Lancome Hypnose Star

Lancome Hypnose Star

3.4

If you like stunning-looking lashes that curl almost 90 degrees towards the sky and set quickly, Lancome Hypnose Star Mascara may just be what you are looking for. However, one thing is keeping me from using it regularly.

What's Good?

What's Bad?
1. More Strokes Required
2. It Smudges
3. Not Cheap

Price, photos, full review and recommendation available at http://bit.ly/2ai92S6

on 6/14/2016 7:42:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

For a high end mascara, I shouldn't be this disappointed with it, especially from Lancome (I love the Definicils mascara), good thing it was a sample sized GWP, cuz I'd be so pissed if I paid full price for it. I like the idea of the brush, but it doesn't really work any differently on my lashes than any other mascara brush. The color is very black, and it doesn't seem to smudge around my eyes, that's about all the good things I can say about it. The mascara itself is terrible. The first coat is clumpy and has almost no volumizing effect, the second coat is about trying to brush out the clumps and try your best to get it to look decent. And then after a while when you check on it, you are still not happy with how it's looking. It's just not worth the money and the time.

on 6/3/2016 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

A few quick swipes of this mascara and my straight, very ordinary lashes are transformed into lush drama! However, I get the same effect with Maybelline Volum Express Falsies which is a fraction of the price... soooo, I'm not certain I would purchase this again.
But it smells great and works well and I enjoy using it!

on 4/3/2016 9:12:00 PM

I bought this years ago with the art liner set. Not going to repurchase... The brush is tapered and flat and doesn't work with my short lashes at all. Becomes clumpy after a couple of coats so its hard to really get a nice look with this mascara.

on 3/29/2016 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This was my HG mascara until it was discontinued! Please lancome bring this back!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I got this as a "hand-me-down" from my aunt who got this as a gift from her classmate in the US. So I didn't really know the price when I got this.

I have straight, thick lashes which only curls with this curler that's surprisingly not Shu Uemura. However, the curl only lasts if there's mascara on. Since I had this, my lashes stayed curled and made it thicker.

I just had to be careful though with swiping too much as it did make my lashes look spidery when I got too excited to make it bold (I was attending an event hence the many swipes).

Been using it for a year and a half now (I know I know, this is bad!) and sometimes I have to wipe off excess product with wet wipes but it does the job.

Might try out another product once this gets dry.

on 10/15/2015 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Gah what a clumpy little mess. The formula itself might be ok but the cone shaped brush is a big problem. The end of the cone holds a lump of mascara which randomly lands on the lashes, refusing to comb out because the bristles are not there. So then you are into a complicated dance trying to use the longer bristles to comb out the mess while the tip is happily depositing more clumps on previously nice lashes. And the eyelid.

So I tried cleaning the end, which helps a bit but wastes product, and still leaves lashes glued together in spots, wherever the tip of the cone touches, including previously combed out lashes.

Then the heavy rose fragrance. Why? It is nicer than my dual finish powder, but that isn't saying much. The powder stinks like decomposing roses while the mascara smells fresh cut. And fragrance so close to the eyes isn't a good idea at the best of times.

on 8/4/2015 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

The brush shape is very awkward and the formula itself has a very goopy consistency, and needless to say, clumps easily. Also, the black colour looks grayish? Not worth the price tag, Lancome has done better.

on 7/24/2015 2:03:00 PM

It's a good product, but there are many cheaper dupes that can deliver same results.

on 6/11/2015 6:17:00 AM

I'm not impressed. Although this mascara promises volume, it doesn't deliver and my lashes end up looking spiky. Even worse, it smudges a lot, so that by the end of the day, I have raccoon eyes. Lancme makes some very good mascaras, but this isn't one of them.

Popular Mascaras