Jane Iredale Glow Time Full-Coverage Mineral BB Cream

3.6

Not tested on animals

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have very sensitive acne prone skin and have a hard time finding makeup that doesn't cause a reaction or break me out. I love this BB cream because it's really full coverage and it never causes a reaction in my skin. I also find it's a better match for my skin colour than Jane Iredale's other products. I do find it can separate from my skin after a long day but I don't mind because it's the only foundation I've tried that doesn't break me out. Overall, I really love it.

This broke my face out sooooo badly. I never have had issues with acne but I developed cystic acne all along my jawline. I started using prescription acne medicine to help but then one day realized my acne started when I switched to this product. As soon as I stopped using this product, the new zits stopped coming up. I will NEVER use this brand again.

Brought this product because I heard so many great reviews, and have been using this for 4 months, but the product is just not working for me. I use a foundation brush to apply a thin layer of the product, and it looks like it is blended into my skin for the first hour or so, but I then find the product sitting on my skin for the rest of the day. It also moves around a lot even if I set it with a powder or spray, you could literally see a stroke on my face, which is a bit odd as my skin isn't oily at all. I didn't quite get the right shade either as I was only able to order this online in Australia, BB5 is extremely yellow, so unless your skin tone is very yellowish, go for BB3. I love mineral products, and really wished that this would work for me, but sadly I had to switch to another product and chuck this in the bin.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product, probably over a year ago, because I had run out of BB (or CC) cream and was in a fairly rural place where it was the only "luxury" brand I could easily find and buy. I even tried it on and compared it to another Jane Iredale product. It says that it's "full" coverage *(which I didn't know because I didn't read the package before I bought it) but I'd call it heavy industrial and it's very hard to put on and blend. And that's not all: on me, somehow the shade I picked makes me look overly yellow. If you're contemplating appearing as a Kabuki, maybe... All in all, a terrible purchase, and what's more, I really can't blame anyone but myself. Cheap as I am, am contemplating throwing it out because I shouldn't ever be tempted to put it on again.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have pretty normal skin and this just looked like an oilly mess on my face after about 3 hours! The coverage is light to medium and it would've been perfect for days when I wanted a lighter makeup day however the oil slick is a no no.

This stuff is perfect well worth the bucks. Not only did it last through the day, my skin didn’t feel dirty, sticky and uncomfortable unlike after applying normal B.B. cream and foundation. I set it with a mineral powder and it stayed on everywhere but my chin, which is understandable because I suffer rosacea and hormonal acne there. I struggle to keep makeup on my face and it’s hard to run to the toilet at work every hour to top up and conceal all my blemishes. Until I bought this, life changed.
Not incredibly keen on the bottle but could be worse, at least it is light weight and easy to carry in your bag or keep in your car.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I'm 53 with a true olive undertone (Japanese mix) and very hard to match. My skin was very oily but has become more "normal" with age. I have some redness showing up on my cheeks from broken capillaries/dark circles under my eye and I needed more coverage than the Pressed powder (Jane Iredale, golden glow) could offer. LOVED the powder but needed more coverage. I would say that this might not be a good match for someone with oily skin, it's very moisturizing. Probably would slide off and gather in places. Normal to dry skin would be a better fit. I detect no odor at all. It has great coverage and does oxidizes very natural, unlike a mask. Gives a kind of dewy look on the skin. Applying can be troublesome since it's very thick and hard to spread with brush or hands. I suggest applying very soon after putting on your moisturizer to help spread out evenly. But once it has some time, it melts into your skin very nicely and looks natural. So far my skin seems to like it and I have no breakouts.

What I like: Yellow shades (Oxides into a true yellow and not peach color), Stuff does not move, stays on all day with or without a setting powder, smooth FULL coverage, gives a nice natural finish, not matte but not too shiny.

What I don't like: Really thick and dry, hard to smooth out with brush or fingers, kind of hard to remove but that's what you pay for long lasting foundation.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I like this BB cream. It's not perfect, but it's a lot better than several other BB or CC creams I've tried.

Pros: I have sensitive skin that is easily irritated, but this doesn't break me out in a rash or make my face itchy or tight. If you have sensitive, reactive skin, give this a try. BB 3 is as close as I've found to a perfect match for my fair skin. I don't typically wear full makeup, so this is heavy coverage for me. It covers spots well and gives me a nice even skin tone. I get the most natural looking application when I blend with a brush. For me, it works nicely as an under-the-eye concealer as well.

Cons: It makes my laugh lines look more pronounced, but that's not a huge deal-breaker for me.

I tend to like slightly lighter coverage. So far, I like the finish of Nars tinted moisturizer (Finland) better, but the color match is a little better with the Jane Iredale BB cream.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

i have caucasian skin that i suppose is olive with a warm undertone. In the winter I still look darker even though I am pale. Impossible to find shade that works for me. Why are Caucasian skin darker foundations damn orangey or damn chalky ? Becca Olive foundation while great coverage is so so chalky on Olive skin at least mine. Tooo light in color. I have been usng shade 9 BB cream for years and will never change. I have dry skin so the moisturizing cream texture makes application supereasy. No streaking and with primer Glow time stays presentable for eight hours. I have really dark circles and some discoloration and Glowtime covers them with a concealer under eyes after application. The shade itself is unique It looks darker in tube for some but on my face its perfect even in winter. No discoloration from neck I absolutely love this foundation it feels moisturizing on my skin and does not separate nor show pores. I do not need setting powder but I have started to use some just under eye area and around nose for winter paleness. Please if your skin tone sounds like mine dont let the shade itself make you run. The undertone leaves no orange and no gray its not warm its not red its kind of neutral but leaves a nice warm tone to skin. The overall effect is totally natural and not a matte finish. The finish is kind of dewy which is awesome.

I use this on the weekends. It can go on somewhat streaky if you don't moisturize and blend well. It's best to use this as "less is more" strategy and more like a robust tinted moisturizer, not as full foundation option. YOU NEED TO SET THIS WITH A POWDER. It does break down around the t-zone after 6 hours or so. But, if you want a softly tinted moisturizer to just keep it moving on a Saturday afternoon that won't break you out, it's great.

I used to really love this, and I think I'm not sure why. It doesn't have great coverage, you need to really load up to cover blemishes. It does tend toward shiny/oil by end of day, and it transfers to clothing or fingers if you touch your face in the day. But for some reason, I kept using it and still do. Now I just limit it to weekends b/c it's not going to give you the full face professional coverage I like for work.