Jane Iredale Glow Time BB Cream

Filtered by skin type : Oily age: 36-43

2.0

Not tested on animals

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this while visiting a spa, still in a haze of bliss and determined to be treating my skin to the "healthier" options. I was looking for something with more of a glow than my regular double wear that I could use every day but still had a bit of coverage.

When I saw the glowtime I thought great. It has spf, coverage and would give me a glow. All good. The assistant recommended BB6 for me. I also ended up buying the amazing base as a setting powder. Not sure this was the best advice from the assistant as I've since discovered this is a foundation all of its own. But I just used a light dusting to set the BB.

The first thing that struck me was the thickness of the product. A pea sized amount was recommended. So i dotted it on my skin and duly blended using my real techniques expert face brush. I have quite a bit of hyperpigmentation so I found that a pea sized amount well blended is not enough. I had to go back over the worst areas and stipple over these areas.

The colour of this is quite yellow which is great for minimising redness. You have to be careful to blend very well. It does give a lovely glow to the skin and I must say I looked younger and fresher with this.

However after a little while (about an hour) I found that this started to feel very oily on my t-zone area. I found I needed to blot very regularly in order to keep shine at bay and to stop the foundation seperating. By the end of the day it had disappeared form my t-zone but remained everywhere else. Not ideal really.

This may work for me if i used the jane iredale primer and the matt finishing powders but to be honest I was not impressed enough to part with more cash in the hope of making this product work. I think there are plenty more products that can do what this product offers at a more affordable price.

I have a bugbear about these companies like bare minerals and jane iredale in that you cannot just seem to use one product from their lines. If you but one you seem to have to buy a whole range of products to make it work. I had a bad experience of this with bare minerals too a few years ago. Spent an absolute fortune and ended up with a load of products I just couldnt use.

While I'm on a roll another bugbear about these products - they are designed and advertised to be great for acne and rosacea skin types. I went to the jane iredale site for application tips. Not one demo of covering acne or rosacea to be found. Just models with. flawless skin. Not a great inspiration for those with problem skin to invest i think.

All in all I think EUR 104 was enough to part with for what is after all a mediocre product in my opinion.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

EDIT: NEVERMIND. Have been using this off and on for a year and I JUST figured out that it's the cause of my sporadic breakouts. Because I wasn't using it consistently, I couldn't figure out what was causing me to break out so badly. But lately I've been using this more and more, and the more I use it, the worse my skin gets. I'm talking breakouts like I haven't had since my teens-- I had to start using Proactiv again! I finally threw this in the trash and within a week my skin was 90% better. I'm actually ANGRY at this product and at the people at Jane Iredale who won my trust with their pressed mineral foundation and then threw this silicone bomb at me. Garbage. Absolute garbage.

I bought this as a happy accident- I was actually in my salon looking for a slightly darker shade of pressed powder for summer when they showed me this new product. I ended up getting both the Smooth Affair and this BB cream and I have to say, all three used together (primer, bb, pressed powder) creates an airbrushed, natural look that I've never been able to achieve before. Other reviewers have noted that there's not a huge color selection, but the great thing about this product is that it sort of adapts to your skin tone after a few minutes. I've been wearing this daily for several weeks and it looks just as good five hours after I put it on as it does twenty minutes after. I will say that I'm super oily and this definitely doesn't do anything to help that; I'm used to blotting throughout the day, though, so that's not really a big deal. Another thing- reviewers keep mentioning that a little goes a long way? Yeah. A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY. Think half a pea. Just a teeny, teeny bit. I apply this with my fingers (it seems to melt better and spread more easily this way) and anything more than the smallest amount will look cakey. Oh! And this doesn't break me out AT ALL. That's how I found Jane Iredale in the first place- EVEYTHING breaks me out except Jane Iredale and Jan Marini, and this product is no exception. I really love it.