Jane Iredale Glow Time BB Cream

Filtered by age: 36-43

3.6

Not tested on animals

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I absolutely love this for the winter. It is very heavy, full coverage. I apply it with a damp sponge, often spritzing the product with extra water, and start out by dabbing all over my face and then blending blending blending. As others have noted, it is heavy coverage, a little goes a long way, so blending takes a little more doing than for other foundation. I believe that I am NC25/NC30 (Asian) though I haven't worn MAC in years. I wear Smashbox 15-hr in 2.1, LM in "Nude," Bare Minerals in "Fairly Light." For this foundation I wear BB6 and I love the way it looks; I am lucky in that a salon near me sells the product so I was able to have someone help me and pick out a color. I would never have picked out BB6 online. FWIW I love looking yellow. It evens me out, covers imperfections. When I've taken selfies my sisters have asked if I did "beauty mode." And then, as always, I finish with setting powder and the product stays on all day. I won't, however, wear this in the summer. I can't imagine having this level of coverage in the heat and humidity. The cons are as follows: it literally smells like wet paint when I first squeeze it onto my sponge, which I find alarming. Also, I wanted to try Jane Iredale because I wanted to switch to products with fewer "scary" ingredients. Without researching much and simply trusting the brand, I'm finding that was a mistake because this has a lot of silicone ingredients in it. But I love the coverage so much I will likely re-buy next winter.

I don't know, I love this stuff and at the same time I hate it. I am so torn, but for the price I think I need to move on and find something that I adore.

I love:
- That its a mineral foundation. Everyone who knows anything about skin (primarily my facialist) tells me I need to use good mineral foudation.
- Its FULL coverage. The name "BB Cream" is deceiving. This is a full on foundation that does great at covering my redness and skin imperfections.
- SPF is always a good thing
- Easy to apply and blend. The saleswoman told me to apply with my fingers, which I prefer.
- Packaging is cute and product is easy to dispense

I don't love:
- Biggest con is that I find I get shiny by mid morning. i blot and blot and blot, but by afternoon all the foundation is gone. I bought several different primers (including the Jane Iredale primer) and nothing keeps the product on! That's pretty much my only beef with the product.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Really wanted this to work. The color BB6 is perfect for my NC20-25 skin and just a tiny bit blended with my fingers over my sunscreen gives great coverage for my tiny spots and veins but does not look masky (the key is to use very thin layers and go over problem areas). It's yellow enough to cover any redness but doesnt look like egg yolk once it settles and blends in. Lovely natural finish/not greasy. Coverage lasts all day, even in humid weather.

BUT... the ingredients are pure D I S A S T E R for me: Aloe vera, Cyclopentasiloxane ... UGH. Every time I wear this, no matter how scrupulously I double cleanse and use salicylic acid toner>>>a bit zit somewhere forms. I shoulda known!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this while visiting a spa, still in a haze of bliss and determined to be treating my skin to the "healthier" options. I was looking for something with more of a glow than my regular double wear that I could use every day but still had a bit of coverage.

When I saw the glowtime I thought great. It has spf, coverage and would give me a glow. All good. The assistant recommended BB6 for me. I also ended up buying the amazing base as a setting powder. Not sure this was the best advice from the assistant as I've since discovered this is a foundation all of its own. But I just used a light dusting to set the BB.

The first thing that struck me was the thickness of the product. A pea sized amount was recommended. So i dotted it on my skin and duly blended using my real techniques expert face brush. I have quite a bit of hyperpigmentation so I found that a pea sized amount well blended is not enough. I had to go back over the worst areas and stipple over these areas.

The colour of this is quite yellow which is great for minimising redness. You have to be careful to blend very well. It does give a lovely glow to the skin and I must say I looked younger and fresher with this.

However after a little while (about an hour) I found that this started to feel very oily on my t-zone area. I found I needed to blot very regularly in order to keep shine at bay and to stop the foundation seperating. By the end of the day it had disappeared form my t-zone but remained everywhere else. Not ideal really.

This may work for me if i used the jane iredale primer and the matt finishing powders but to be honest I was not impressed enough to part with more cash in the hope of making this product work. I think there are plenty more products that can do what this product offers at a more affordable price.

I have a bugbear about these companies like bare minerals and jane iredale in that you cannot just seem to use one product from their lines. If you but one you seem to have to buy a whole range of products to make it work. I had a bad experience of this with bare minerals too a few years ago. Spent an absolute fortune and ended up with a load of products I just couldnt use.

While I'm on a roll another bugbear about these products - they are designed and advertised to be great for acne and rosacea skin types. I went to the jane iredale site for application tips. Not one demo of covering acne or rosacea to be found. Just models with. flawless skin. Not a great inspiration for those with problem skin to invest i think.

