Alpha Skin Care Intensive Rejuvinating Serum 14% Glycolic AHA

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Alpha Skin Care Intensive Rejuvinating Serum 14% Glycolic AHA
Intensive Rejuvinating Serum 14% Glycolic AHAAlpha Skin Care

3.0

Water, Glycolic Acid, Ammonium Hydroxide, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Matricaria Extract, Green Tea Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Aloe Baradensis Juice, Wheatgemamidopropyldimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Cellulose Gum, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate. (note they have reformulated and changed the preservative to a less irritating ingredient)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Oily, break-out prone skin beware! If I wasn't so sensitive to Sodium Hyaluronate, I would love this. I stopped using this on my face because I started breaking-out, I got large closed-comedones on my forehead, which was strange.

I think this would be great for dry skin, because my skin felt extra hydrated in the morning after using this at night, but it did leave a greasy residue on my skin.

I prefer the Aqua Glycolic toner (renamed Mederma, I think?) It has very few ingredients, doesn't clog my skin, and is ideal for oily skin IMO.

on 2/7/2013 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is a very effective product. It has a consistency like water. It dries very quickly, and makeup wears well over it; it does not affect makeup application. I've had no irritation/stinging, and it leaves my skin radiant after usage. I am very clog-prone and break out very easily; this has not broken me out, and it appears to have faded some of my sun spots and acne scars. I've used this for 6 months and will continue to use. I only purchase when it's on sale.

Update 9/2014: I was given MD Forte Lotion II and MD Forte Lotion III; I loooooove them! However, I will not be able to afford them when finished, so then it will be back to Alpha Hydrox Intensive Serum.

Update 7/09/14: I bounced this down a lippie. I started using this again after I ran out of my MD Forte Lotion I & Lotion II. This Alpha Hydrox Serum broke me out after only 2 nights of use. Before when I was using it, I was aggressively exfoliating every morning & evening--as well as using RetinoA. As my routine has changed to a gentler, less aggressive approach, the propyl glycol broke me out (as it usually does). Also, this product stings much more than the MD Forte did, even with the Facial Lotion II, which is 20%). My oily, hyper-allergic skin responded so well to the MD Forte Facial Lotions that switching back to this didn't work out. This serum, while a nice consistency, left my face with an oily sheen, and exacerbated my oil production; most products do that to me, so I didn't think anything of it. However, the MD Forte Facial Lotions actually reduced my oil production, dried matte, and made such a visible/noticeable difference that I realized that I didn't HAVE to stay with products that did perform as well. Sadly, the MD Forte Facial Lotions have been discontinued. (Am always the last to find out.) I found an e-store that still had some, and stocked up. While I wouldn't buy the Alpha Hydrox Serum again, it is an excellent product--it just doesn't work as well with my skin.