Alpha Skin Care Intensive Rejuvinating Serum 14% Glycolic AHA

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Alpha Skin Care Intensive Rejuvinating Serum 14% Glycolic AHA
Intensive Rejuvinating Serum 14% Glycolic AHAAlpha Skin Care

Water, Glycolic Acid, Ammonium Hydroxide, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Matricaria Extract, Green Tea Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Aloe Baradensis Juice, Wheatgemamidopropyldimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Cellulose Gum, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate. (note they have reformulated and changed the preservative to a less irritating ingredient)

on 2/13/2016 11:38:00 AM

I have only been using this for about 2 weeks and what a difference! I used the 10% for years with good results, along with several other AHA products. This one isn't so easy to find, finally tracked it down online for around $17.

I'm 52, and have been genetically lucky, especially considering all the sun damage I've done to my skin. However, with menopause just starting, the aging process is speeding up in a scary way. My skin has been looking pretty dull, and though I have no deep wrinkles, I think the texture of my skin is getting rougher, not as tight and smooth. I like using powder foundations and powder highlighters, and was hating the way the powders accented all the little imperfections in my skin texture. The 1% retinol product I'd been using was not doing much, and I was planning on seeing a dermatologist and seeing about getting on some prescription products....before I decided to try this!

After removing makeup and cleansing at night, I use a toner, then wait about 15 minutes until my skin is really dry. AHA's need to go on dry skin to work. You only need about a dime sized amount of this liquid gel. I spread it all over my face, avoiding the eye lids.

In two weeks of use, my skin looks much smoother, more plumped up. I am really pleased with this stuff, and until I start using Retin A, I'm sticking with this!

on 6/10/2014 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Have been using this for about a month. Very light weight watery serum, easy to use. I thought at 14% it would be more stingy but it is not at all which makes me wonder how effective it is. pH is 3.7. I used to use the souffle which stung more than this at 12%. My skin is happy with it though. So don't be afraid to try this because of the higher percentage acid. It has some nice conditioning agents in it.