MAC Mineralize Skinfinish - Medium Plus

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish - Medium Plus

4.3

*INGREDIENT*-FUNCTION-[optional]TalcMicaPigmentDimethiconeEmollientPolysorbate SurfactantEmulsifierSimmondsia Chinensis Seed OilMoisturizerEmollientExtrait de levureTocopheryl AcetateMoisturizerAntioxidantRetinyl PalmitateAntioxidantLauroyl lysineIsopropyl PalmitateSolventFragranceSynthetic esterMoisturizerEthylhexyl methoxycinnamateSunscreenlimited extensiveMagnesium Aluminum SilicateBHTPreservativeSodium DehydroacetatePreservativePhenoxyethanolPreservativeTitanium DioxidePigmentSunscreenCI 42090PigmentBismuth OxychloridePigmentCarminePigmentChromium Hydroxide GreenPigmentChromium Oxide GreensPigmentFerric FerrocyanidePigmentManganese VioletPigmentCI 15850PigmentRed 7 LakePigmentUltramarinesPigmentCI15985

on 12/2/2015 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I thought it was good. I however, decided to change my foundation due to my character. Once, again.

on 11/29/2015 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I always thought this powder was overrated until I tried it. I got a makeup app at MAC and they used it on me and like someone below wrote it's the perfect blend of giving good coverage, while adding some glow. Very natural coverage and super long lasting. I never even have to reapply this.

To Read all 36 Reviews, Login or Join

on 10/9/2015 7:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I was on the look out for a new powder foundation, to use on its own, with a satin effect (not too matte and not too glowy) and light to medium coverage. My face is covered in freckles, so a too matte and covering powder just makes me look dead... I have and love Facefinity powder compact by Max Factor, but it contains glitters so I wanted something without it. After doing some research I came to this powder by MAC.
The MUA used Medium on one half of my face and Medium Plus on the other half. Medium was invisible, while still covering my redness, but made my freckles look grey-ish and looked a bit powdery. The Medium Plus looked slightly warmer, less powdery and made my freckles look like themselves, so the choice was easily made, I bought Medium Plus :). For reference, I'm NC20 throughout most of the year (height of summer I might be a little darker, but not much). I do think I will have to buy the Medium further down the line when winter has left it's mark on my skin tone ;).
After using it a couple of weeks now I got to say that I really like this. It's just so easy to apply and touch-up throughout the day. It looks very natural, it doesn't completely cover the redness around my nose and on my chin, but with a bit of liquid concealer this is solved. But to be honest, I just use it on its own. I will try it as a setting powder as well and will update later.

on 8/10/2015 7:33:00 PM

My holy grail setting powder! Will definitely repurchase when Iam less tanned in winter

I use this to set my foundation and I love it. I never use powders because they have all made me look very cakey but this foundation does not AT ALL. It is amazing. I apply it right after my foundation with a large powder brush.

I bought this powder after reading the reviews on here. I am 41 and have started to get some lines underneath my eyes, which seem to be accentuated when I use face powder to set my concealer. This powder is lovely, it doesn't mattify my face to the point where it looks flat and dull, but instead gives a more dewy finish which is far more natural. Unfortunately it does nothing for the lines under my eyes and still makes the lines look more prominent. That said, I love the coverage that it gives and will definitely invest in it again when I run out. Maybe it's just time to accept the fact that my wrinkles are there to stay!

on 3/30/2015 9:42:00 PM

I usually don't splurge on Mac makeup but after reading reviews about the skinfinish powder I decided to give it a try. I typically use a BB cream and a drugstore powder to set it, in my daily routine. I wasn't happy with the drug store powders i had previously purchased and was looking for a better all day setting powder.

I purchased the skinfinish powder in medium plus, a shade that could carry me through summer. I love love the way it feels on my skin and instantly gave me a nice glow. I wanted to see how it would wear all day without a touch up and I am very pleasantly surprised. I had slight shine but nothing outrageous.
Although it's a bit pricey, $32.00 per compact, I will purchase again.

on 11/6/2014 11:34:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I used to think this made me break out - but it definitely does not (I just had acne and was struggling to manage it). That being said, I wear this pretty much every day now, and have been for about 6 months (and still haven't used it all up). I use a MAC 109 brush to buff it into my skin. I like to dab Maybelline Fit Me concealer (in "sand") on face, apply that with a damp beauty blender, then buff the skin finish on top. While it's not "full" coverage, I love the natural & glowy coverage it gives me. I wear this every day to work (at a law firm). It makes my natural skin look better and brighter. Medium plus is the right shade for me as I live in south Florida and am always in the sun. I would definitely recommend and will definitely repurchase when I use it all up.

on 9/19/2014 5:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

They changed the packaging on this product which I love!! All black super sleek look with a little mirror.

I have a mixed review on this product, the first time I ever bought it I feel in love with it, my skin looked amazing. It added coverage to my Face & Body foundation and gave me a matte look to my rather oily skin. When I ran out I rushed to the store (Mistake) I had super dark skin since i was tanning all summer and I go about 5 shades darker then I am the rest of the year. For some reason I let the girl talk me into getting a shade that matched my skin then (I know HUGE mistake) not only did I loose my tan and I'm not able to wear it anymore but I didn't love it as much, maybe it was the colour, but it broke me out and looked shiny. I'm using it as a bronzer for my cheeks since I spent so much money on it and I love it since its not as dark as all the mac bronzer.

Once i'm all out of my cheap drugstore powder (which I brought as a replacement) I'm going to try the lighter shade again and give it one last shot.

on 6/18/2014 3:28:00 PM

I have already purchased another one. :) And I still love it! I think I will continue using it until mac never sells them (hopefully not!!!!) They actually don't stay on my combination skin that well, but I love the look on my face even after my nose starts getting oily. The best thing with mac is they always has perfect color for me. I love this one also because its coverage, it's not that full coverage so it doesn't give me a cakey look. Just right there! And it's also very convenient to apply them with brush, it's perfect for me when I need to get up very early and don't have much time to put foundation and then setting powder....Anyway, I love it!