Jane Iredale Glow Time BB Cream

Filtered by age: 56 & Over

3.1

Not tested on animals

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

i have caucasian skin that i suppose is olive with a warm undertone. In the winter I still look darker even though I am pale. Impossible to find shade that works for me. Why are Caucasian skin darker foundations damn orangey or damn chalky ? Becca Olive foundation while great coverage is so so chalky on Olive skin at least mine. Tooo light in color. I have been usng shade 9 BB cream for years and will never change. I have dry skin so the moisturizing cream texture makes application supereasy. No streaking and with primer Glow time stays presentable for eight hours. I have really dark circles and some discoloration and Glowtime covers them with a concealer under eyes after application. The shade itself is unique It looks darker in tube for some but on my face its perfect even in winter. No discoloration from neck I absolutely love this foundation it feels moisturizing on my skin and does not separate nor show pores. I do not need setting powder but I have started to use some just under eye area and around nose for winter paleness. Please if your skin tone sounds like mine dont let the shade itself make you run. The undertone leaves no orange and no gray its not warm its not red its kind of neutral but leaves a nice warm tone to skin. The overall effect is totally natural and not a matte finish. The finish is kind of dewy which is awesome.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I was excited to try the BB Cream, thinking it must be fantastic for the price I payed. I was so disappointed. It was so thick and settled into every little wrinkle. My husband told me I looked like I should be in a casket for viewing!! Really it did remind me of that. I'll stick with my Loreal or Rimmel.

I like this foundation. It's great to have a perfect color match. Most foundations are too dark on me. I have a NC10-15 neck, and NW20 face, so I have to match my foundation to my neck. I was not sure if I needed BB1 or BB3. Fortunately, if you email Jane Iredale they will send you samples in the mail. I found out I am a perfect match to BB1, a yellow based shade. Many of the lightest shades in a foundation range in other brands run pink and I am unable to buy them.

This BB cream has great coverage, like a medium to heavy coverage foundation. I like that. You don't need much product. I have to apply with a Real Techniques beauty blender sponge to blend it evenly over my face. I think that is the best application method. Wear is all day. Product did not have any smell that I could detect. I have oily combination skin, and did experience some oil breakthrough so have to blot during the day, but that is not unusual for me.

It is on the pricey side for foundation, but you get 1.7 oz, instead of the standard 1 oz. I plan to repurchase.

I find it too dry, too thick & too heavy a consistency. It sat on my skin & was hard to blend it in. I have liked all the Jane Iredale foundations I've tried so far. Especially Amazing Base & pure pressed foundation. Just couldn't get a glow from using this & unfortunately have ended up putting it in the bin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I wanted a break from products laden with parabens and decided to give JI BB cream a whirl since I'd had a good experience with their liquid minerals in the past but I wanted something with a fairly high SPF to use while vacationing on Martha's Vineyard. It's easy to travel with and along with the primer goes on nicely. My problem was the color range. I'm usually the second lightest foundation in most lines but the BB3 was pasty on me and the BB5 was way too yellow--like Dijon mustard yellow. I'd definitely repurchase if they added more skin-like colors to the line.

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I have only been using the bb cream3 for a short period, but am very impressed so far. It covers my rosacea redness extremely well, and I like that it serves as concealer, sunscreen and supplements my moisturizer. It takes a few minutes to settle into my skin, but is virtually invisible. The price is comparable for similar quality products, and, since you use so little per application I do not anticipate having to purchase more than once or twice per year. I noticed that some reviewers had issues with breakouts and/or difficulty removing the product effectively. I cleanse with a Clarisonic oscillating brush, and it cleans my face (I am 60+ and on the dry side) gently and thoroughly.

a bb cream should perform as advertised. I've bought two shades of this and it makes my skin look chalky and flaky. sorry but I don't think I should have to prop it up with other products. disappointed.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I ordered a sample of this and used a beautyblender sponge to apply. I was very impressed with the coverage and how smoothly it looked on my skin. The PROBLEM presented itself two days later when my face started to break out and I noticed it was really clogging my pores. I suggest getting a sample first because I would have never thought this would happen with a Jane Iredale product. My skin didn't like this at all! I do have skin allergies but this is suppose to be paraben free. Can't figure this one out at all! UPDATE: The reason my skin does not like this is because it is loaded with citric acid just like It Cosmetics CC+ cream. Wish I could find products like these without Citric Acid. Really love the coverage and staying power.