Alpha Skin Care Intensive Rejuvinating Serum 14% Glycolic AHA

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Alpha Skin Care Intensive Rejuvinating Serum 14% Glycolic AHA
Intensive Rejuvinating Serum 14% Glycolic AHAAlpha Skin Care

4.6

Water, Glycolic Acid, Ammonium Hydroxide, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Matricaria Extract, Green Tea Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Aloe Baradensis Juice, Wheatgemamidopropyldimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Cellulose Gum, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate. (note they have reformulated and changed the preservative to a less irritating ingredient)

on 12/18/2016 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been using Alpha products since they hit the market over two decades ago (when they were Alpha Hydrox) and the very first AHAs on the market. It's been a staple in my routine ever since, and you can look at my pics to see what this, strong sunscreen, and a few other potions (primarily Paula's Choice serums) have done for a 45 yo smoker (the b&w pic does have airbrushing, I'll admit, if anyone looks) who has never had a chemical peel, been in a tanning bed, or had any plastic surgery. I'm proof it's THE Holy Grail product along with a properly pH'd BHA, which declogs pores & prevents blackheads.

I use this first, then a BHA (unless my skin needs me to ease off, which happens in cold weather), a serum, Olay Total Effects 7 in the pump container (best deal for a whopping dose of skin-repairing niacinamide), and maybe Cerave Healing Ointment or vaseline under my eyes, around my mouth and along my nose.

If that's too much for you, by all means make this one the start of your nightly routine followed by whatever potion you like. It exfoliates skin, thus turning cells over faster & reducing fine lines, pores, imperfections & discolorations. It takes skin six weeks to turn over, so don't expect immediate results from anything not prescribed by a doctor. It will sting at first application, and this may subside for you, or you may be like me and forever experience at least an initial tingle.

WARNING: if you're new to using AHAs, I strongly recommend beginning with a 8-10% AHA solution because 14% is almost the strongest you can go without a prescription. It's easy to go overboard & end up causing more harm than good, then blaming the product. Gentle is always the key, as you can always build up but not build down.

on 9/22/2016 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm on my third or fourth bottle of this serum. It has quality ingredients, the price is amazingly low and it is effective. I use it most nights before I moisturize. It keeps my skin looking clear, fresh and tight. I LOVE this line and have been a faithful customer of this brand for years! Even when I stray, I always come back!

on 3/12/2015 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

As someone trying to ward off the effects of aging, I have begun to dabble in various skincare, including AHA's. I have to say, my experience with this particular product has been close to ideal. After some trial and error with application, I believe I have figured out how to get the best results for my skin and its needs.

I have previously tried the AH 12% Souffle with some degree of success. I then tried the 10% oil free treatment. I only lasted a week because the texture (gel) was off putting to me and the results were non existent, perhaps due to the decrease in AHA %. While at Ulta a month ago, I stumbled upon this serum. I began using it right away and haven't looked back since.

This is a thin serum, which I would assume is due to it being water as opposed to oil-based. The bottle says to apply with cotton but I use my (clean) fingers. Three drops is all I need to cover my entire face and neck. For reference, my skin is combination and my hope is to reduce my pore size and improve the texture of my skin. For these purposes, this serum works wonderfully! I use this on clean skin, after my Vitamin C/hyaluronic acid serum and before moisturizer (Oil of Olay spf 15). It absorbs right into my skin and leaves it smooth as glass. I've noticed my breakouts are very few and far between and my pores are shrinking daily! I do notice a slight tightening after it sinks in but no irritation whatsoever. This does have a high concentration of AHA's, so easing in gradually is the way to go.

I found this on sale for <$10 and you get a fair amount of product for the price. My only improvement would be to have this in a pump and make the bottle clear, so you know how much product is left. I will continue to purchase this to stave off signs of aging and improve my skin texture and clarity.

on 11/14/2012 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This serum has fantastic ingredients which do not exacerbate acne issues. I've been using it for 2 months to get rid of acne and post-acne hyperpigmentation, and it's been working very well in that regard. My skin is a little less oily and a lot smoother and my acne scars are fading faster than they would without anything. however, the preservative that they use (methylisothiazolinone) is very irritating to me...I googled it and it causes contact dermatitis in a good part of the population. So, while the serum itself is great, I won't be using it anymore because of itching and would recommend that sensitive skins stay away.

on 7/24/2012 10:39:00 AM

So far I love this. I have been using this for almost 2 weeks, will update over time. I have also used AH souffle, swipes and oil-free. I've never had any acne issues with any of them. The swipes and souffle can tingle and be uncomfortable to use every day.

This serum is my new favorite AH daytime treatment. Unlike other AH products, this completely disappears into my skin, and I don't experience any burning or tingling sensation so far which makes me more likely to use this. I use about 3-4 drops for my entire face. I also am using it to lighten some recent scars on my arm. I think it will last a long time. My skin looks really good since I started using this. Time will tell, but I am enjoying the glow now.

There are preservatives, check the ingredients. If the serum drips somewhere, it will crystallize and turn white, and I see that on that cap sometimes. That is noted as normal on the mfr website. I like that I am able to drip out a drop at a time, no waste.

EDIT: December 2014: I had to stop using Alpha-Hydrox products after I developed a sensitivity. I used these products for about three years, realizing earlier this year that the small acne bumps all over my face were actually being caused by this regimen. I purchased all my AH products direct from the company during their great sales (you should get on their mailing list if you like them!). It is possible that my AH products (since I bought several at a time) were a little old and that might be related to the sensitivity thing. In any case, I find that over time, most products stop being effective for me. I am not too disappointed, this regimen became a but harsh on my skin.