Alpha Skin Care Intensive Rejuvinating Serum 14% Glycolic AHA

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Alpha Skin Care Intensive Rejuvinating Serum 14% Glycolic AHA
Intensive Rejuvinating Serum 14% Glycolic AHAAlpha Skin Care

Water, Glycolic Acid, Ammonium Hydroxide, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Matricaria Extract, Green Tea Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Aloe Baradensis Juice, Wheatgemamidopropyldimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Cellulose Gum, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate. (note they have reformulated and changed the preservative to a less irritating ingredient)

on 9/26/2017 12:40:00 PM

This is an excellent lightweight serum used to combat fine lines and wrinkles and to improve skin texture and clarity.

Price: I bought this, at 2 ounces for $19, on Amazon. Compared to the last AHA serum I was using (at $90 for 1oz), it's a steal.

Packaging: Air tight bottle with a pump. Perfectly adequate

Product: I have been using AHA's on my skin for a few years: Neostrata Level 2, Neostrata Level 3, Peter Thomas Roth, Drunk Elephant and Paula's Choice (I have reviews on all except the PC, which did nothing for me). I was burning through the $90 / ounce stuff too quickly, even with only 1 pump a night. This is slightly more watery than the last serum I used, but the effects are similar--apply in the evening after washing and in the morning, my skin feels smoother, clearer and brighter. 14% is a fairly high formulation of AHA, and I definitely get a slight tingle the first minute or so following application, but nothing unbearable. Definitely do not start with this if you have never used AHA's on your skin before--the Neostrata Level 2 Smoothing lotion, at 10%, is a good beginner product, I think: easy on the wallet, easy to start slow with application and results fairly quickly. I think this product is an excellent choice for those who have been around AHA's for awhile and have a hard time justifying the much higher price point of some similar products.

on 4/23/2017 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Omg!!!!! I super love this stuff! This is what keeps me from breaking out! I buy several bottles every time I go to Ulta! This is worth a try if you break out in your 40s!

on 12/16/2016 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Holy Grail. I am on my fourth bottle. Helps combat my fine lines and acne. My skin looks rejuvenated. I wish everyone knew about alpha hydrox! This is very lightweight and watery, I apply in the evening and wake up looking fresh. I wish I knew about this product a long time ago. Make sure you use sunscreen, this will make your skin more sensitive to the sun. This product is incredibly cheap in comparison to almost every other serum. I purchase via amazon. Will use as long as it is available.

on 7/23/2016 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I'm a big fan of Alpha Hydrox 12% Souffle (now called Alpha Enhanced Revitalizing Skin Cream), and was excited to try the serum. The old name is Alpha Hydrox Intensive Serum, and it came in a bottle with a flip-top cap. The new version is the same formula, new name Alpha Intensive Rejuvinating Serum, and it comes in a pump, which is a great packaging improvement. The product is water-like in consistency, a bit slippery which helps in spreading it over skin. It is fragrance free, but has a slight vinegar-like scent which I've noticed with most AHA products. I use bare hands to apply it--I put a few drops in my cupped hand, quickly rub my hands together and glide it over my skin.

For my face, I only use AHA around 3 times a week at night, and alternate other nights with a low concentration prescription Retin-A. There is no doubt that the Alpha products are effective as I had smoother skin overnight when I first started using them, and I continue to enjoy clear, radiant skin with regular use. AHA was a great addition to my routine, and as a plus, it eliminated the flaking problem I had from Retin-A. There is also solid research showing that AHA does provide skin repair and improvement over time, which is a potent anti-aging perk!

Having said that, for use on my face, I found the 14% AHA concentration to be a little too much, even after working up to it with the Alpha 12% skin cream. On my body, it has been superlative, and I've been able to use it daily. When applied on my upper arms, it keeps my KP in check better than any other product I've tried. When used on my hands before hand cream, it smooths rough patches, even around the knuckles. I think it would also be great on other thickened areas on the body such as elbows, knees and feet, although I haven't tried that yet.

All the Alpha products are fairly priced, although not widely available. I have only seen them in one local store, and they do not carry the full line. However, the company does have a very nice web site and online store, so the products can be easily mail ordered. Many of the formulae are simple, but all are balanced to the correct pH to optimize effectiveness. The company is open about publishing their ingredients, so it is easy to check for the right product before purchasing. I really can't say enough good things about Alpha and their AHA products. I'm a customer for life!

One thing to beware of--if using AHA, make sure it is not applied to broken skin, or it will burn! Small cuts, chapped areas, etc., must be mostly healed to avoid irritation. Also, AHA makes skin more sensitive to sun damage, so it is imperative to wear sun screen daily.

on 2/23/2016 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I just Love this product! It has a new package and is now called ALPHA Skin Care. But it is still manufactured by Neoteric Cosmetics in Denver, CO and appears the ingredients are all the same. Instead of being labeled Intensive Serum, it is now "Rejuvenating Serum".

I have used two other forms of their Glycolic Acid, but will continue to repurchase this one. I like the consistency of the serum and have never had any tingling or burning or redness from it.

I believe the price may have gone up just a tad, but the product for the price is unbeatable in my opinion.

I hope this helps and look forward to reading new reviews.

on 2/13/2016 11:38:00 AM

I have only been using this for about 2 weeks and what a difference! I used the 10% for years with good results, along with several other AHA products. This one isn't so easy to find, finally tracked it down online for around $17.

