Alpha Skin Care Intensive Rejuvinating Serum 14% Glycolic AHA

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Alpha Skin Care Intensive Rejuvinating Serum 14% Glycolic AHA
Intensive Rejuvinating Serum 14% Glycolic AHAAlpha Skin Care

4.6

Water, Glycolic Acid, Ammonium Hydroxide, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Matricaria Extract, Green Tea Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Aloe Baradensis Juice, Wheatgemamidopropyldimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Cellulose Gum, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate. (note they have reformulated and changed the preservative to a less irritating ingredient)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Oily, break-out prone skin beware! If I wasn't so sensitive to Sodium Hyaluronate, I would love this. I stopped using this on my face because I started breaking-out, I got large closed-comedones on my forehead, which was strange.

I think this would be great for dry skin, because my skin felt extra hydrated in the morning after using this at night, but it did leave a greasy residue on my skin.

I prefer the Aqua Glycolic toner (renamed Mederma, I think?) It has very few ingredients, doesn't clog my skin, and is ideal for oily skin IMO.

on 12/18/2016 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been using Alpha products since they hit the market over two decades ago (when they were Alpha Hydrox) and the very first AHAs on the market. It's been a staple in my routine ever since, and you can look at my pics to see what this, strong sunscreen, and a few other potions (primarily Paula's Choice serums) have done for a 45 yo smoker (the b&w pic does have airbrushing, I'll admit, if anyone looks) who has never had a chemical peel, been in a tanning bed, or had any plastic surgery. I'm proof it's THE Holy Grail product along with a properly pH'd BHA, which declogs pores & prevents blackheads.

I use this first, then a BHA (unless my skin needs me to ease off, which happens in cold weather), a serum, Olay Total Effects 7 in the pump container (best deal for a whopping dose of skin-repairing niacinamide), and maybe Cerave Healing Ointment or vaseline under my eyes, around my mouth and along my nose.

If that's too much for you, by all means make this one the start of your nightly routine followed by whatever potion you like. It exfoliates skin, thus turning cells over faster & reducing fine lines, pores, imperfections & discolorations. It takes skin six weeks to turn over, so don't expect immediate results from anything not prescribed by a doctor. It will sting at first application, and this may subside for you, or you may be like me and forever experience at least an initial tingle.

WARNING: if you're new to using AHAs, I strongly recommend beginning with a 8-10% AHA solution because 14% is almost the strongest you can go without a prescription. It's easy to go overboard & end up causing more harm than good, then blaming the product. Gentle is always the key, as you can always build up but not build down.

on 9/22/2016 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm on my third or fourth bottle of this serum. It has quality ingredients, the price is amazingly low and it is effective. I use it most nights before I moisturize. It keeps my skin looking clear, fresh and tight. I LOVE this line and have been a faithful customer of this brand for years! Even when I stray, I always come back!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I tried this out first time last night. Mind you, I have used 10% AHA from PC nightly with no negative reaction, so I decided to bump it up as I have liked the effect of 10% on reduction of my acne/blocked pores and making my skin smooth. I still do have a couple that needs to be taken care of, so I decided to try this. Besides it's a bit cheaper than PC, so an alternative would be great. PC Aus about $60 (sometimes free shipping), I got this around $25 + $6 (3 day shipping).
First of all, this has a liquid watery consistency, just like the PC 10%. It absorbs quickly, no stickiness. No stinging/redness for me. In the morning, my skin is nice and smooth. I had a pimple forming last night and I couldn't pop it. So I put this on and waited for a few hours before putting on e.l.f zit zapper on the spot very liberally (yes it did sting but bearable). In the morning I could pop it easily!
Secondly, this also has a pretty good pH (4) to do its job effectively. The lower the better though and 4 is the upper range of where it needs to be effective. So I do tone with diluted ACV before putting this on, hopefully to increase its effectiveness too. So far, I'm happy to report that it does its job without causing irritation.

Update 15/3/16. Dropped one lippy. I'm not sure about this now as I do get random pimples (even blind pimples) and oily dehydrated forehead. I have to patch test this to a specific area to confirm this. PC 10% AHA never caused this problem if I remember right. Not sure if it's because different strength or due a reaction from other ingredients as they quite differ. I will use both PC and this on different parts of my face and will see which one I like better

on 2/23/2016 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I just Love this product! It has a new package and is now called ALPHA Skin Care. But it is still manufactured by Neoteric Cosmetics in Denver, CO and appears the ingredients are all the same. Instead of being labeled Intensive Serum, it is now "Rejuvenating Serum".

I have used two other forms of their Glycolic Acid, but will continue to repurchase this one. I like the consistency of the serum and have never had any tingling or burning or redness from it.

I believe the price may have gone up just a tad, but the product for the price is unbeatable in my opinion.

I hope this helps and look forward to reading new reviews.

This is a great serum for my skin. My skin seems to really like AHA's and I has used the soufflé from this brand and loved it. So, when I saw the serum I wanted to try this. A little about my skin I had adult acne till 2012 when I found MUA from wanting to learn about retin a. I used retin a for a year and finally I was able to switch off to peels, AHA's and bha's. I had dark spots from having acne and I started treating that with 40% Alpha hydroxy peels and mandelic acid as well. Finally I got to the point where all I need is good skincare. This is where these products have come in.