All in all I think EUR 104 was enough to part with for what is after all a mediocre product in my opinion.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Really like this with a fine dusting of the loose powder on top. I have red cheeks and little red blood vessels under my eyes. I am 41, and am always balancing that knife edge of under eye concealment and too much under eye concealment. (if you are over 40, you know ) I find this to be one of those product lines that eases those woes. I am porcelain with ruddiness. ( NW European) Darkest auburn/brunette and green eyes Skin is dry and flaky around nose not oily, and the rest is normal. I use an OIL moisturizer. Usually a single oil not a blend mixed with other ingredients. OR Ecco Bella has an herbal oil in a round jar that is also a good moisture backdrop. I put this on with my fingers one section at a time. I find that the BB3 is great with the light beige powder on top. (tap and swirl the powder brush so as to not look cakey) This lasts all day long. In winter I am BB1 and Ivory powder. I have to say that if you have any patchiness the BB1 is going to cling to it more than the BB3. I just make sure to use the washcloth in the shower and use the moisture first, and it is not a problem. I have been using this for a month now, and have had no issues with my skin. I use mychelle creamy pumpkin cleanser, and it comes off with ease. I can not wear foundations with alcohol, because of the sensitive sides of nose. This does not end up causing any sensitivity. It is also CRUELTY FREE! I am going back for more of this and the loose powder. I have heard good things about their circle delete. I am #2.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I switched to using Korean BB's from powdered minerals because as I got older I found that the powders accentuated flaws. However, I eventually became concerned about the safety
(and soundness ethically) of some of the ingredients in these Asian brands. Lo and Behold - my previous favourite mineral makeup Jane Iredale had started making a BB! I purchased this in BB3 as this was supposedly a match for Warm Silk, the shade I had been using previously in both the pressed and loose minerals.
This product worked for me similar to MISSHA's Cho Bo Yang where it provides more coverage than a tinted moisturiser but not as much as a full coverage foundation. Also similar to the Asian product, you need to only use a pea sized amount for your whole face and work quickly because it is possible to have it set before it is blended or use too much and have it end up looking mask like. I have had no break outs from it so far even with sensitive an acne prone skin. It does have sort of a light citrus-y scent but this dissipates quickly and I had no allergy issues with it.
The main con I could find with this is that at $48 it's basically double what it costs for other BB creams. This is high enough that it's definitely a consideration when purchasing this product.
Overall though I will purchase this again because I like both the coverage and the fact that it has less questionable ingredients than competitiors.

Edited to add: Forgot to mention that I did not need to use a brush with this. I simply used a pea sized amount, dotted it on and then blended with my fingers like I would any other BB. I did not even need to use powder to set it afterward. I suspect that many of those achieving a super heavy effect with this stuff are simply using too large an amount.

I have been using this BB Cream for 3 weeks now - it was a stocking stuffer from my wish list. :) I have seen a tremendous change in my skin. Prior to using this I had been using JI Pure Pressed powder and liked it but wanted to try a liquid again. Not wanting to invest the $$$ I bought Revlon Age Defying foundation. The skin around my eyes was becoming very dry and even flaky. I assumed it was the change in season's and dry winter air and added more moisturing to the area - which didn't really help. But lo and behold I changed foundation products and within a week or so no more dry flaky skin around my eyes.

I have this in BB1 based on the Ivory shade of pure pressed powder I had used. It is perfect for my skin tone. I find it takes very little to go a long ways. I apply it in one area at a time as it does dry very quickly and dotting it all over at once would be inadvisable. I apply with my fingers and pat it more than rub.

For me it is worth the money and I will repurchase when I need to.

This is the perfect product combined as a foundation, concealer and SPF. 3 products in 1 justifies the price point and the packaging is brilliant bc it allows you to squeeze every ounce out. The amount of product u get is spectacular and u need very little. However the product dries quickly and is heavy so I suggest spritzing some toner on ur brush or sponge b4 applying so it provides "slip " for easier and lighter application. The BEST concealer EVER. I have Melasma so I've struggled finding the best product to minimizing the pigmentation. Highly recommended!!!!!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am basing this review on the samples I received from the Jane Iredale website-received them really quickly too. I got BB1, BB3 and BB5. BB1 is extremely light more on the neutral side, BB3 is slightly cool, BB5 is darker and much more yellow shade. I found the perfect color putting a drop of the BB5 in with a little of the BB1 and mixing. Perfect light warm color. I tried it out yesterday for the first time. It went on great and I set it with powder. Only tried around my chin/mouth area only to see if it would break me out. I thought it would be good but by the end of the day it started to separate and didn't look good. Looked a little chalky in that area. Glad I only got a sample.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I received a sample with my latest order of Jane Iredale mineral base. I'm glad they sent it because now I know it's not for me. I prefer a very matte look to my makeup and this made me very shiny. I looked in the mirror at work around 11:00 and talk about a shine-fest! Did not work for me.