Jane Iredale Glow Time BB Cream

Filtered by age: 25-29

3.5

Not tested on animals

Amazing. I'm nearly 30 and this makes me look 16 again. Lol but seriously this stuff is worth the price because it is so concentrated. I bet it would take me at least 6 months of daily use to get through the whole bottle. Absolutely full coverage, smoothing, hydrating, but not greasy. Impressive wear time for a BB cream. I even use it as a concealer for minor imperfections and under the eyes. For reference, I have stubborn combination skin that can be oily or dry depending on the climate.

Terrible. Broke me out so badly! The colour range is also limited... Chucking it.

I wanted to love this product SO much, as I'm looking for a mineral foundation that I know is good for my skin, has high SPF as I live in Australia but also full coverage to hide my bad acne scarring and pigmentation. I have combination skin with hormonal cystic acne breakouts around my jawline and this BB cream covered it perfectly. It does feel quite thick but I applied mine with a beauty blender and it goes on nice and creamy and feels light on the skin. The full coverage and finish is amazing and it does last well on the skin with only a late afternoon touch up required in this humidity at the moment. I found the shades to be quite dark when choosing one and it definitely oxidises but I took a risk and bought it online so clearly mismatched myself....so this was pretty much a great product overall but...and it's a BIG BUT....it broke me out something terrible. When I took my make up off in the evening, some cystic acne had flared up but like never before, my skin had literally formed blisters around my jaw line. This product is the only thing which I had tried differently on my skin so unfortunately it has to be down to this. Like I said, I wanted to love and use it so much but I guess it's just not going to work for me.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Okay do love this product and being a beauty therapist, product junky and counter manager myself I do believe this is a really lovely addition to any girls make up bag who is looking for nice natural products that don't harm the skin or cause break outs. And if used correctly could take the place of many foundations. However! I would highly recommend adding this product to a lighter version of a BB cream as it is so thick and full that it can look cakey if applied incorrectly and can be difficult to work with.
I currently use this product in the number 7 added with my kiehl's BB cream in the medium colour I think it is (I have previously done a review on this product if you want the full name for it). I add the tiniest bit of my glow time to a glob of my kiehl's as that's all you need. Because my glow time is the wrong colour for me when tanned it works well with my kiehl's to make it darker then I use my number 7 on it's own to correct my under eye area as it is stark enough on it's own I think to be used as a concealer!
Pros-
Skin loving ingredients
Not too oily for the product type (I do set this with a setting powder)
It lasts forever as you only need the smallest amount! (I have had mine for a 1.5 years and still going ! )
The coverage !!
The packaging (lovely big tube!! With lots of product)
Cons-
Price (although you do get a lot of product and it lasts for ages so can't really complain)
It can be hard to work with if used purely on it's own.
The coverage can be a bit heavy (if used in correctly)

Over all would 100% by this again!

I am giving up on this. It pains me because I wanted it to work out so bad. But this breaks me out the typical deep cystic lesions especially on my chin and the sides of my nose-bridge. I kept hearing about Jane Iredale being friendly for the skin. Theese products are hard to come by locally where I am, so I had to look and went for a trial. It looked good so I decided to just buy one.

I don't like wearing makeup because of the (well-founded fear) it breaks me out. So I only wear it on special occasions.
Initially the coverage is quite good (moderate) it blends well. But after a a few hours, it looks cakey, although it still helps mask the redness on my skin. But I broke out so badly, been giving it excuses eg I wore in while on holiday (hence the dry atmosphere was bad for my skin) But the past week, I it's the last straw really. I wore it for 2 separate occasions (a few hours), about 1 week apart. I was trying it without the powder and it broke me out.

Now I'll try the pressed powder (coverage not as good, it's more sheer) and see if that breaks me out too.

anyway, still hunting for something suitable for me :(

I like this BB cream a lot. In my opinion, it is more like a full on foundation though. My skin feels good and I don't feel like I have a lot on. Matched my skin tone perfectly , which is really hard to find. Only down side is the pricing..... $48.... I only bought it because I get a discount where I work

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm an Iredale fan, but not because of this BB Cream. I use their PureBase pressed powder in Satin and it's the Best pressed powder I've used (and I compare with Bare Minerals and Cover Fx).

First off, ''Glow Time'' is not a BB Cream. It's a full-fledged FULL coverage foundation. It will cover everything, which is a plus, but with major drawbacks. The poor choice of color, combined with opaqueness and poor blendability, restricts the number of potential contented users. If, by chance, you are a perfect match for one of their 6 shades, then perhaps you will like it. But you have to be experienced in applying makeup, because it dries quickly and needs to be spread out with a foundation brush.

But even then, you will need to have no pores and no dry skin. As most of us gals have either oily skin (thus pores) or dry skin (thus dry patches), or both, this further restricts the possibility of this foundation suiting you.

As I bought a color that was wrong for me, and have both pores and dry patches, this was a terrible choice for me and I regret very much that I bought it from a spa that is loath to take returns. Still, I appreciate the absence of skin irritants (it does have silicones, which are not irritants per se, but I read on this forum that some find them bothersome). I also appreciate the SPF. For that reason alone, I give it two lippies.

