Alpha Skin Care Intensive Rejuvinating Serum 14% Glycolic AHA

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Alpha Skin Care Intensive Rejuvinating Serum 14% Glycolic AHA
Intensive Rejuvinating Serum 14% Glycolic AHAAlpha Skin Care

4.4

Water, Glycolic Acid, Ammonium Hydroxide, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Matricaria Extract, Green Tea Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Aloe Baradensis Juice, Wheatgemamidopropyldimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Cellulose Gum, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate. (note they have reformulated and changed the preservative to a less irritating ingredient)

on 4/23/2017 10:20:00 AM

Amazing forget every other product, if you could onlyhave one product for your skin this is the one! Use night and day before moisturising and after 2 weeks my skin is gleaming! It feels plumper, more hydrated and dont need as much moisturiser, my skin tone is more even and all out breaks have cleared up. My skin looks and feels younger, this serum encourages your skin to renew its self faster and encourages collagen production. Love this hit dont forget to protect your new fresh skin with a high spf, I recommend rosay poche face mist spf 50 💋

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Oily, break-out prone skin beware! If I wasn't so sensitive to Sodium Hyaluronate, I would love this. I stopped using this on my face because I started breaking-out, I got large closed-comedones on my forehead, which was strange.

I think this would be great for dry skin, because my skin felt extra hydrated in the morning after using this at night, but it did leave a greasy residue on my skin.

I prefer the Aqua Glycolic toner (renamed Mederma, I think?) It has very few ingredients, doesn't clog my skin, and is ideal for oily skin IMO.

This is a great serum for my skin. My skin seems to really like AHA's and I has used the soufflé from this brand and loved it. So, when I saw the serum I wanted to try this. A little about my skin I had adult acne till 2012 when I found MUA from wanting to learn about retin a. I used retin a for a year and finally I was able to switch off to peels, AHA's and bha's. I had dark spots from having acne and I started treating that with 40% Alpha hydroxy peels and mandelic acid as well. Finally I got to the point where all I need is good skincare. This is where these products have come in.

I use this to upkeep my skin so to speak. This for 14% doesn't sting at all on my skin. It's like a very watery gel but a few drops go a long way. After washing I apply my gokujyun lotion, eye cream, then my serums being this and the Mizon all in one snail cream. I top off my serum with CeraVe PM and a little Embroylisse to seal it all in. My skin looks so smooth, clear, and luminous. It's even working on my stubborn milia. It has really calmed it down. I really like Alpha Hydrox products because they are no frills, tell you what's in their product, and give you the Ph.

I will definitely repurchase this as so far the Alpha Hydrox line has really worked well for me. There might be a little crystallization around the lid but that's normal. I like the packaging and how easy it is to apply. It just goes right into my skin, doesn't irritate, and has no perfumes which I appreciate. My dark spots are gone as well. It took awhile but this helps keep them from coming back. This of course with sunscreen as that's the most important thing to me that I have learned with my skincare. I also like this as an upkeep between peels. Great product!

on 10/5/2014 8:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I was searching for a good and strong AHA, as I have many acne marks and my skin tone is everything but not even. This stuff is very good. I use it 3 times/week, in the evenings, the other nights I use Differin. The next morning I wake up with a brighter and glowing skin. In 2 months of use(paired with Differin and BHA), has made my skin look way better, brighter, more even and almost no break-outs. I also like that is has a light consistency and it's absorbed quickly, which is very good for my oily skin. It stung only the first time when I applied it, but I take care to have my skin totally dry before applying(I usually wait 5-10min after I applied a toner and just after I use this).

on 11/13/2013 2:24:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I have been using this everyday for the last year. It is a watery serum that quickly absorbs into skin. It is at an effective pH level to be beneficial to the skin. I have combination skin and this is not enough moisture for me so I usually add a light moisturizer on top and then sunscreen. It gently exfoliates my skin and keeps my pores unclogged.

on 11/22/2012 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I concur with the first reviewer. I tried this as an AHA replacement for the swipes (also a good product). This IS oil free, it dries completely with no residue, makeup goes on well over it, and no burning/irritation--for me--and I'm allergic to most everything. I bought backups when it went on sale After 2 months of morning use, I'm very pleased with the product and it's results. Yes, I would buy it again--and recommend it to others.

on 11/14/2012 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This serum has fantastic ingredients which do not exacerbate acne issues. I've been using it for 2 months to get rid of acne and post-acne hyperpigmentation, and it's been working very well in that regard. My skin is a little less oily and a lot smoother and my acne scars are fading faster than they would without anything. however, the preservative that they use (methylisothiazolinone) is very irritating to me...I googled it and it causes contact dermatitis in a good part of the population. So, while the serum itself is great, I won't be using it anymore because of itching and would recommend that sensitive skins stay away.

on 7/24/2012 10:39:00 AM

So far I love this. I have been using this for almost 2 weeks, will update over time. I have also used AH souffle, swipes and oil-free. I've never had any acne issues with any of them. The swipes and souffle can tingle and be uncomfortable to use every day.

This serum is my new favorite AH daytime treatment. Unlike other AH products, this completely disappears into my skin, and I don't experience any burning or tingling sensation so far which makes me more likely to use this. I use about 3-4 drops for my entire face. I also am using it to lighten some recent scars on my arm. I think it will last a long time. My skin looks really good since I started using this. Time will tell, but I am enjoying the glow now.

There are preservatives, check the ingredients. If the serum drips somewhere, it will crystallize and turn white, and I see that on that cap sometimes. That is noted as normal on the mfr website. I like that I am able to drip out a drop at a time, no waste.

EDIT: December 2014: I had to stop using Alpha-Hydrox products after I developed a sensitivity. I used these products for about three years, realizing earlier this year that the small acne bumps all over my face were actually being caused by this regimen. I purchased all my AH products direct from the company during their great sales (you should get on their mailing list if you like them!). It is possible that my AH products (since I bought several at a time) were a little old and that might be related to the sensitivity thing. In any case, I find that over time, most products stop being effective for me. I am not too disappointed, this regimen became a but harsh on my skin.