Alpha Skin Care Intensive Rejuvinating Serum 14% Glycolic AHA

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Alpha Skin Care Intensive Rejuvinating Serum 14% Glycolic AHA
Intensive Rejuvinating Serum 14% Glycolic AHAIntensive Rejuvinating Serum 14% Glycolic AHAAlpha Skin Care

4.7

Water, Glycolic Acid, Ammonium Hydroxide, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Matricaria Extract, Green Tea Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Aloe Baradensis Juice, Wheatgemamidopropyldimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Cellulose Gum, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate. (note they have reformulated and changed the preservative to a less irritating ingredient)

on 8/26/2018 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I use this at least 3x a week and I love, love, love it.

Me: 47 next month. A few shallow wrinkles around my eyes, no acne, and some (a half dozen or so) brown spots from not knowing about Asian/Euro sunscreens and high PPD until a few years ago. I also have mild melasma near my ears on my lower cheeks, and melasma is a curse.

It will fade your sun spots nicely, but melasma is a tougher. It does take everything down a level or two, but it's not a high enough % to really fade them in a dramatic way.

I recommend this to everyone over 35 or so, but you must use a heavy duty high PPD sunscreen. And I'd recommend easing into it - once a week, then twice a week, and so on. I can use it daily but I baby my skin otherwise - no Retin A, oil cleansing with regular coconut oil, and a low pH cleanser.

It is as thin as water and you need to be careful when you pump it out. I try to pump it onto my fingers but it doesn't quite work - it's better to do it into the palm of your hand and then spread it around with your fingertips. One pump should be enough for most people, but most nights I use two.

I will use this until I'm dead. Honestly.

on 4/23/2017 10:20:00 AM

Amazing forget every other product, if you could onlyhave one product for your skin this is the one! Use night and day before moisturising and after 2 weeks my skin is gleaming! It feels plumper, more hydrated and dont need as much moisturiser, my skin tone is more even and all out breaks have cleared up. My skin looks and feels younger, this serum encourages your skin to renew its self faster and encourages collagen production. Love this hit dont forget to protect your new fresh skin with a high spf, I recommend rosay poche face mist spf 50 💋

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Oily, break-out prone skin beware! If I wasn't so sensitive to Sodium Hyaluronate, I would love this. I stopped using this on my face because I started breaking-out, I got large closed-comedones on my forehead, which was strange.

I think this would be great for dry skin, because my skin felt extra hydrated in the morning after using this at night, but it did leave a greasy residue on my skin.

I prefer the Aqua Glycolic toner (renamed Mederma, I think?) It has very few ingredients, doesn't clog my skin, and is ideal for oily skin IMO.

This is a great serum for my skin. My skin seems to really like AHA's and I has used the soufflé from this brand and loved it. So, when I saw the serum I wanted to try this. A little about my skin I had adult acne till 2012 when I found MUA from wanting to learn about retin a. I used retin a for a year and finally I was able to switch off to peels, AHA's and bha's. I had dark spots from having acne and I started treating that with 40% Alpha hydroxy peels and mandelic acid as well. Finally I got to the point where all I need is good skincare. This is where these products have come in.

I use this to upkeep my skin so to speak. This for 14% doesn't sting at all on my skin. It's like a very watery gel but a few drops go a long way. After washing I apply my gokujyun lotion, eye cream, then my serums being this and the Mizon all in one snail cream. I top off my serum with CeraVe PM and a little Embroylisse to seal it all in. My skin looks so smooth, clear, and luminous. It's even working on my stubborn milia. It has really calmed it down. I really like Alpha Hydrox products because they are no frills, tell you what's in their product, and give you the Ph.

I will definitely repurchase this as so far the Alpha Hydrox line has really worked well for me. There might be a little crystallization around the lid but that's normal. I like the packaging and how easy it is to apply. It just goes right into my skin, doesn't irritate, and has no perfumes which I appreciate. My dark spots are gone as well. It took awhile but this helps keep them from coming back. This of course with sunscreen as that's the most important thing to me that I have learned with my skincare. I also like this as an upkeep between peels. Great product!

on 12/31/2015 1:24:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Wow, I am so impressed! This made such a difference in the appearance of skin in such a short time! I feel silly looking back on all the expensive items I have purchased when this did the trick and exceeded my expectation. I can't wait to try out the other items in this line.

on 10/5/2014 8:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I was searching for a good and strong AHA, as I have many acne marks and my skin tone is everything but not even. This stuff is very good. I use it 3 times/week, in the evenings, the other nights I use Differin. The next morning I wake up with a brighter and glowing skin. In 2 months of use(paired with Differin and BHA), has made my skin look way better, brighter, more even and almost no break-outs. I also like that is has a light consistency and it's absorbed quickly, which is very good for my oily skin. It stung only the first time when I applied it, but I take care to have my skin totally dry before applying(I usually wait 5-10min after I applied a toner and just after I use this).

on 9/26/2012 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I've been using this serum for the past 14 days, twice a day (in the morning under sunscreen and at bedtime). Results to date: my skin is smooth, pores on my forehead and cheeks look great, pores on my chin and nose (the ones that have usually been very clogged) are in better shape. I wash my face with Alpha Hydrox foaming wash and I use Elta MD physical tinted sunblock. I can see significant difference in the state of my pores and conidition of my skin after using this serum consistently. I will repurchase.