CAUTION : You will need a heavy-duty cleanser to get rid of this. It does indeed work as advertised as water-resistant. If that's what you need, then you may have found your HG, but for daily ''normal'' use, that's another problem with this product because even though it might not be irritant to sensitive skin by itself, the arduous process of taking it off might very well irritate your skin. It made mine more red than it had been in a few weeks. I used minence's clear skin cleanser as usual, and it was still ALL there. No kidding! Then I SCRUBBED with a handtowel with more minence cleanser, and painstakingly it started to come off. I never scrub my skin and I don't use makeup-up remover either, usually for lack of a need for it. THEN, as there was STILL much visible ''BB cream'', I made myself a kaolin white clay mask. Absorbent properties of clay would surely do away with the rest of the cream, I thought. I waited 10 minutes, took off the mask, then indeed looked makeup-free (and it was a relief as the ''BB cream'' had given my skin horrible fake texture!).

The next morning, I gently washed my face with minence Stone Crop gel wash to remove nighttime oil/sweat. Then I sat in front of my mirror. That's when, thanks to full daylight, I saw there was STILL a spot on my face where the darn BB Cream stuck!!! I had to massage the area with pure argan oil to have it come off and I could see the yellow/orange very clearly on the tissue I used.

If you cleanse with oil, then this might not be a huge problem, as the argan oil seemed to be able to take it off my skin. Still, I'm miffed the spa assistant did not mention this. Anyhow, for those who have found this product to cause breakouts, I believe it's because it might not come off fully at night, not because any of its ingredients are bad or comedogenic.

Bottom line : do try it out in a store, but apply it on your full face to see how it appears on your skin texture and how easily it comes off at night. I would not recommend buying this before trying to wash it off at least once.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I use the amazing base. This $*!#* broke me out. And it looks like crap whenever I see it on a sales girl. I know it's mean to say it, but seriously, they look super caked.

MUA says Swapping is only open to current swappers...But I want to swap this! I have the Glow Time BB Cream #5. Message me/check my notepad if interested!

REVIEW:
So I'm new to Jane Iredale and I have acne prone yet dry skin that, although still in my mid-later 20's, is starting to show signs of aging especially when I smile. Since I'm still struggling with acne, I have been on a long and arduous journey to improve my skin and I've decided to clean up my routine. As a result, I'm trying strictly use products that are healthy and won't break me out, with the exception of the under eye area because I've always needed heavy duty extra coverage due to genetic dark circles and hollowness.

The point: I never thought I could use mineral powder makeup because I'm dry and bareminerals made me peel something fierce. But I must say I am so impressed with Jane Iredale's loose powder; it has not been drying (as long as I moisturizer of course) and I think it is improving my tone. Yet, like most women, I prefer a little more liquid coverage on my nose and certain areas to help cover pores, blemishes, and provide more full coverage. However, I kid you not, in the EXACT areas where I put this BB cream, I developed deep, hard, almost white-head-type beads of congestion...like after one use. The reason I know this is that I only applied the BB cream in tiny specific little areas on my face for the first time so I would be able to gage which products were and weren't working, and I kid you not, it's those exact areas (like the size of a dime) that developed a problem. And I'm actually kind of pissed about it because I just got a medical grade quality light peel that really improved my acne-- until this outrageously priced potion clogged it deeply like a O#$*RU-hole!

The reason I'm only giving this 3 stars and not less though, is that when applying it very very lightly and thinly almost like a concealer (when mixed with moisturizer...I tend to often mix foundations and concealers with moisturizers) it didn't look half bad. But there is no way I would ever put this all over my face the way it is intended. Plus, even with the moisturizer, I found it quite drying...like way more than the powder oddly enough.

I love this! I apply a small amount on top of my daily moisturizer, and it keeps my skin looking flawless with the perfect glow all day long. It also doesnt dry my skin out, and I love the fact that it has sunscreen. The lightest shade is a good match for my pale skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have oily skin, acne-prone, medium with golden undertone and quite sensitive to certain foundations and creams. I've tried a lot of BB creams in the past but nothing covers quite like the Jane Iredale BB Cream. It feels almost like a cream foundation or maybe even a concealer. It covers red spots and scars quite well. You only really need a little bit otherwise it will look cakey. Then, I set it with Jane Iredale Pressed Powder and spray it with the Jane Iredale antioxidant spray. It gives my face a glowy look that lasts from 8 am to 1 pm then my face becomes too oily and I'd have to use a blotting paper to take out all the excess oil. Especially if you are in the office for 8-9 hours where the AC is on full blast (the air is so dry that your skin thinks it needs to produce more oil to compensate for the outside factors). So, even though I like how it covers and the fact that it doesn't make me break out, I am stuck with a problem regarding the length of wear I can use this for. I'm going to finish the bottle but I'm going to start looking for alternatives I can use for everyday office use. And then, also find one to use for weddings and special events that require long lasting wear through winter or summer humidity.