Alpha Skin Care Intensive Rejuvinating Serum 14% Glycolic AHA

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Alpha Skin Care Intensive Rejuvinating Serum 14% Glycolic AHA
Intensive Rejuvinating Serum 14% Glycolic AHAAlpha Skin Care

4.6

Water, Glycolic Acid, Ammonium Hydroxide, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Matricaria Extract, Green Tea Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Aloe Baradensis Juice, Wheatgemamidopropyldimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Cellulose Gum, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate. (note they have reformulated and changed the preservative to a less irritating ingredient)

on 12/16/2016 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Holy Grail. I am on my fourth bottle. Helps combat my fine lines and acne. My skin looks rejuvenated. I wish everyone knew about alpha hydrox! This is very lightweight and watery, I apply in the evening and wake up looking fresh. I wish I knew about this product a long time ago. Make sure you use sunscreen, this will make your skin more sensitive to the sun. This product is incredibly cheap in comparison to almost every other serum. I purchase via amazon. Will use as long as it is available.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I tried this out first time last night. Mind you, I have used 10% AHA from PC nightly with no negative reaction, so I decided to bump it up as I have liked the effect of 10% on reduction of my acne/blocked pores and making my skin smooth. I still do have a couple that needs to be taken care of, so I decided to try this. Besides it's a bit cheaper than PC, so an alternative would be great. PC Aus about $60 (sometimes free shipping), I got this around $25 + $6 (3 day shipping).
First of all, this has a liquid watery consistency, just like the PC 10%. It absorbs quickly, no stickiness. No stinging/redness for me. In the morning, my skin is nice and smooth. I had a pimple forming last night and I couldn't pop it. So I put this on and waited for a few hours before putting on e.l.f zit zapper on the spot very liberally (yes it did sting but bearable). In the morning I could pop it easily!
Secondly, this also has a pretty good pH (4) to do its job effectively. The lower the better though and 4 is the upper range of where it needs to be effective. So I do tone with diluted ACV before putting this on, hopefully to increase its effectiveness too. So far, I'm happy to report that it does its job without causing irritation.

Update 15/3/16. Dropped one lippy. I'm not sure about this now as I do get random pimples (even blind pimples) and oily dehydrated forehead. I have to patch test this to a specific area to confirm this. PC 10% AHA never caused this problem if I remember right. Not sure if it's because different strength or due a reaction from other ingredients as they quite differ. I will use both PC and this on different parts of my face and will see which one I like better

on 10/5/2014 8:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I was searching for a good and strong AHA, as I have many acne marks and my skin tone is everything but not even. This stuff is very good. I use it 3 times/week, in the evenings, the other nights I use Differin. The next morning I wake up with a brighter and glowing skin. In 2 months of use(paired with Differin and BHA), has made my skin look way better, brighter, more even and almost no break-outs. I also like that is has a light consistency and it's absorbed quickly, which is very good for my oily skin. It stung only the first time when I applied it, but I take care to have my skin totally dry before applying(I usually wait 5-10min after I applied a toner and just after I use this).

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Light, non-greasy and non-sticky and not much of smell, to me anyway. It tingles a little especially if you use something like a facial scrub prior to use as the small beads or ground nuts that may be in the scrub causes superficial, small tears on the skin- so keep that in mind. It also may tingle and sting if you started off with a higher concentration from the jump, instead of using a lower concentration then letting your skin adjust. I started off with the 10% oil-free serum for a few months from Alpha Hydrox, then switched up to this. Anyway, my skin felt smoother, softer, plumper and more glowing first few days I started using it which is a miracle because I got acne scars really bad under my neck and on the side of my face, but now I can't stop touching my skin and not recoiling in disgust. Additionally, I like that it has a top that can snap open and closed with a push of a finger on top. Since the ingredients can degrade when exposed to air, its quite convenient. Speaking of packaging, the bottle I have looks different from the picture that's the thumbnail, I guess they changed it since last. Anyway, I couldn't find it in stores so I got it from amazon for $15 and some change for a 2 oz bottle..spendy I know, especially for such a small amount but its so worth it. Total re-buy.

on 9/26/2012 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I've been using this serum for the past 14 days, twice a day (in the morning under sunscreen and at bedtime). Results to date: my skin is smooth, pores on my forehead and cheeks look great, pores on my chin and nose (the ones that have usually been very clogged) are in better shape. I wash my face with Alpha Hydrox foaming wash and I use Elta MD physical tinted sunblock. I can see significant difference in the state of my pores and conidition of my skin after using this serum consistently. I will repurchase.