Jane Iredale Glow Time BB Cream

3.7

Not tested on animals

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I like this BB cream. It's not perfect, but it's a lot better than several other BB or CC creams I've tried.

Pros: I have sensitive skin that is easily irritated, but this doesn't break me out in a rash or make my face itchy or tight. If you have sensitive, reactive skin, give this a try. BB 3 is as close as I've found to a perfect match for my fair skin. I don't typically wear full makeup, so this is heavy coverage for me. It covers spots well and gives me a nice even skin tone. I get the most natural looking application when I blend with a brush. For me, it works nicely as an under-the-eye concealer as well.

Cons: It makes my laugh lines look more pronounced, but that's not a huge deal-breaker for me.

I tend to like slightly lighter coverage. So far, I like the finish of Nars tinted moisturizer (Finland) better, but the color match is a little better with the Jane Iredale BB cream.

I use this on the weekends. It can go on somewhat streaky if you don't moisturize and blend well. It's best to use this as "less is more" strategy and more like a robust tinted moisturizer, not as full foundation option. YOU NEED TO SET THIS WITH A POWDER. It does break down around the t-zone after 6 hours or so. But, if you want a softly tinted moisturizer to just keep it moving on a Saturday afternoon that won't break you out, it's great.

I used to really love this, and I think I'm not sure why. It doesn't have great coverage, you need to really load up to cover blemishes. It does tend toward shiny/oil by end of day, and it transfers to clothing or fingers if you touch your face in the day. But for some reason, I kept using it and still do. Now I just limit it to weekends b/c it's not going to give you the full face professional coverage I like for work.

I recently switched all of my makeup over to Jane Iredale per my esthetician's recommendation and I am so happy I did. I purchased the Smooth Affair primer, Glow Time BB cream in BB7 as well as the pure pressed powder. I have oily dry combo skin with yellow undertones.

There are a number of ways to use this BB cream. You can use your fingers, a brush, a beauty blender sponge, or mixed in with your primer. I use this product with my foundation brush but plan on getting a beauty blender. When mixed in with the primer you get a more sheer result and when applied with hands or brush you get more coverage. You only need a very small amount of this product. And I mean small. Think "BB" size. This amount covers my entire face. If I use more, I look cakey and just too much. This is considered a full coverage foundation and it does a wonderful job at covering any redness, skin pigmentation or blemishes.

The finish of this product is very dewy so keep that in mind if you like a more matte finish. Since I have oily skin this *can* accentuate my shine, but since I use such a small amount, it doesn't get too out of control.

I get compliments often on my skin since switching over to Jane Iredale. Since I have acne prone skin, I get so nervous trying new products. When I started using this line (Smooth Affair + Glow Time + Pure Press) I noticed an almost instant difference in my skin. I felt like it could breath. At first I did think the Smooth Affair and Glow Time were causing me to break out, but now my skin is clear and so incredibly soft. It looks and feels so much healthier than before. It does take some patience like with anything else, so give it at least a month to notice results.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hard to match the right color, I have bb1 which is super pink and bb5 which is really yellow,I'm hoping mixing will help neutralize it. I guess I didn't pay attention when I originally bought it because it's full of -cones which break me out.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this at the Nordstrom Spa in downtown Seattle and they walked me through various ways of applying either for full coverage (apply without blending with any lotion) or light coverage. For a matte, polished look I use the face powder by the same brand. My skin is nether oily or dry from it's use and it hasn't caused any breakouts. For application I use the pink beauty blender sponge.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

It is one of those products that can go opposite ways depending on skin type, but more so, on application. In other words, applied wrongly, it can turn out a disaster. I've since learned that it works best with a foundation brush. And equally important, get to know how much product is required on your skin. In my case, not a lot. Too much, and I look like I am off to a Halloween party.

