Jane Iredale Glow Time BB Cream

Filtered by skin type : Oily age: 25-29

3.0

Not tested on animals

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Okay do love this product and being a beauty therapist, product junky and counter manager myself I do believe this is a really lovely addition to any girls make up bag who is looking for nice natural products that don't harm the skin or cause break outs. And if used correctly could take the place of many foundations. However! I would highly recommend adding this product to a lighter version of a BB cream as it is so thick and full that it can look cakey if applied incorrectly and can be difficult to work with.
I currently use this product in the number 7 added with my kiehl's BB cream in the medium colour I think it is (I have previously done a review on this product if you want the full name for it). I add the tiniest bit of my glow time to a glob of my kiehl's as that's all you need. Because my glow time is the wrong colour for me when tanned it works well with my kiehl's to make it darker then I use my number 7 on it's own to correct my under eye area as it is stark enough on it's own I think to be used as a concealer!
Pros-
Skin loving ingredients
Not too oily for the product type (I do set this with a setting powder)
It lasts forever as you only need the smallest amount! (I have had mine for a 1.5 years and still going ! )
The coverage !!
The packaging (lovely big tube!! With lots of product)
Cons-
Price (although you do get a lot of product and it lasts for ages so can't really complain)
It can be hard to work with if used purely on it's own.
The coverage can be a bit heavy (if used in correctly)

Over all would 100% by this again!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm an Iredale fan, but not because of this BB Cream. I use their PureBase pressed powder in Satin and it's the Best pressed powder I've used (and I compare with Bare Minerals and Cover Fx).

First off, ''Glow Time'' is not a BB Cream. It's a full-fledged FULL coverage foundation. It will cover everything, which is a plus, but with major drawbacks. The poor choice of color, combined with opaqueness and poor blendability, restricts the number of potential contented users. If, by chance, you are a perfect match for one of their 6 shades, then perhaps you will like it. But you have to be experienced in applying makeup, because it dries quickly and needs to be spread out with a foundation brush.

But even then, you will need to have no pores and no dry skin. As most of us gals have either oily skin (thus pores) or dry skin (thus dry patches), or both, this further restricts the possibility of this foundation suiting you.

As I bought a color that was wrong for me, and have both pores and dry patches, this was a terrible choice for me and I regret very much that I bought it from a spa that is loath to take returns. Still, I appreciate the absence of skin irritants (it does have silicones, which are not irritants per se, but I read on this forum that some find them bothersome). I also appreciate the SPF. For that reason alone, I give it two lippies.

CAUTION : You will need a heavy-duty cleanser to get rid of this. It does indeed work as advertised as water-resistant. If that's what you need, then you may have found your HG, but for daily ''normal'' use, that's another problem with this product because even though it might not be irritant to sensitive skin by itself, the arduous process of taking it off might very well irritate your skin. It made mine more red than it had been in a few weeks. I used Éminence's clear skin cleanser as usual, and it was still ALL there. No kidding! Then I SCRUBBED with a handtowel with more Éminence cleanser, and painstakingly it started to come off. I never scrub my skin and I don't use makeup-up remover either, usually for lack of a need for it. THEN, as there was STILL much visible ''BB cream'', I made myself a kaolin white clay mask. Absorbent properties of clay would surely do away with the rest of the cream, I thought. I waited 10 minutes, took off the mask, then indeed looked makeup-free (and it was a relief as the ''BB cream'' had given my skin horrible fake texture!).

The next morning, I gently washed my face with Éminence Stone Crop gel wash to remove nighttime oil/sweat. Then I sat in front of my mirror. That's when, thanks to full daylight, I saw there was STILL a spot on my face where the darn BB Cream stuck!!! I had to massage the area with pure argan oil to have it come off and I could see the yellow/orange very clearly on the tissue I used.

If you cleanse with oil, then this might not be a huge problem, as the argan oil seemed to be able to take it off my skin. Still, I'm miffed the spa assistant did not mention this. Anyhow, for those who have found this product to cause breakouts, I believe it's because it might not come off fully at night, not because any of its ingredients are bad or comedogenic.

Bottom line : do try it out in a store, but apply it on your full face to see how it appears on your skin texture and how easily it comes off at night. I would not recommend buying this before trying to wash it off at least once.