Alpha Skin Care Intensive Rejuvinating Serum 14% Glycolic AHA

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Alpha Skin Care Intensive Rejuvinating Serum 14% Glycolic AHA
Intensive Rejuvinating Serum 14% Glycolic AHAIntensive Rejuvinating Serum 14% Glycolic AHAAlpha Skin Care

4.6

Water, Glycolic Acid, Ammonium Hydroxide, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Matricaria Extract, Green Tea Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Aloe Baradensis Juice, Wheatgemamidopropyldimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Cellulose Gum, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate. (note they have reformulated and changed the preservative to a less irritating ingredient)

on 8/26/2018 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I use this at least 3x a week and I love, love, love it.

Me: 47 next month. A few shallow wrinkles around my eyes, no acne, and some (a half dozen or so) brown spots from not knowing about Asian/Euro sunscreens and high PPD until a few years ago. I also have mild melasma near my ears on my lower cheeks, and melasma is a curse.

It will fade your sun spots nicely, but melasma is a tougher. It does take everything down a level or two, but it's not a high enough % to really fade them in a dramatic way.

I recommend this to everyone over 35 or so, but you must use a heavy duty high PPD sunscreen. And I'd recommend easing into it - once a week, then twice a week, and so on. I can use it daily but I baby my skin otherwise - no Retin A, oil cleansing with regular coconut oil, and a low pH cleanser.

It is as thin as water and you need to be careful when you pump it out. I try to pump it onto my fingers but it doesn't quite work - it's better to do it into the palm of your hand and then spread it around with your fingertips. One pump should be enough for most people, but most nights I use two.

I will use this until I'm dead. Honestly.

on 12/16/2016 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Holy Grail. I am on my fourth bottle. Helps combat my fine lines and acne. My skin looks rejuvenated. I wish everyone knew about alpha hydrox! This is very lightweight and watery, I apply in the evening and wake up looking fresh. I wish I knew about this product a long time ago. Make sure you use sunscreen, this will make your skin more sensitive to the sun. This product is incredibly cheap in comparison to almost every other serum. I purchase via amazon. Will use as long as it is available.

on 12/31/2015 1:24:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Wow, I am so impressed! This made such a difference in the appearance of skin in such a short time! I feel silly looking back on all the expensive items I have purchased when this did the trick and exceeded my expectation. I can't wait to try out the other items in this line.

on 12/11/2015 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

WOW! This product is just amazing! It's cheap in price, but the ingredients in this is top notch! Doesn't contain any comedogenic ingredients and it is the right pH and concentration to actually work wonders on the skin! I saw immediate results after one night . My skin is smoother and my blemishes (which I got from using Josie Maran's Argan Oil Light) have dramatically decreased. The texture is watery and soaks right into my skin. I layer Josie Maran's Argan Oil (the regular version!) over it every night and I get baby soft skin in the morning. If you are new to aha products, I would recommend patch testing as the concentration of this product is pretty high. But I used this just fine and did not even feel a tingle. So glad I found this product!

on 11/13/2013 2:24:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I have been using this everyday for the last year. It is a watery serum that quickly absorbs into skin. It is at an effective pH level to be beneficial to the skin. I have combination skin and this is not enough moisture for me so I usually add a light moisturizer on top and then sunscreen. It gently exfoliates my skin and keeps my pores unclogged.

on 2/7/2013 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

This is a very effective product. It has a consistency like water. It dries very quickly, and makeup wears well over it; it does not affect makeup application. I've had no irritation/stinging, and it leaves my skin radiant after usage. I am very clog-prone and break out very easily; this has not broken me out, and it appears to have faded some of my sun spots and acne scars. I've used this for 6 months and will continue to use. I only purchase when it's on sale.

Update 9/2014: I was given MD Forte Lotion II and MD Forte Lotion III; I loooooove them! However, I will not be able to afford them when finished, so then it will be back to Alpha Hydrox Intensive Serum.

Update 7/09/14: I bounced this down a lippie. I started using this again after I ran out of my MD Forte Lotion I & Lotion II. This Alpha Hydrox Serum broke me out after only 2 nights of use. Before when I was using it, I was aggressively exfoliating every morning & evening--as well as using RetinoA. As my routine has changed to a gentler, less aggressive approach, the propyl glycol broke me out (as it usually does). Also, this product stings much more than the MD Forte did, even with the Facial Lotion II, which is 20%). My oily, hyper-allergic skin responded so well to the MD Forte Facial Lotions that switching back to this didn't work out. This serum, while a nice consistency, left my face with an oily sheen, and exacerbated my oil production; most products do that to me, so I didn't think anything of it. However, the MD Forte Facial Lotions actually reduced my oil production, dried matte, and made such a visible/noticeable difference that I realized that I didn't HAVE to stay with products that did perform as well. Sadly, the MD Forte Facial Lotions have been discontinued. (Am always the last to find out.) I found an e-store that still had some, and stocked up. While I wouldn't buy the Alpha Hydrox Serum again, it is an excellent product--it just doesn't work as well with my skin.

on 7/24/2012 10:39:00 AM

So far I love this. I have been using this for almost 2 weeks, will update over time. I have also used AH souffle, swipes and oil-free. I've never had any acne issues with any of them. The swipes and souffle can tingle and be uncomfortable to use every day.

This serum is my new favorite AH daytime treatment. Unlike other AH products, this completely disappears into my skin, and I don't experience any burning or tingling sensation so far which makes me more likely to use this. I use about 3-4 drops for my entire face. I also am using it to lighten some recent scars on my arm. I think it will last a long time. My skin looks really good since I started using this. Time will tell, but I am enjoying the glow now.

There are preservatives, check the ingredients. If the serum drips somewhere, it will crystallize and turn white, and I see that on that cap sometimes. That is noted as normal on the mfr website. I like that I am able to drip out a drop at a time, no waste.

EDIT: December 2014: I had to stop using Alpha-Hydrox products after I developed a sensitivity. I used these products for about three years, realizing earlier this year that the small acne bumps all over my face were actually being caused by this regimen. I purchased all my AH products direct from the company during their great sales (you should get on their mailing list if you like them!). It is possible that my AH products (since I bought several at a time) were a little old and that might be related to the sensitivity thing. In any case, I find that over time, most products stop being effective for me. I am not too disappointed, this regimen became a but harsh on my skin.