I like that it provides a full coverage (and it really does this), and it does give off a glow-ish finish, which perks my normally tired looking skin. And finally, it lasts ALL day. The shade range, as many have found, is a bit biased towars the lighter side. I would say even, the VERY light side. I wear the BB05 shade, because the next shade available in Europe was a bit too dark. I am olive, with a beige-yellowish tone (a lot more beige than yellow though), and the BB05 is simply too light and yellow-y. I finish it with powder and bronzers to correct the colour, which is a bit tiresome, and thus un-does the way in which BB creams are supposed to make skin care and makeup routines easier, I think it is not so much the consistency of the product, but the shade itself that makes it look 'chalky' on the face, as some people have found. I really wish they'd do something about that.

Would I repurchase? My answer is really a 'maybe'. It is quite hard to get hold of JI products in Europe. I often buy mine from feelunique (though I also purchase from US sites - which would include a hefty shioping charge), but I find they never have the full range of JI products, often not the full range of shades available. The other thing is, this BB cream is way tooo expensive, It costs euros 51!!! That's way more expensive than full bottles of my other favourites: Dior and YSL. A good product that could potentially get better with better shade offerings, bu for these reasons, repurchasing is a big 'maybe' for me.

First of all, the one bad thing first: it is a bit pricey. BUT ... the amount you need to use is so small that it seems to lasts forever. And because the opening is small, there is less chance for contamination making it less likely to be a bacterial haven so it can last longer. (I had mine for 2 years before I had to get another one - I use it Monday thru Friday and weekends if I go out.)

Be prepared that if you use as much as you would use a typical liquid foundation you will be disgusted because it is thick. My application consists of mixing a tiny amount of the BB cream with a vitamin C serum/cream that I use as a moisturizer and it goes on beautifully and evenly. If I don't mix it, it goes on really thick like a sunscreen.

Up until a few years ago, I really struggled with my skin and would try every product (cleansers, makeup, topical, anything made for acne prone skin) which got extremely pricey and discouraging since nothing was working. Almost three years ago, my mom turned me onto a specific cleansing line and at the same time I came across JI products and, although the occasional breakouts still surface, have seen such an improvement.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This caused me to breakout - huge cystic pimples on my chin which only started to disappear once I worked out this bb cream was the culprit. I also found it had poor coverage and was drying. I like jane iredale but this is a no for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Its "ok". I bought this as a recommendation from my esthetician. I've used far better BB creams that are much cheaper, Skin 79 brand is very good and I'll probably go back to that, but I'm going to continue using it for two weeks just to see if it helps my skin. It looks alright on smooth, clear skin. But if your skin is a little dry or breaking out the coverage is strange and awful. That's the only way I can describe it.

Also, I think it made me more oily and it comes off very easily even when I put on a layer of powder. The color is odd, much more yellow than other BB creams, that typically have a gray or purple kind of cast. Though it did mellow into an ok shade after application. But yea, for the price point I expected a lot more.

I received this BB cream as a sample when I purchased some lipstick from Nordstrom. The first time I put it on, I didn't read the instructions and used way, way, way too much. It was awful. It looked like I had a mask on. I was about to toss it, when I saw on the instructions that the sample should last for at least 3 applications. I tried it again the next day, using just a pea size amount and applying it just like the video on Jane Iredale's website shows and it was absolutely amazing. I am hooked. I have redness on my face and this hides EVERYTHING. I don't need any concealer at all. And if you apply it right, using just the tiniest amount, you will get the perfect coverage without it looking like you're wearing a lot of makeup. The sample I received has lasted me for 5 or 6 applications and I still have some left. Every time I wear this, I receive compliments on my appearance. Not to mention, it is waterproof, so I can put it on when I know I'm going to the pool that day. I love, love, love this BB cream. It does tend to make me a little shiny, so I don't use moisturizer when I wear it and that way it gives me the most perfect dewy finish. It is a bit pricey, but I imagine with how little product that you have to use, that it will last for a year. I am definitely buying this when my sample runs out.