I use this to upkeep my skin so to speak. This for 14% doesn't sting at all on my skin. It's like a very watery gel but a few drops go a long way. After washing I apply my gokujyun lotion, eye cream, then my serums being this and the Mizon all in one snail cream. I top off my serum with CeraVe PM and a little Embroylisse to seal it all in. My skin looks so smooth, clear, and luminous. It's even working on my stubborn milia. It has really calmed it down. I really like Alpha Hydrox products because they are no frills, tell you what's in their product, and give you the Ph.

I will definitely repurchase this as so far the Alpha Hydrox line has really worked well for me. There might be a little crystallization around the lid but that's normal. I like the packaging and how easy it is to apply. It just goes right into my skin, doesn't irritate, and has no perfumes which I appreciate. My dark spots are gone as well. It took awhile but this helps keep them from coming back. This of course with sunscreen as that's the most important thing to me that I have learned with my skincare. I also like this as an upkeep between peels. Great product!

on 12/1/2015 3:11:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

I've been using the Alpha Hydrox products from Neoteric for many years. Don't dismiss these products because of their low (fair) pricing. They ARE very effective!!

Neoteric maintains proper PH levels on all their products. I LOVE this "serum". It's quite watery - doesn't have the thickness of some serums. And it is EFFECTIVE!

I use Tretinoin and do some glycolic peels at home occasionally, along with at-home TCA 20% peels about 4 x/year and I gotta say that this AHA serum still stings just a tiny bit. It keeps my aging skin bright and it seriously makes a difference.

I highly, highly recommend Neoteric's entire line of skin care. It absolutely makes a difference in brightening skin, and warding off fine lines & wrinkles, and also softening the look of the lines. It's also the best-priced line I've found.

on 3/12/2015 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

As someone trying to ward off the effects of aging, I have begun to dabble in various skincare, including AHA's. I have to say, my experience with this particular product has been close to ideal. After some trial and error with application, I believe I have figured out how to get the best results for my skin and its needs.

I have previously tried the AH 12% Souffle with some degree of success. I then tried the 10% oil free treatment. I only lasted a week because the texture (gel) was off putting to me and the results were non existent, perhaps due to the decrease in AHA %. While at Ulta a month ago, I stumbled upon this serum. I began using it right away and haven't looked back since.

This is a thin serum, which I would assume is due to it being water as opposed to oil-based. The bottle says to apply with cotton but I use my (clean) fingers. Three drops is all I need to cover my entire face and neck. For reference, my skin is combination and my hope is to reduce my pore size and improve the texture of my skin. For these purposes, this serum works wonderfully! I use this on clean skin, after my Vitamin C/hyaluronic acid serum and before moisturizer (Oil of Olay spf 15). It absorbs right into my skin and leaves it smooth as glass. I've noticed my breakouts are very few and far between and my pores are shrinking daily! I do notice a slight tightening after it sinks in but no irritation whatsoever. This does have a high concentration of AHA's, so easing in gradually is the way to go.

I found this on sale for <$10 and you get a fair amount of product for the price. My only improvement would be to have this in a pump and make the bottle clear, so you know how much product is left. I will continue to purchase this to stave off signs of aging and improve my skin texture and clarity.

on 10/5/2014 8:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I was searching for a good and strong AHA, as I have many acne marks and my skin tone is everything but not even. This stuff is very good. I use it 3 times/week, in the evenings, the other nights I use Differin. The next morning I wake up with a brighter and glowing skin. In 2 months of use(paired with Differin and BHA), has made my skin look way better, brighter, more even and almost no break-outs. I also like that is has a light consistency and it's absorbed quickly, which is very good for my oily skin. It stung only the first time when I applied it, but I take care to have my skin totally dry before applying(I usually wait 5-10min after I applied a toner and just after I use this).

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

OMG this is a really amazing product and one of the very few i saw results while using it.
I only got this as my BFF in US send it to me to try after she bought quite few her self. I told her to send if she want but wasn't expecting anything and i decide to give a try as i do like trying new products but quite faithful to my routine for quite time now.
Time ago i use to read SCB all the time and the gals there advise using AHA or BHA ( depends what your skin like - mine hate BHA ) as well as Vit.C serum , A-Ret & sunscreen. Well now i use all of those and for few years on A-Ret my skin is quite good and free of wrinkles at my 37 which is amazing as i m smoker :-(.
Anyway as for AHA i used PC 8% for about 2 years and was quite happy and wasn't really looking for anything to replace it. I use AHA every other night alternatively with A-Ret.
Well i tho i m really happy with PC till i tried this product which honestly is amazing.
All those years and all this skincare products i hardly ever saw noticeable results after using one product in particular. I'll be honest with you i do not even know what AHA is exactly about but use as recommendation to the SCB but after using this for quite few weeks my skin be come VERY much lighter and clear. I do not suffer from spots or break outs but did have quite few dark spots. As i said my skin brighten up significantly while using this and i don't have visible wrinkles but quite few fine lines and i can tell those look much better as well.
I m honest in my review and really amazed by the results of this product . This is one of the products i wish i've made pictures before & after as you can see how much brighter my skin be come,
Will definitely buy again and keep using this instead of PC as i was happy with the PC as there wasn't bad reactions or anything like but cant tell i saw anything else after using it for about 2 years . So there we go very happy i found AHA that do show some results.

BTW i have quite sensitive and dry skin as of the A-Ret use for around 5/6 years now but this serum even much stronger than the PC don't bother my skin whatsoever. It can tangle a little after cleansing masque on sundays but thats all i notice .