I'm 52, and have been genetically lucky, especially considering all the sun damage I've done to my skin. However, with menopause just starting, the aging process is speeding up in a scary way. My skin has been looking pretty dull, and though I have no deep wrinkles, I think the texture of my skin is getting rougher, not as tight and smooth. I like using powder foundations and powder highlighters, and was hating the way the powders accented all the little imperfections in my skin texture. The 1% retinol product I'd been using was not doing much, and I was planning on seeing a dermatologist and seeing about getting on some prescription products....before I decided to try this!

After removing makeup and cleansing at night, I use a toner, then wait about 15 minutes until my skin is really dry. AHA's need to go on dry skin to work. You only need about a dime sized amount of this liquid gel. I spread it all over my face, avoiding the eye lids.

In two weeks of use, my skin looks much smoother, more plumped up. I am really pleased with this stuff, and until I start using Retin A, I'm sticking with this!

on 12/11/2015 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

WOW! This product is just amazing! It's cheap in price, but the ingredients in this is top notch! Doesn't contain any comedogenic ingredients and it is the right pH and concentration to actually work wonders on the skin! I saw immediate results after one night . My skin is smoother and my blemishes (which I got from using Josie Maran's Argan Oil Light) have dramatically decreased. The texture is watery and soaks right into my skin. I layer Josie Maran's Argan Oil (the regular version!) over it every night and I get baby soft skin in the morning. If you are new to aha products, I would recommend patch testing as the concentration of this product is pretty high. But I used this just fine and did not even feel a tingle. So glad I found this product!

on 12/1/2015 3:11:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

I've been using the Alpha Hydrox products from Neoteric for many years. Don't dismiss these products because of their low (fair) pricing. They ARE very effective!!

Neoteric maintains proper PH levels on all their products. I LOVE this "serum". It's quite watery - doesn't have the thickness of some serums. And it is EFFECTIVE!

I use Tretinoin and do some glycolic peels at home occasionally, along with at-home TCA 20% peels about 4 x/year and I gotta say that this AHA serum still stings just a tiny bit. It keeps my aging skin bright and it seriously makes a difference.

I highly, highly recommend Neoteric's entire line of skin care. It absolutely makes a difference in brightening skin, and warding off fine lines & wrinkles, and also softening the look of the lines. It's also the best-priced line I've found.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

OMG this is a really amazing product and one of the very few i saw results while using it.
I only got this as my BFF in US send it to me to try after she bought quite few her self. I told her to send if she want but wasn't expecting anything and i decide to give a try as i do like trying new products but quite faithful to my routine for quite time now.
Time ago i use to read SCB all the time and the gals there advise using AHA or BHA ( depends what your skin like - mine hate BHA ) as well as Vit.C serum , A-Ret & sunscreen. Well now i use all of those and for few years on A-Ret my skin is quite good and free of wrinkles at my 37 which is amazing as i m smoker :-(.
Anyway as for AHA i used PC 8% for about 2 years and was quite happy and wasn't really looking for anything to replace it. I use AHA every other night alternatively with A-Ret.
Well i tho i m really happy with PC till i tried this product which honestly is amazing.
All those years and all this skincare products i hardly ever saw noticeable results after using one product in particular. I'll be honest with you i do not even know what AHA is exactly about but use as recommendation to the SCB but after using this for quite few weeks my skin be come VERY much lighter and clear. I do not suffer from spots or break outs but did have quite few dark spots. As i said my skin brighten up significantly while using this and i don't have visible wrinkles but quite few fine lines and i can tell those look much better as well.
I m honest in my review and really amazed by the results of this product . This is one of the products i wish i've made pictures before & after as you can see how much brighter my skin be come,
Will definitely buy again and keep using this instead of PC as i was happy with the PC as there wasn't bad reactions or anything like but cant tell i saw anything else after using it for about 2 years . So there we go very happy i found AHA that do show some results.

BTW i have quite sensitive and dry skin as of the A-Ret use for around 5/6 years now but this serum even much stronger than the PC don't bother my skin whatsoever. It can tangle a little after cleansing masque on sundays but thats all i notice .

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Light, non-greasy and non-sticky and not much of smell, to me anyway. It tingles a little especially if you use something like a facial scrub prior to use as the small beads or ground nuts that may be in the scrub causes superficial, small tears on the skin- so keep that in mind. It also may tingle and sting if you started off with a higher concentration from the jump, instead of using a lower concentration then letting your skin adjust. I started off with the 10% oil-free serum for a few months from Alpha Hydrox, then switched up to this. Anyway, my skin felt smoother, softer, plumper and more glowing first few days I started using it which is a miracle because I got acne scars really bad under my neck and on the side of my face, but now I can't stop touching my skin and not recoiling in disgust. Additionally, I like that it has a top that can snap open and closed with a push of a finger on top. Since the ingredients can degrade when exposed to air, its quite convenient. Speaking of packaging, the bottle I have looks different from the picture that's the thumbnail, I guess they changed it since last. Anyway, I couldn't find it in stores so I got it from amazon for $15 and some change for a 2 oz bottle..spendy I know, especially for such a small amount but its so worth it. Total re-buy.