Alpha Skin Care Intensive Rejuvinating Serum 14% Glycolic AHA

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Alpha Skin Care Intensive Rejuvinating Serum 14% Glycolic AHA
Intensive Rejuvinating Serum 14% Glycolic AHAAlpha Skin Care

Water, Glycolic Acid, Ammonium Hydroxide, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Matricaria Extract, Green Tea Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Aloe Baradensis Juice, Wheatgemamidopropyldimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Cellulose Gum, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate. (note they have reformulated and changed the preservative to a less irritating ingredient)

on 9/26/2017 12:40:00 PM

This is an excellent lightweight serum used to combat fine lines and wrinkles and to improve skin texture and clarity.

Price: I bought this, at 2 ounces for $19, on Amazon. Compared to the last AHA serum I was using (at $90 for 1oz), it's a steal.

Packaging: Air tight bottle with a pump. Perfectly adequate

Product: I have been using AHA's on my skin for a few years: Neostrata Level 2, Neostrata Level 3, Peter Thomas Roth, Drunk Elephant and Paula's Choice (I have reviews on all except the PC, which did nothing for me). I was burning through the $90 / ounce stuff too quickly, even with only 1 pump a night. This is slightly more watery than the last serum I used, but the effects are similar--apply in the evening after washing and in the morning, my skin feels smoother, clearer and brighter. 14% is a fairly high formulation of AHA, and I definitely get a slight tingle the first minute or so following application, but nothing unbearable. Definitely do not start with this if you have never used AHA's on your skin before--the Neostrata Level 2 Smoothing lotion, at 10%, is a good beginner product, I think: easy on the wallet, easy to start slow with application and results fairly quickly. I think this product is an excellent choice for those who have been around AHA's for awhile and have a hard time justifying the much higher price point of some similar products.

on 9/22/2016 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm on my third or fourth bottle of this serum. It has quality ingredients, the price is amazingly low and it is effective. I use it most nights before I moisturize. It keeps my skin looking clear, fresh and tight. I LOVE this line and have been a faithful customer of this brand for years! Even when I stray, I always come back!

on 2/23/2016 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I just Love this product! It has a new package and is now called ALPHA Skin Care. But it is still manufactured by Neoteric Cosmetics in Denver, CO and appears the ingredients are all the same. Instead of being labeled Intensive Serum, it is now "Rejuvenating Serum".

I have used two other forms of their Glycolic Acid, but will continue to repurchase this one. I like the consistency of the serum and have never had any tingling or burning or redness from it.

I believe the price may have gone up just a tad, but the product for the price is unbeatable in my opinion.

I hope this helps and look forward to reading new reviews.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

OMG this is a really amazing product and one of the very few i saw results while using it.
I only got this as my BFF in US send it to me to try after she bought quite few her self. I told her to send if she want but wasn't expecting anything and i decide to give a try as i do like trying new products but quite faithful to my routine for quite time now.
Time ago i use to read SCB all the time and the gals there advise using AHA or BHA ( depends what your skin like - mine hate BHA ) as well as Vit.C serum , A-Ret & sunscreen. Well now i use all of those and for few years on A-Ret my skin is quite good and free of wrinkles at my 37 which is amazing as i m smoker :-(.
Anyway as for AHA i used PC 8% for about 2 years and was quite happy and wasn't really looking for anything to replace it. I use AHA every other night alternatively with A-Ret.
Well i tho i m really happy with PC till i tried this product which honestly is amazing.
All those years and all this skincare products i hardly ever saw noticeable results after using one product in particular. I'll be honest with you i do not even know what AHA is exactly about but use as recommendation to the SCB but after using this for quite few weeks my skin be come VERY much lighter and clear. I do not suffer from spots or break outs but did have quite few dark spots. As i said my skin brighten up significantly while using this and i don't have visible wrinkles but quite few fine lines and i can tell those look much better as well.
I m honest in my review and really amazed by the results of this product . This is one of the products i wish i've made pictures before & after as you can see how much brighter my skin be come,
Will definitely buy again and keep using this instead of PC as i was happy with the PC as there wasn't bad reactions or anything like but cant tell i saw anything else after using it for about 2 years . So there we go very happy i found AHA that do show some results.

BTW i have quite sensitive and dry skin as of the A-Ret use for around 5/6 years now but this serum even much stronger than the PC don't bother my skin whatsoever. It can tangle a little after cleansing masque on sundays but thats all i notice .