amazing Base mineral powder over this. Looks absolutely perfect all day long that way.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I was excited to try the BB Cream, thinking it must be fantastic for the price I payed. I was so disappointed. It was so thick and settled into every little wrinkle. My husband told me I looked like I should be in a casket for viewing!! Really it did remind me of that. I'll stick with my Loreal or Rimmel.

I like this foundation. It's great to have a perfect color match. Most foundations are too dark on me. I have a NC10-15 neck, and NW20 face, so I have to match my foundation to my neck. I was not sure if I needed BB1 or BB3. Fortunately, if you email Jane Iredale they will send you samples in the mail. I found out I am a perfect match to BB1, a yellow based shade. Many of the lightest shades in a foundation range in other brands run pink and I am unable to buy them.

This BB cream has great coverage, like a medium to heavy coverage foundation. I like that. You don't need much product. I have to apply with a Real Techniques beauty blender sponge to blend it evenly over my face. I think that is the best application method. Wear is all day. Product did not have any smell that I could detect. I have oily combination skin, and did experience some oil breakthrough so have to blot during the day, but that is not unusual for me.

It is on the pricey side for foundation, but you get 1.7 oz, instead of the standard 1 oz. I plan to repurchase.

Love! It is everything I want to cover up my comodones, and more! It is thick but it does not bother me, a light florally smell...and no need to feel like it is bothering your skin because, it is very gentle and healthy as it contains vitamins and minerals.